Movie Marvel Studios: Spiderman - No Way Home (16 December 2021) USE SPOILER TAGS

Remove this Banner Ad

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I think so, havent seen anything on the Disney streaming services spruiking it either.

Yes it doesn’t bode well that Homecoming, No Way Home etc have never been on Disney+. They pop up on prime and Netflix instead etc.

vast

Hall of Famer
Sep 29, 2005
Nowhere
AFL Club
Essendon
I think so, havent seen anything on the Disney streaming services spruiking it either.

Netflix has original streaming rights for Sony movies but I think its for a limited time. It will end up their first iirc.

Not sure why homecoming isnt on their though. Maybe they didnt renew their licence to it yet its on binge in Australia for some reason and not disney+

Edit:

Found an article with some details.

phantom13

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Netflix has original streaming rights for Sony movies but I think its for a limited time. It will end up their first iirc.

Not sure why homecoming isnt on their though. Maybe they didnt renew their licence to it yet its on binge in Australia for some reason and not disney+

Edit:

Found an article with some details.

Binge actually got homecoming and far from home pretty recently (maybe just after No Way Home came out).

About a month out from No Way Home being released they were in a hodge podge of streaming services.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
I have viewed this movie again in a setting that's different to that of a cinema. Was ok.

BlakeyNoFlakey

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Well, there's now a decent version out there in the usual places (wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more), and I finally watched this. A pretty good film overall with a fantastic third act that covers the many faults of the first two acts. 6/10

Last edited:

NSWCROW

Make me an Admin!
Sep 16, 2006
NW SYNNEY
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
STURT - LIVERPOOL
Once it gets past the ridiculousness of the premise and it gets where it needs to be, HOLY * is it a brilliant movie.

*, did they nail the casting with Tom Holland.
He broke my heart in that last cafe scene.

"........and you thought LETHAL PROTECTOR was a s**t name !... "

" You were an AVENGER ? That's great !....What is that ?..... "

" I’m lame compared to... like, I fought a Russian guy in a... like, a rhinoceros machine "

Last edited:

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well because of the leaked version they've brought forward the release of the streaming/digital version

And I don't know what to purchase it on :(

I can never get the PS4 to stream properly so thats out, but do I go the Xbox route orrrr Apple TV ? :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AdelaideGT

All Australian
Sep 1, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wasn't a great movie but it was a good one. As others have said, slow start.

Good to see all those old (some looking especially old) faces back and some decent humour in the team-up scenes.

Tom Holland is good but the movie reminded me of how much I miss the original Spider-Man ensemble cast.

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would describe it the same. For me it was just ok and not really deserving of the hype it actually had. Storyline was very so-so.

Not a fan of the Tom Holland era so there's that (Homecoming was good, Far From Home was average) to contend with.

Should have had more Green Goblin, the standout of the movie!

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
I think the hype about 3 spidermen raelly pushed this up onto a pedestal before it came out. Looking back, still good.

BlakeyNoFlakey

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
I think the hype about 3 spidermen raelly pushed this up onto a pedestal before it came out. Looking back, still good.
The movie's third act is off the charts fantastic and makes this film successful. However, the first two acts are pretty average, IMO. The fact the third act is so good it makes you forget about the earlier stuff once the movie is over.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad