Marvels Captain Marvel (2019) - starring Brie Larson as Captain Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Opens Wednesday 6 March in Australia.

According to the Marvel official website, Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) becomes one of the universe's most powerful heroes while Earth is in a galactic war with aliens.

Set in the past, it acts as a precursor if you like to End Game, or a bridge between Infinity War and End Game.

Here is the movies twitter page

https://twitter.com/captainmarvel

Consult your local guides.

Watch it or feel her wrath!

original.gif

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Marvel saw the huge success of Wonder Woman and then thought who can we put up as our WW to try and cash in on that cash cow.

Unfortunately all they had or so they figured was a C grade character that is pretty dull in the comics and going by the trailers is pretty dull looking on screen.

Samuel L Jackson is in it so that's worth the price of a movie ticket alone. My bet is he's the real star of the movie.

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Marvel saw the huge success of Wonder Woman and then thought who can we put up as our WW to try and cash in on that cash cow.

Unfortunately all they had or so they figured was a C grade character that is pretty dull in the comics and going by the trailers is pretty dull looking on screen.

Samuel L Jackson is in it so that's worth the price of a movie ticket alone. My bet is he's the real star of the movie.
To be fair Iron Man was a C-grade character at best in 2008 and they built the Empire on his back.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

Captain Marvel has been on the drawing board since the 1st batch of films, was going to appear in Ultron.
So no not a reflex of WW.

As said earlier pretty much all the characters they had were c graders, even d graders and look how that's worked out.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Captain Marvel has been on the drawing board since the 1st batch of films, was going to appear in Ultron.
So no not a reflex of WW.

As said earlier pretty much all the characters they had were c graders, even d graders and look how that's worked out.

I'd love to hear who the C and D graders were.

I've seen people saying Thor wasn't well known despite him being hugely iconic for a long time.

That made me laugh.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I'd love to hear who the C and D graders were.

I've seen people saying Thor wasn't well known despite him being hugely iconic for a long time.

That made me laugh.

Iron man, Guardians, Doctor Strange, Antman etc etc etc.

He'll Thor wasn't one of the A graders either.

The A graders at the time were Spidey, xmen, F4, possibly Hulk and Cap was a B grader.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Iron man, Guardians, Doctor Strange, Antman etc etc etc.

He'll Thor wasn't one of the A graders either.

The A graders at the time were Spidey, xmen, F4, possibly Hulk and Cap was a B grader.

Thor was an A grader in the 70s when I was growing up, cartoons, merch etc aplenty.

So was Hulk in the 80s.

Comics wise Dr Strange is a B Grader.

https://m.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/top-marvel-comics-superheroes

This isn't a bad ranking site. Ranks characters popularity but importantly breaks them down generational wise.

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He was a B Grader imo. He's in some of the higher rated Marvel Comics.
I think he was fairly big within the Marvel stable, but did not have a crossover appeal to general audiences until the MCU. Same with Thor.

Now if the Sentry and D-Man ever get MCU films I'll have to agree that Marvel is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thor was an A grader in the 70s when I was growing up, cartoons, merch etc aplenty.

So was Hulk in the 80s.

Comics wise Dr Strange is a B Grader.

https://m.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/top-marvel-comics-superheroes

This isn't a bad ranking site. Ranks characters popularity but importantly breaks them down generational wise.
Hulk was definitely A-list, from memory there's a weird rights thing Marvel has to maneuver similar to with Spiderman to use the character because they sold the rights off with the rest of their top tier properties to save the company back in the day. Think Thor had significantly diminished in stature by the 00's, similar to Captain America I think the character fell out of fashion and didn't mesh well with the direction comics were going in at the time.

I enjoyed wonder woman

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I enjoyed wonder woman
Wonder Woman showed the obvious path for DC to rake in the cash. Model the films on the Marvel formula, but borrow the X-Men FC strategy and distinguish them and cash in by making them all period pieces. Batman origin story set in the 60's, Superman origin story set in the 70's, Justice League film set in the 80's.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I think he was fairly big within the Marvel stable, but did not have a crossover appeal to general audiences until the MCU. Same with Thor.

Now if the Sentry and D-Man ever get MCU films I'll have to agree that Marvel is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Well they've stuffed things up by not doing a Phoenix film before doing Dark Phoenix. So who knows what they might do.

Most comic fans are still hanging out for a decent Gambit film.

Wonder Woman showed the obvious path for DC to rake in the cash. Model the films on the Marvel formula, but borrow the X-Men FC strategy and distinguish them and cash in by making them all period pieces. Batman origin story set in the 60's, Superman origin story set in the 70's, Justice League film set in the 80's.

When I read X Men FC I think of football club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back