Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes they would need to as they have lost their previous newbridge players who have already signed the papers at another club

If that is the case, curls would have to have signed weeks ago, as he has been in the states for a fair while.But if true they would be a big loss to the dogs in 09,all great club men and very handy players as well.As i said i am not convinced your not telling pork pies kookas.Although Huntly are offering huge money if you believe the talk,(i wonder what the locals think about that) but i suppose you would need big money to get players to a club that's had little success. It is silly season thou as we all know.

If that is the case, curls would have to have signed weeks ago, as he has been in the states for a fair while.But if true they would be a big loss to the dogs in 09,all great club men and very handy players as well.As i said i am not convinced your not telling pork pies kookas.Although Huntly are offering huge money if you believe the talk,(i wonder what the locals think about that) but i suppose you would need big money to get players to a club that's had little success. It is silly season thou as we all know.

was informed by a high source at huntly, hughes practically signed before the season had ended (made intentions), locals wont care as he is an ex huntly player anyway, and the other two knock around with each other and was told they are done and dusted

was informed by a high source at huntly, hughes practically signed before the season had ended (made intentions), locals wont care as he is an ex huntly player anyway, and the other two knock around with each other and was told they are done and dusted

The word practically rarely amounts to definite when it comes to recruiting.

I believe your one of the 3 Speedy along with pix and wisey, and Ive heard that a few more may follow you!
How about i give everyone a run down on who you all are so clubs can chase you hahaha
Aiden Lee-20 y.o. Capt & B&F winner in 2005 u17s, A/coach in both 06/07 u17s premiership wins, Coach 08 in the u17 premiership win. Won the club B&F as a center men yet played seniors as a back men, strong overhead mark and is very very fast, is usually the fittest player at navarre!
Jacob Piccoli-Almost 18 y.o. 2005 league leading goal kicker, very strong overhead mark with an accurate kick at goal. Played in and out of the seniors this season (Navarre website shows this) but when in was hardly ever playing as a forward. Plays better with his mates around him!
Daniel Wiseman-20 y.o. Played all his juniors along side speedy, been playing in and out of the senior side for the past 3 years. Made his mark as a back men in reserves but plays well when in the forward line in seniors. Has a never give in attitude and is also very fast. Once given opportunities, will be a very good senior footballer!

If anyone wants phone numbers then just ask speedy (Asafa Aint Fast 5), he'll have them all lol

How does that all sound speedz, i didn't talk you guys up too much did i hahaha

Ha where the hell did u get that much info bout us 3? its like ur stalking us or sumthin lol
Yeah most of thats pretty much true but the thing is tho that none of us r 100% sure if we're gunna move over 2 bendi or not yet, if we do tho then yes we would all b looking for a new team 2 play at cos the traveling would be 2 far each week if we stayed at navarre!

Any teams looking 4 players or coaches r there? haha :D

Well done to Brook on winning all 3 by the way. Not much has been said about them but it is a tremendous effort!

As for recruiting.... been away on holidays so I know nothing!

Talbot's vote count/pres night is this Sat and I think they may be announcing the new coach but I'm a bit out of the loop.

Ha where the hell did u get that much info bout us 3? its like ur stalking us or sumthin lol
Yeah most of thats pretty much true but the thing is tho that none of us r 100% sure if we're gunna move over 2 bendi or not yet, if we do tho then yes we would all b looking for a new team 2 play at cos the traveling would be 2 far each week if we stayed at navarre!

Any teams looking 4 players or coaches r there? haha :D

Not sure about what has been written here, just a joke i think as I think not one of these young blokes could make it in the seniors in any of the top 5 teams at least from what I've seen. Lee played mostly reserves, Picolli in and out and Wiseman the same. Boys are all good blokes I believe, but not full time senior players!!

Lakey made it known on the footy trip that he and Grant were definitely staying at Avoca.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunolly has signed James McNamee as coach for 2009. He is currently meeting with possible co and assistant coaches and more will be added to the coaching lineup for 2009 over the next 2 weeks. There are a few signatures on paper already and we are hoping that Dunolly can build on last season's improvements.

Along with a new coachin panel the club will hopefully be unveiling a new strip in 2009 which will be a positive move.

Dunolly has signed James McNamee as coach for 2009. He is currently meeting with possible co and assistant coaches and more will be added to the coaching lineup for 2009 over the next 2 weeks. There are a few signatures on paper already and we are hoping that Dunolly can build on last season's improvements.

Along with a new coachin panel the club will hopefully be unveiling a new strip in 2009 which will be a positive move.

Will be interesting to see if all the hard work off the field Dunolly have put in can get them up and amongst it next season. They have definately come along way in the last two years, and full credit must be given to the staff out there.

Didnt Dunolly only get a new strip 3 years ago?

Will be interesting to see if all the hard work off the field Dunolly have put in can get them up and amongst it next season. They have definately come along way in the last two years, and full credit must be given to the staff out there.

Didnt Dunolly only get a new strip 3 years ago?

We won't be making in big claims as to whether we will be up amongst it. With good recruiting, improving training attendances and a hard work ethic we will give it our best shot. Recruits will not solve Dunolly's problems. The current team roster needs to raise the bar on what they did in 08.

The current strip is actually the original Dunolly strip. They changed to design similar to Harcourt's in their time in the LFL and then went back to it in 2004 when they re entered the MCDFL. An application has been lodged to Rob Ward so that we can run out in a different strip next year.

