Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Wayne Burchell is on his way to Kalgoorlie to work, what sort of player is he? Were hoping he likes it here so he can play for the Panthers next season.

In Pilgs defence he did spend a lot of time up the ground. Will be interesting to see how he goes if Avoca keep him at Full Forward all day next year.
Whats the latest on players leaving clubs? Maldon have lost a couple, Avoca a few, are Carisbrook missing any?

By all reports the Burchells are leaving Maldon, so not too sure where that would leave them as that may have a factor in whether Brown and Bell stay on.

Harcourt have a few older guys that would have to be tossing up whether to go around again, also Castlemaine may have a couple of them in their sights

Also hear Newstead have all but signed a couple of their ex players that were at Castlemaine the past season (Ramsay, Bright, Buntsma), and have a couple more in the pipeline, but may have trouble keeping youngsters Reece and Culvenor due to higher grades (Rebels)

I also assume Creek will be a rabble once again - not too sure if they are going to keep Noble as he may be away on work commitments, and being the only decent player will make a big difference

Maybe someone can shed some light on the other teams from Maryborough?

i believe sammy noble is in adelaide with work, so whether he returns is another story. good player, not so good with his anger management!!

In Pilgs defence he did spend a lot of time up the ground. Will be interesting to see how he goes if Avoca keep him at Full Forward all day next year.
Whats the latest on players leaving clubs? Maldon have lost a couple, Avoca a few, are Carisbrook missing any?

Have heard that burger smith,dan smith,blake,bell,stone and mclean are leaving harcourt next year but you never know with them, maldon in the same boat with a few being looked at by the new strath side in the bfl and a few leaving for work interstate, who would be on the move from avoca or brook?

i reckon maldon will struggle next year as burchalls , lea and crappers have left. Also heard that their coach isnt going to continue on, so they may need to find a new coach aswell

Just heard from the horse's mouth that Lakey is hanging up the boots.

Just heard from the horse's mouth that Lakey is hanging up the boots.

Fairly sure thee old darkhorse posted this acouple of weeks ago but you were sure he was off to Huntly. Who knows if he stay's a contracted Avoca footballer his juices may start to flow before the end of the year and pull the boots on. He is the reigning BnF can only hope.

Any truth in the talk that Talbot are chasing Brendon Dix as a senior coach for next year King?

I honestly have no idea what Talbot are doing in regards to next year. I've heard a lot of names been tossed up but haven't heard. I think we are close to appointing someone though. Sorry I dont have more info but I am not involved in recruiting this year.

Not sure about what has been written here, just a joke i think as I think not one of these young blokes could make it in the seniors in any of the top 5 teams at least from what I've seen. Lee played mostly reserves, Picolli in and out and Wiseman the same. Boys are all good blokes I believe, but not full time senior players!!
I can't really comment on exactly what went on at Navarre this year, as i changed clubs early in the year, but whispers coming out are that selections went a little more down political lines than they had before. It is true that Aiden & Piccoli played about a half/half split between reserves and seniors, and that Wisey played mostly in the twos, but from what i hear, Aiden was played largely out of position, and I saw a number of players I personally rate below Piccoli regularly picked in the ones. Read into it what you will-but I believe Lee would be a very handy addition to any senior side, as would Piccoli, if not immediately, then in a year or two as he matures, and Wisey would be a very handy two's player/fringe senior footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey all, just a quick query concerning the fella Stone from Harcourt.
How does he go, where does he play (forward/back etc)?

Have heard a few clubs are chasing his services for '09?

No doubt a good player in his day but the way he moved last time he played would suggest he will struggle this year.

not bad for a bloke who said at the start of this year he would struggle, good luck to him, he's a top bloke, but that back of his isn't that crash hot. hasn't played A Grade cricket cos of it either for a few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back