TV Marvels "What If....? 5pm August 11 available on Disney +

Remove this Banner Ad

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Based on the comic series of the same name, "What if...?" focusses on the very question people like to ask. It delves into hero storylines but throws a curve ball in asking yourself the title of the series. It comes from the perspective of The Watcher, who as the name suggests, likes to observe.

The series will take you on a ride and bend your reality as you branch out into various timelines of the multiverse, rewinding back to key moments of the universe that we've seen or heard of.

MV5BOGYwYTA5M2QtMTk3Zi00ZjdjLWFkNDUtYzg4MjM0ZGI0MGU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODIyOTEyMzY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Last edited:

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Nice callbacks to the Hydra attack scene in the first Cap film, makes me want to go back and revisit. Always liked Red Skull. Good first episode, was hoping they’d maybe drop the first two or three episodes at once.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Nice callbacks to the Hydra attack scene in the first Cap film, makes me want to go back and revisit. Always liked Red Skull. Good first episode, was hoping they’d maybe drop the first two or three episodes at once.

Some of the lines, quips etc were exactly the same I felt.

James_Blues

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames
Definitely enjoyed it although I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the pacing. I recognise that they obviously can't do feature length stuff for every episode, but it is very quick.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Definitely enjoyed it although I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the pacing. I recognise that they obviously can't do feature length stuff for every episode, but it is very quick.

Yes I absolutely agree, it did feel very rapid. For example, the whole mission to grab the tesseract before Hydra get it back to their base in Germany. Stark and Carter at the bar where she’s having a drink. Gives her a costume and shield, seconds later she’s in Germany to intercept.

It just felt off. However such is the format of this show.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes I absolutely agree, it did feel very rapid. For example, the whole mission to grab the tesseract before Hydra get it back to their base in Germany. Stark and Carter at the bar where she’s having a drink. Gives her a costume and shield, seconds later she’s in Germany to intercept.

It just felt off. However such is the format of this show.

time travel! :D

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Loved from the opening that Star Lord was known to Korath. Great callback to the first Guardians where no one knew who Quill was haha.

The Milano is now the Mandela. Brilliant stuff.

Thanos. Holy sh*t.

Great to see the Black Order back. Although I thought Cull Obsidian and Proxima would’ve been defeated by Thanos easily.

Was that Korg’s hand that The Collector was referring to?

Loved the little snippets of Ludwig Gorannson’s score. The Dora theme and the talking drums are iconic.

Taserface is back.

Nice reference to Drax’s wife and daughter as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Everything was brilliant.

Though if i may, the first episode rehashed a lot of lines, quotes and scenes. This one did not. It was a different ride, a different universe if you will.
A coming together of different characters, swapping places or sides.

I loved
the collector tanvir (who always reminds me of a cricketer) showing an arsenal he has acquired. Caps shield, Thors sisters helmet etc

The spaceships in Tanvirs collection, spaceships - the yellow spiky one, diversions by the ravagers (instead of the Guardians). Loved Thanos as a goodie, and seeing the black order was great too.

What a blast!!!

And im not sure to be honest if bosemans voice hit home so hard cause he's dead. Or just cause he's a great actor/voice.

And_ROOS

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Everything was brilliant.

Though if i may, the first episode rehashed a lot of lines, quotes and scenes. This one did not. It was a different ride, a different universe if you will.
A coming together of different characters, swapping places or sides.

I loved
the collector tanvir (who always reminds me of a cricketer) showing an arsenal he has acquired. Caps shield, Thors sisters helmet etc

The spaceships in Tanvirs collection, spaceships - the yellow spiky one, diversions by the ravagers (instead of the Guardians). Loved Thanos as a goodie, and seeing the black order was great too.

What a blast!!!

And im not sure to be honest if bosemans voice hit home so hard cause he's dead. Or just cause he's a great actor/voice.

Speaking of easter eggs
Thors hammer is also there. And the rock arm he has at the start of the fight is Korgs arm. And when he is switching to Helas helmet you see the eye of Agamotto was next to Caps shield.

Freo Big Fella

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2003
The great wide north
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
Excellent, but so sad hearing Chadwick for what'll most likely be the last time.:'(

Djimon Honsou the absolute MVP though.

Good guy Thanos chewing everyones ear off re how genocide is actually a really good idea in uncomfortable bar conversations is the hardest I've laughed at anything for quite a while.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Supposedly there’s 4 episodes in total this season that features Chadwick, which is great. Even his voice is very regal like. King.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Should I bow maybe i should kneel?
Thanos mad! haha

Last edited:

sorted

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham
The first episode was ok but felt rushed or badly edited into 30 minutes.

The Hydra-Stomper technology would have been enough to defeat the Nazis. Are we to assume that Stark needed the Tesseract to power it? I don't think that was explained within the episode. Then later the Hydra-Stomper suit can be charged instantly without the Tesseract?

Ry009

Premium Platinum
Aug 26, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MMA
So many feels with Chadwick :(

Didn't mind the first episode but this was much better.

Makes a difference having 99% of the original cast from the movies too.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Tomorrow’s episode is centered about the black widow. What if….

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad