Movie Marvel Studios: Spiderman - No Way Home (16 December 2021) USE SPOILER TAGS

Remove this Banner Ad

All people super keen have seen it. Casual goers aren’t going to bother going into a thread before seeing a movie they are only casually interested in.

those super keen want to discuss it.
You are one pain in the arse when you want to be Seeds
Just giving you consumer feedback on your product. The lack of engaging posts in this thread beyond the: "its brilliant"and "I liked it" Posts should be another hint your consumers dont like spoiler tags.
Some of us don’t like sharing the site with a welcher who said he was quitting.

Have some respect for everyone else and spoiler tag.

So if all the bad guys came back to life because they knew who peter parker is then it isn't a stretch to assume Gwen Stacey did/could have also, I know Garfield got his redemption arc by saving MJ, but the very act of saving the bad guys from death by fixing them would also unintentionally save Gwen right?

So if all the bad guys came back to life because they knew who peter parker is then it isn't a stretch to assume Gwen Stacey did/could have also, I know Garfield got his redemption arc by saving MJ, but the very act of saving the bad guys from death by fixing them would also unintentionally save Gwen right?
Not a bad point at all! Which then opens up to

SPIDER WOMAN!

Truthfully i dont think the "science" holds up as none of them "came back" Ock knew of Norman being dead, it makes more sense that they were "summoned" just before their deaths, this doesnt account for why they were all older though". As in Endgame the time travel/multiverse stuff shouldnt be thought about too long.

If anything Gwen could theoretically come from her timeline pre death but id wager that once Holland is done and they bring in Miles theyll bring in a new spider Gwen especially as i doubt Emma Stone is interested in this.

Welp guess I'm in the vast minority on this one, didn't really like it overall.
Multiversing things was such a cool concept, and yeah the inclusion of Garfield, McGuire and all the old villains was amazing and pulled off really well, was great to see them in action on screen together. Big fan of the Daredevil Netflix series too (all the Marvel Netflix shows to a degree even the weaker ones) so that got me as well, so awesome. In that respect the movie is probably the best done piece of fan service I've ever seen... but it kinda felt to me as if thats all it was? Like they didn't really have the hook or plot to hang it all on.

Like.. sorry May, your take is seriously wrong here lol, and you did die for pretty much nothing. Sacrifice her, your relationships with your girlfriend and you best mate, risk your very reality so you can... what, help out some villains from alternate universes you just met 2 minutes ago, who spend 90% of the movie trying to kill you? When you could just hit a button and send them back to where they're meant to be any time you like? Nah. Yeah everyone deserves a 2nd chance, but not with that kinda risk attached.

Yes, I realise people can't make dimension holes and swing around cities with webs. Like I said I loved it and I can turn a blind eye to it all, I just think there could have been a better solution somehow if they gave it a bit more thought.

Personally I feel like it would have worked better if it was all about helping/saving the alternate versions of Peter Parker. I could buy that, but all this for actual villains who already died fighting Spiderman in their own realities and that Peter1 met 5 seconds ago... too far for mine.

Do all of the videos and photos etc of Peter Parker now just disappear? Is he still in his school year book for example? How do people reconcile any records of him with the fact no one remembers him, or if there are no records of him at all, how does he get a uni place and an apartment?
Just saw this

When Strange originally made the spell, he said everyone will forget the identity of Spiderman. However at the end they change it to they will forget Peter Parkers existence. Did I miss something or is that a big plot hole?
Yeah the wifey picked up on that - so he's just an unperson now? No social security, bank account etc, no history of him at all in that reality?

And a few other quibbles that are absolutely small fry in the scheme of things but still irked me a little;
  • Ned being able to open portals? Didn't Strange have to train for weeks or months under expert tutelage to achieve that? Or is it just whoever has the Sling Ring can do it?
  • So.. Tobey McGuire is fine? Or is he going back to his reality moments from death after getting what looked to be a pretty fatal stab wound?
  • Happy at May's grave - why would anyone know May through Spiderman?

Last edited:
Ill have a crack at a few

FWIW the motivations are pretty stretched, i think it was a nice little way to shoehorn the "great power, great responsibility" thing and it didnt bother me but i also cant defend it.

videos and photos etc of Peter Parker now just disappear? Is he still in his school year book for example? How do people reconcile any records of him with the fact no one remembers him, or if there are no records of him at all, how does he get a uni place and an apartment?

Strange originally made the spell, he said everyone will forget the identity of Spiderman. However at the end they change it to they will forget Peter Parkers existence. Did I miss something or is that a big plot hole?

I think these two are linked, i suspect he still has an identity (his social security card and stuff doesnt just disappear, records still exist) just no one remembers him. Like that kid at your high school that no one remembers i guess.

Ned being able to open portals? Didn't Strange have to train for weeks or months under expert tutelage to achieve that? Or is it just whoever has the Sling Ring can do it?

There is a throwaway line about magic in the family plus (someone in here did already theorize this so im stealing) Dr.Strange had to unlearn all his skepticism, then re learn magic with no lineage for it, Ned is younger and already believes in it.

So.. Tobey McGuire is fine? Or is he going back to his reality moments from death after getting what looked to be a pretty fatal stab wound?

Spiderman has enhanced healing, the stab wound is the least suspension of disbelief in these movies for me.

Happy at May's grave - why would anyone know May through Spiderman?

Yeh... i dont think there is an explanation for this, plus it would be the easiest in to tell Happy ever "Oh you know spiderman, thats me, i need some cash bro" to be honest i didnt like that scene at all, not needed for me.

Welp guess I'm in the vast minority on this one, didn't really like it overall.
Multiversing things was such a cool concept, and yeah the inclusion of Garfield, McGuire and all the old villains was amazing and pulled off really well, was great to see them in action on screen together. Big fan of the Daredevil Netflix series too (all the Marvel Netflix shows to a degree even the weaker ones) so that got me as well, so awesome. In that respect the movie is probably the best done piece of fan service I've ever seen... but it kinda felt to me as if thats all it was? Like they didn't really have the hook or plot to hang it all on.

Like.. sorry May, your take is seriously wrong here lol, and you did die for pretty much nothing. Sacrifice her, your relationships with your girlfriend and you best mate, risk your very reality so you can... what, help out some villains from alternate universes you just met 2 minutes ago, who spend 90% of the movie trying to kill you? When you could just hit a button and send them back to where they're meant to be any time you like? Nah. Yeah everyone deserves a 2nd chance, but not with that kinda risk attached.

Personally I feel like it would have worked better if it was all about helping/saving the alternate versions of Peter Parker. I could buy that, but all this for actual villains who already died fighting Spiderman in their own realities and that Peter1 met 5 seconds ago... too far for mine.

Yeah the wifey picked up on that - so he's just an unperson now? No social security, bank account etc, no history of him at all in that reality?

And a few other quibbles that are absolutely small fry in the scheme of things but still irked me a little;
  • Ned being able to open portals? Didn't Strange have to train for weeks or months under expert tutelage to achieve that? Or is it just whoever has the Sling Ring can do it?
  • So.. Tobey McGuire is fine? Or is he going back to his reality moments from death after getting what looked to be a pretty fatal stab wound?
  • Happy at May's grave - why would anyone know May through Spiderman?

Can’t really fault any of these questions really and agreed, some of these finer details do irk me as well without being anything significant enough to be a deal breaker etc.

I reckon that in an earlier version, Tobey’s Spider-Man did actually die from that stab wound from Goblin. However it probably tested poorly with early screenings with viewers/executives etc and was then changed. Did seem a bit jarring that he’s just (relatively) fine in their farewell moments after being violently stabbed just before that.

Ned’s magic skills is alluding to him becoming Hobgoblin. There was a fair bit of foreshadowing with that during the film. A sling ring in itself isn’t sufficient I don’t believe to just open up a portal (from memory Strange struggled with his in his early time at Kamar-Taj, although he was still trying to heal at that time from his multiple surgeries which was also a hinderance to him).

I need to rewatch that scene at May’s grave to recall the dialogue exactly. It didn’t exactly make sense the first time around to me either.

Overall though as much as I like Jamie Foxx and this Electro version, his character never knew Peter Parker was Spider-Man in TASM 2 and I’m struggling to understand why he’s brought through the multiverse. Compared to say Harry Osborn with Tobey’s version for example.

Can’t really fault any of these questions really and agreed, some of these finer details do irk me as well without being anything significant enough to be a deal breaker etc.

I reckon that in an earlier version, Tobey’s Spider-Man did actually die from that stab wound from Goblin. However it probably tested poorly with early screenings with viewers/executives etc and was then changed. Did seem a bit jarring that he’s just (relatively) fine in their farewell moments after being violently stabbed just before that.

Ned’s magic skills is alluding to him becoming Hobgoblin. There was a fair bit of foreshadowing with that during the film. A sling ring in itself isn’t sufficient I don’t believe to just open up a portal (from memory Strange struggled with his in his early time at Kamar-Taj, although he was still trying to heal at that time from his multiple surgeries which was also a hinderance to him).

I need to rewatch that scene at May’s grave to recall the dialogue exactly. It didn’t exactly make sense the first time around to me either.

Overall though as much as I like Jamie Foxx and this Electro version, his character never knew Peter Parker was Spider-Man in TASM 2 and I’m struggling to understand why he’s brought through the multiverse. Compared to say Harry Osborn with Tobey’s version for example.
i read electro knew spidermans identity through a data download he was doing as he died.

Ha yeah good point re: McGuire's Peter potentially dying in an earlier version, looked like thats where they were heading with it but I could definitely see that testing poorly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't realise there was a proper thread for this but I can't believe it has been a month and this movie still feels like a fever dream, genuinely got everything I wanted out of that movie.

I like Garfield and Holland, but seeing Maguire again made this movie all the more worth it, seeing him put on the suit again made me so ******* happy.

Maguire and Molina's interaction with each other nearly made me tear up.

"You're all grown up" it's like Molina was talking to the audience who grew up with the Raimi films, couple that with the Elfman score in the background.......my childhood 😭.

Dafoe's Goblin became the best MCU villain for me, absolutely terrifying and better than his original version.

Ha yeah good point re: McGuire's Peter potentially dying in an earlier version, looked like thats where they were heading with it but I could definitely see that testing poorly.

It was one hell of a shock when he was stabbed, I immedietly thought there's no ******* way you would go to all that effort to bring him back just to kill him! Was glad and relieved to see he was okay (relatively okay I guess).

i read electro knew spidermans identity through a data download he was doing as he died.

Sorry for late response, I must have missed this notification. Yes that would make sense, was it mentioned in the film though? I don't recall it. I've only seen it once though so am happy to be wrong. Really wanting to see it again asap.

Sorry for late response, I must have missed this notification. Yes that would make sense, was it mentioned in the film though? I don't recall it. I've only seen it once though so am happy to be wrong. Really wanting to see it again asap.

Not explicitly but I think in the film there is a line of something to that effect when he realises he died.

Also if TASM 2 isnt there a bit where he says I can see it all once he gets his powers but its been years since I watched that so I could very well be mixing that up.

Some of my favourite super hero movies have been to try and make it relatable to the average human, eg. iron man thinking up all his gadgets, batman doing his thing, etc, so this kind of fell a bit flat for me.

As a fan service movie, it was a work of art combining 3 eras of spideys so I can't fault that aspect. Leaves a few plotholes as already pointed out but another one I thought of was if Green Goblin returns to SM1 alive, should he then be in SM2 & SM3? Same for Doc Oc, should he now also be in SM3? Or are there x amounts of new timelines created?

It was entertaining. It was fun to see some of the old characters together again. It flowed. Casting and performances good. The dialog was fine. Digital art is standard these days.

It was very meta - as in self referential to the whole Spiderman movie series - rather than depicting elements required within the internal plot of this particular film. It was clever but for me it takes you out of the suspension of disbelief of the fantasy you are watching - and into the Marvel/Sony/different directors/actors blah blah. I really don't care about that stuff.

Some of it didn't make sense because I hadn't watched or couldn't recall every detail of the other Spiderman movies. I resisted watching some of them because a reboot after a short few years smacks of a money spinner rather than a significant retelling of the story.

Other parts didn't make sense for plot contrivance reasons.

Why did all the bad guys come back shortly before they were due to die in their alternative universe? Why did only the bad guys who knew Spiderman's identity come back? Why not bring back the original MJ? (Kirsten Dunst).

7/10.

Last edited:
One thing that sort of dawned on me overnight...

they did J.Jonah dirty here. One of the most important scenes for Jonah in the whole franchise (for me at least) is when he refuses to tell Goblin who takes Spidermans pictures in the original Maguire movie (they come in the mail). It shows us that even though he hates spiderman he actually is a good dude who wants to do the right thing. Now i realise different universe, different J.Jonah but here he really is a sleazy modern buzzfeed style reporter. I think in hindsight i would have preferred a different actor so we can keep the good angry dad J.Jonah played by JK Simmons (to perfection i might add) separate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back