The big question will be whether we get rid of the red socks...

We won't be making in big claims as to whether we will be up amongst it. With good recruiting, improving training attendances and a hard work ethic we will give it our best shot. Recruits will not solve Dunolly's problems. The current team roster needs to raise the bar on what they did in 08.

The current strip is actually the original Dunolly strip. They changed to design similar to Harcourt's in their time in the LFL and then went back to it in 2004 when they re entered the MCDFL. An application has been lodged to Rob Ward so that we can run out in a different strip next year.

The big question will be whether we get rid of the red socks...

Please get rid of the red socks!!!! :D

Brave move by McNamee. Will cop a big of stick for his decision to leave Rokewood so soon. Good luck to him and Dunolly. Will be a big task to get them up and competitive for next year.

Please get rid of the red socks!!!! :D

Brave move by McNamee. Will cop a big of stick for his decision to leave Rokewood so soon. Good luck to him and Dunolly. Will be a big task to get them up and competitive for next year.

We'll see on the Red Socks. Possibly the worst sock and jumper pairing in history.

I think the LPFL thread will tick over at a rate of 1 or 2 posts a month now he is gone. Talking footy is a foreign concept in that thread.

We'll see on the Red Socks. Possibly the worst sock and jumper pairing in history.

I think the LPFL thread will tick over at a rate of 1 or 2 posts a month now he is gone. Talking footy is a foreign concept in that thread.

Johnny, I just read over the posts today on LPFL and you are right, they do a lot a JMac bashing and really it is undeserved. Those people just don't know him and sit back behind there "Gelato" usernames. Good luck to him and Dunolly, it will be good to see how it all goes. Now its time for Bushy to do the same!

Johnny, I just read over the posts today on LPFL and you are right, they do a lot a JMac bashing and really it is undeserved. Those people just don't know him and sit back behind there "Gelato" usernames. Good luck to him and Dunolly, it will be good to see how it all goes. Now its time for Bushy to do the same!

Has Bushy got anyone on the horizon Johnny??? Any Maryborough boys coming??

I dont know why you bother to reply to all the JMac talk. His results at Dunolly will do the talking. I'm not sure the football public will be as patient as Dunolly if results aren't forthcoming quickly though. Realistically Dunolly would need to pick up at least 6 very good players to be a realistic chance of finishing top 5. They are still a long way off.

Not sure about what has been written here, just a joke i think as I think not one of these young blokes could make it in the seniors in any of the top 5 teams at least from what I've seen. Lee played mostly reserves, Picolli in and out and Wiseman the same. Boys are all good blokes I believe, but not full time senior players!!

Yeah pix and i both played bout half seniors n half ressies this yr, dont ask me y this blokes talked us up so much tho n how he no's so much bout us. Wiseman played bout 4 games in the seniors im pretty sure! If we're all given an opportunity in our own positions then it mite b a different story, im not bagging any1 out here but playing a forward on a back flank or a midfielder at full back isnt really a confidence boosting move! I could go further wid this but id end up getting myself in2 trouble!
Im jus saying that if all 3 of us were given a real opportunity 2 shine like others around us then we could all make decent senior footballers and if we do happen 2 move 2 bendi then its a matter of who will giv us that opportunity, more then who is the better team 2 go 2!
Get wat i mean?

Don't underestimate the benefits of a fresh start, as Speedy just said that if all those guys were given an opportunity 2 prove themselves then im 110% sure that they would take it with open arms!
As I've said once before, Lee is a Centerman not a Backman/Full Back, Piccoli is a Forward not a Wingman/Half Back and Wiseman just needs an opportunity to get his confidence going!
I wouldn't base any of these players on their 2008 seasons after the s**t that was apparently going on out Navarre way!

Has Bushy got anyone on the horizon Johnny??? Any Maryborough boys coming??

I dont know why you bother to reply to all the JMac talk. His results at Dunolly will do the talking. I'm not sure the football public will be as patient as Dunolly if results aren't forthcoming quickly though. Realistically Dunolly would need to pick up at least 6 very good players to be a realistic chance of finishing top 5. They are still a long way off.

Dunolly has got every right to be patient and there's no pressure to make the 5 in 2009. 16 players are under 21 years of age in their starting line up this year and have plenty of improvement ahead of them. This is a team that can be built up over a period of 2-3 years from now to make a serious tilt. We're in no hurry. As long as there is progress each year, we'll be happy.

Honestly, who cares what the footballing public think? If there's a team at Dunolly in 3 or 4 years time playing finals on a consistant basis then that is all that matters when for the past 6 years existence was the main priority. There's no feeling quite like it in a preseason when you're adding up all your players to see if you can field 3 teams. You wouldn't have had to deal with that out at Talbot.

Sounds like a few changes afoot out Dunolly way. Very early mail but I reckon from 1000-1 into 250-1 at this stage to make the top 5 next season. Interested to hear of these signings Johnny Drama is spruiking. Could bring them in even further.....but early days. Carisbrook 3-1.

Sounds like a few changes afoot out Dunolly way. Very early mail but I reckon from 1000-1 into 250-1 at this stage to make the top 5 next season. Interested to hear of these signings Johnny Drama is spruiking. Could bring them in even further.....but early days. Carisbrook 3-1.

250-1 for the top five would get a lot of action even for Creek. No bookie worth his salt would risk those odds on any team in a district level competition making the 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back