FTA-TV Marvels "What If....? 5pm August 11 available on Disney +

Remove this Banner Ad

Best episode yet.

I thought before i divulged that this would be centred around BW, that ego/quill would be the next one. and inside to be truthful iwasnt enthralled.

Lucky it wasnt.

But interestingly, leaks suggested this was about BW....

but it really wasnt. it was about Fury. Loved it!! Bits of everything.

- Banner/Ross fight harking back to the Eddie Norton Hulk G. Ross arc. When Hulk was blowing up I thought hello abomination.!!!
- Miss Ross zooming in on the needle, straightaway foreshadowed ant/wasp angle.
- yellowjacket as Hanky pym. wow, did NOT see that coming
- lokis army and warriors 3!!!!!! and the giant metal dude
- lovely homage paid to the cap marvel beeper
- coulsen provided the laughs
- the whole thor sequence.
steve rogers shield...coming back. prediction he'll be a zombie.

This felt like the first avengers movie, multiple pieces moving together. Action packed.

Absolutely loving this.

So this is a part of phase 4 of the MCU but how exactly does it tie into the universe? Are they using this platform to showcase what is going on in different multiverses and then potentially use that into the movies?

Just on this latest episode...
I would really love a follow up, be it an episode or just anything really, where we find out who joins Captain America and Captain Marvel in this universes Avengers after the OG group is murdered. If its based on the MCU, Spidey is too young, Iron Mans death means maybe Rhodey takes over being Iron Man instead of becoming War Machine, Falcon would be able to eventually join as his story arc wouldn't be affected in theory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoyed first few eps.... found the Dr Strange one very *yawn*
Ha, I thought it was one of the better ones.

I’m not sure what it lacking about these shows, I think it’s that they’re all standalone.

I reached for the phone a number of times in the second of that, something I very rarely do.

I didnt even get to that due to my tiredness! haha

I’m not sure what it lacking about these shows, I think it’s that they’re all standalone.

yes standalone i think cause they different universes.

as we've seen in previous eps they use a lot of source material aka movies and quotes. I didnt feel this one had any.

Perhaps standalone for now however I really feel they’re building to an event. Remembering from the trailers there was a moment of The Avengers in a circle together a la the 2012 film, but this time it had the likes of T’Challa/Star-Lord etc.

I think there’ll be that kind of team up soon with Captain Carter and so on.

I didnt even get to that due to my tiredness! haha

yes standalone i think cause they different universes.

as we've seen in previous eps they use a lot of source material aka movies and quotes. I didnt feel this one had any.

The first portion of this episode was lifted straight from the Dr Strange film right? The ceremony he was about to attend before the car crash in his Lamborghini.

Perhaps standalone for now however I really feel they’re building to an event. Remembering from the trailers there was a moment of The Avengers in a circle together a la the 2012 film, but this time it had the likes of T’Challa/Star-Lord etc.

The first portion of this episode was lifted straight from the Dr Strange film right? The ceremony he was about to attend before the car crash in his Lamborghini.
haha oh yeah u right. but quote wise i didnt get nothin

There's an interesting (fan made, obviously) video doing the rounds syncing up Scarlet Witch realising her full power (WandaVision) with the death of good guy Kang/breaking of the timeline (Loki) - given all these TV series seem to be doing degrees of Phase 4 world building and foreshadowing, it'd be interesting if something like that continues to play out.

Creepy AF at times. Got some I Am Legend vibes from those early New York scenes.

Cherishing every glimpse of Chadwick Boseman. His voice. Damn.

The sound effect of that Quinjet stalling I’m 100% convinced is the same noise of the Millennium Falcon from The Empire Strikes Back where its hyperdrive fails.

Ripping episode.

Starring in no particular order

banner
Maw, E
Cull Obsidian
iron man
Strange
wong
hope (wasp)
spiderman
stranges cape
sharon carter
happy
kurt
barnes (sergent)
okoye
hawkeye
capt USA
black widow
hanky pym
mrs pym
ant man
vision
ant mans head (scott)
black panther (vale)
wanda
quad jet

star packed episode. the who's who. I must say the previews didnt show is half teh cast, or even a 1/4 i reckon. Great!

The use of infinity war was a perfect backdrop, symbolism of an apocolypse/end of time. the zombie infection, a subtle nod to the covid-19 in some ways

best part, Hope says "Im covered in sharon".

and the ending!!! oh please can we find out what happens next?!?!?!?!?!

Wingardium Leviosa!

hahahahahhaahahahahahahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back