Movie Marvel Studios: Spiderman - No Way Home (16 December 2021) USE SPOILER TAGS

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe, but I think a lot of people will be going for second and third watches!
I have seen it twice now. Didn't have the audience pop the second time but was still good none the less. Helped because I was able to look for things at certain points. Will prob try see it a 3rd time at imax or something like that

Only thing stopping it is lockdowns. Which I hear might be happening soon in some of the larger markets. And prob wont get a chima release. I think it would have nudged 2 billion pre pandemic.

China is a such a lucrative market for these types of films. The numbers are damn impressive and yes I think pre pandemic and inclusive of China, $2b was on the cards.

Anyone notice MJ wearing the necklace at the end of the film? And what's with holland being approved for 4 more movies?
I also thought it was interesting how electro said "There's gotta be a black spiderman somewhere", possibly hinting to that guy in homecoming who had a nephew called miles.

Anyone notice MJ wearing the necklace at the end of the film? And what's with holland being approved for 4 more movies?
I also thought it was interesting how electro said "There's gotta be a black spiderman somewhere", possibly hinting to that guy in homecoming who had a nephew called miles.

Only just clicked with me that they had 1 villain from each Tobey/Andrew Spider-Man movie.

Spider-Man: Goblin
Spider-Man 2: Doc Oc
Spider-Man 3: Sandman
Amazing Spider-Man: Lizard
Amazing Spider-Man 2: Electro

Initially I thought it was weird having Sandman given he was pretty redeemed by the end of Spider-Man 3 and was never really a proper evil character, but I suppose if they wanted 1 villain from each movie then it wouldn't be Franco for obvious reasons and Topher Grace was pretty universally panned for his Venom so it had to be Sandman.

Only just clicked with me that they had 1 villain from each Tobey/Andrew Spider-Man movie.

Spider-Man: Goblin
Spider-Man 2: Doc Oc
Spider-Man 3: Sandman
Amazing Spider-Man: Lizard
Amazing Spider-Man 2: Electro

Initially I thought it was weird having Sandman given he was pretty redeemed by the end of Spider-Man 3 and was never really a proper evil character, but I suppose if they wanted 1 villain from each movie then it wouldn't be Franco for obvious reasons and Topher Grace was pretty universally panned for his Venom so it had to be Sandman.

I must admit I thought that Franco would make an appearance, given that he knows Peter Parker’s true identity. But would get a bit messy/convoluted with his father already there.

Everyone is forgetting the main thing here

The alternative universes contain a live tony stark and maybe steve rogers.....

I’ve thought this since the multiverse became a thing. I doubt it but I’ve thought it!

Am I the only one disappointed we don’t get Hardy venom face off with Holland Spider-Man?

wow. Everyone has been buzzing over Garfield in this movie and now Sony are apperently considering making TASM 3 and he could appear in other projects. Amazing ;)

So he should, I really liked the TASM movies, and he’s probably equal with holland as my favourite spidey

wow. Everyone has been buzzing over Garfield in this movie and now Sony are apperently considering making TASM 3 and he could appear in other projects. Amazing ;)
He was great, but I reckon he’ll just turn up in other films. Might get to reunite with Holland or turn up in one of the other planned Spider-Man related projects like Venom. I just don’t think they’ll want to dilute the Holland series with a parallel Spider-Man solo series.

Garfield has always been a very good Spider-Man he just got dudded with s**t scripts and poor movies. Just have a look at the scene in ASM 2 where he fails to save Gwen, he was superb there. Would love to see him get another chance at his own movie and hopefully he isn't done with Spider-Man but at the same time he is a very in demand actor these days. tick, tick...Boom was incredible and will see him get an Oscar nom at least so I could also see him moving away from the superhero genre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garfield has always been a very good Spider-Man he just got dudded with sh*t scripts and poor movies. Just have a look at the scene in ASM 2 where he fails to save Gwen, he was superb there. Would love to see him get another chance at his own movie and hopefully he isn't done with Spider-Man but at the same time he is a very in demand actor these days. tick, tick...Boom was incredible and will see him get an Oscar nom at least so I could also see him moving away from the superhero genre.
I think the way he was used helped too. His comic timing is great and there wasn’t any of the angsty melodrama that laced his films.

