Movie Marvel Studios: Spiderman - No Way Home (16 December 2021) USE SPOILER TAGS

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeds

Hall of Famer
Sep 15, 2007
I don't know
AFL Club
Geelong
Amazing box office numbers. Considering it’s still a pandemic. I imagine that it’s heavily front loaded though, people would’ve been keen to see this as early as possible so as to not be spoiled later on. I imagine there’s going to be quite a drop off in week 2 and 3 etc.
most movie goers arent mad comic book fans. Most go casually when they have time. Like during the post xmas holiday period.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
most movie goers arent mad comic book fans. Most go casually when they have time. Like during the post xmas holiday period.

Yep, there’s some other big titles being released today/tomorrow as well looking for that holiday period money. No Way Home will probably pass a $1b this weekend. There’s probably many people who are fearful of returning to a cinema in the midst of a pandemic, and with no China release as well, these numbers are damn impressive.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
I think now the excitement and the hype of going back to see movies again in a full cinema....its not in my top 2-3

kane249

Say hello... to the bad guy
Oct 27, 2006
Behind enemy Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sth Freo, Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Saw it yesterday
Was hard not to have a geekgasm when Garfield and Maguire showed up. Was just something magical almost about how they were able to weave the previous incarnations together. Best reaction I'd seen in a theatre for a Marvel movie moment since Endgame.

I did wonder if they thought about bringing in DeHaan's Goblin into the piece also, but having two of them might be too confusing as well as the premise of them working together.[/quote]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vast

Hall of Famer
Sep 29, 2005
Nowhere
AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting Article

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon
Home now from just watching it, agree with what everyone has said in the spoilers. Fantastic film.

One thing that stuck out for me was that Dr Strange had the The Eye of Agamotto around his neck after the botched spell, so is the time stone back?

Last edited:

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Home now from just watching it, agree with what everyone has said in the spoilers. Fantastic film.

One thing that stuck out for me was that Dr Strange had the The Eye of Agamotto around his next after the botched spell, so is the time stone back?
EoA doesnt. necessarily = time stone though? Unless he got it in a deleted scene where he got the time stone in another universe and came back?

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Drawing on the source material, I recall Agamotto created 3 mystical eyes. Which had nothing to do with the infinity gems and long before the MCU. I think it’s just reverted back to it’s original form/power excluding the time stone it encased.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad