Movie Marvel Studios (The) Black Widow. Directed by Cate Shortland. Airing July 9 2021 Disney + Premier access

Remove this Banner Ad

I've also wondered how Black Widow got into The Avengers in the first place. Like, you've got the Incredible Hulk who is basically indestructible and Thor, who is literally a god. But then you've also got Black Widow, who is just a normal human. Yes, she's lethal and highly trained but she's still just a basic, unaugmented human. She's not even Jason Bourne. So how does she get into the Avengers? Did they get rid of all the recruiting criteria on the day she applied?

What possible job is there where you would send Black Widow to get it done instead of Incredible Hulk or Thor?

"Oh, these unkillable, cosmically powerful guys couldn't fix it but maybe Black Widow has what it takes. Because she's good-looking and awesome at kicking. Maybe that's what we need instead. Let's give her a shot at it."

I've also wondered how Black Widow got into The Avengers in the first place. Like, you've got the Incredible Hulk who is basically indestructible and Thor, who is literally a god. But then you've also got Black Widow, who is just a normal human. Yes, she's lethal and highly trained but she's still just a basic, unaugmented human. She's not even Jason Bourne. So how does she get into the Avengers? Did they get rid of all the recruiting criteria on the day she applied?

What possible job is there where you would send Black Widow to get it done instead of Incredible Hulk or Thor?

"Oh, these unkillable, cosmically powerful guys couldn't fix it but maybe Black Widow has what it takes. Because she's good-looking and awesome at kicking. Maybe that's what we need instead. Let's give her a shot at it."
Well.. she's a spy... who worked for SHIELD...

Every movie needs a sidekick who is useless at everything and is just there to pad out the numbers in scenes

Don't get me started. So they've got Black Widow, who will save the world with her kicking. If that doesn't work, send a guy with the bow and arrow. FMD.

We really are one step away from sending in The Shoveller from Mystery Men.

The Shoveller, Mr Furious and the Blue Raja would be far move useful in the Avengers than BW, the arrow guy and the other couple of side kicks that they throw into Iron Man suits or some sort of flying wing (which they could put anyone in and get the same result).

BW provided some relatability to the regular folk, that one day maybe if they worked hard at their craft they could become the next widow, or hawkeye. Cause no one could be thor, but banner? maybe if you just smashed yourself with enough gamma.

BW provided some relatability to the regular folk, that one day maybe if they worked hard at their craft they could become the next widow, or hawkeye. Cause no one could be thor, but banner? maybe if you just smashed yourself with enough gamma.
It's good to know that anyone could be in the Avengers if they work hard and follow their dreams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the editing choices were strange for me. Opening scene we see her surrounded by Ross’ crew, she somehow just walks out of the bathroom and is then on a large tanker sailing away.
So this is now free on Disney so just watched it with the son, on this particular scene... Am I the only one who just thought it meant she was never in that bathroom when talking to Ross? She was watching them but long gone...

Anyway we enjoyed it fine, I liked the family dynamic, old mate from Stranger Things was good.. I'd like to know more of his back story.
It's a Marvel movie, did I enjoy it... Yes, would I race to rewatch, unlikely

So this is now free on Disney so just watched it with the son, on this particular scene... Am I the only one who just thought it meant she was never in that bathroom when talking to Ross? She was watching them but long gone...

Anyway we enjoyed it fine, I liked the family dynamic, old mate from Stranger Things was good.. I'd like to know more of his back story.
It's a Marvel movie, did I enjoy it... Yes, would I race to rewatch, unlikely

Unfortunately I can’t remember that scene well enough to tell exactly what you mean, however from what I recall then yes. That would absolutely make sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back