Garfield has always been a very good Spider-Man he just got dudded with sh*t scripts and poor movies. Just have a look at the scene in ASM 2 where he fails to save Gwen, he was superb there. Would love to see him get another chance at his own movie and hopefully he isn't done with Spider-Man but at the same time he is a very in demand actor these days. tick, tick...Boom was incredible and will see him get an Oscar nom at least so I could also see him moving away from the superhero genre.

Most people appeared to think he was a good spiderman in poor spiderman films and also seems to have won over some that didnt like him in the role. Whats clear is that he a huge fan of the character and has been his whole life and I think he would love to play him again and appeared to be genuinely happy to ido it here. Look at his face during the spidey group hug, it doesnt even feel like acting. And like u said he is a fantastic actor all round. I think this time he would have a lot more say in the production if he was to sign on. Jon Watts will be doing F4 for Marvel next but maybe he could team up with the the writers of this as a start as they did a great job interweaving the arcs from the Tobey and Garfields movies into this story.

Most people appeared to think he was a good spiderman in poor spiderman films and also seems to have won over some that didnt like him in the role. Whats clear is that he a huge fan of the character and has been his whole life and I think he would love to play him again and appeared to be genuinely happy to ido it here. Look at his face during the spidey group hug, it doesnt even feel like acting. And like u said he is a fantastic actor all round. I think this time he would have a lot more say in the production if he was to sign on. Jon Watts will be doing F4 for Marvel next but maybe he could team up with the the writers of this as a start as they did a great job interweaving the arcs from the Tobey and Garfields movies into this story.
The script would have to be right for him to do it imo. I saw an interview he did with Amy Adams where he was talking about how he signed up to do Spider-Man because he grew up loving the character and wanted to do movies focused on character and story. Ultimately that's not what they focused on being a big budget super-hero movie and the whole process left him heartbroken. Him appearing again in NWH would mean that he feels better about it now but I still think it may be a bit of time before we see him in another Spider-Man film.

He was also very good in The Eyes of Tammy Faye, too.

He could potentially land noms for Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor.

as suggested or hinted at in another thread by/with glenferry, where are the other supes when sh*t hit the fan in this movie? I add that armed forces were no where to be seen when the villains all appeared.
m8 there were four heroes there, what more do you want

as suggested or hinted at in another thread by/with glenferry, where are the other supes when sh*t hit the fan in this movie? I add that armed forces were no where to be seen when the villains all appeared.
Do you want every movie to be an Avengers movie with an endgame cast? 😂

Do you want every movie to be an Avengers movie with an endgame cast? 😂

Am not sure anyone is suggesting that. Just more so with such big destruction/battle events like this it’s just a curious side note that there’s no other collective response.

I’m guessing that’s also a reflection of The Avengers themselves almost not being an entity anymore - no Cap, no Iron Man, Avengers compound destroyed, no leadership, Fury off planet etc etc. I do ponder the question though, and I’ll use spoilers for Eternals just incase

there’s an object coming out of the Earth itself, potentially an extinction level event with the planet almost being torn apart - yet no one there except the Eternals themselves. I found that.....odd.

Just saw this

When Strange originally made the spell, he said everyone will forget the identity of Spiderman. However at the end they change it to they will forget Peter Parkers existence. Did I miss something or is that a big plot hole?

Am not sure anyone is suggesting that. Just more so with such big destruction/battle events like this it’s just a curious side note that there’s no other collective response.

I’m guessing that’s also a reflection of The Avengers themselves almost not being an entity anymore - no Cap, no Iron Man, Avengers compound destroyed, no leadership, Fury off planet etc etc. I do ponder the question though, and I’ll use spoilers for Eternals just incase

there’s an object coming out of the Earth itself, potentially an extinction level event with the planet almost being torn apart - yet no one there except the Eternals themselves. I found that.....odd.
in such events youd hope that the streets ARE deserted and people are in their homes as evidenced by this movie.

the most real scene was when
PP walked through the school and heaps of students had their phones out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back