Marysville Vets

Remove this Banner Ad

gelder01

Team Captain
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Went and watched my mate play for Narre Warren Vets yesterday at Narre against Marysville Vets.
Marysville to put it politely were undermanned and overaged!!! Majority were older than me (50+)
Narre rotated players into the Marysville team each quarter(like back in the juniors) and a game of footy was played.

After the game having a couple of Ales with the Marysville blokes i couldn't believe their dedication. Only one local from Marysville, others from far and wide.
Their motives, to have a kick, enjoy the social side and put something into the Marysville community 4 times a year by playing in Marysville.
Almost had me signed up to play, especially with "nah, we don't train"

Anyway, if any of you old boys out there are looking to have a kick, you can do worse than having a run at Marysville, great bunch of blokes and love a drink or two!

Good luck Villians!

Went and watched my mate play for Narre Warren Vets yesterday at Narre against Marysville Vets.
Marysville to put it politely were undermanned and overaged!!! Majority were older than me (50+)
Narre rotated players into the Marysville team each quarter(like back in the juniors) and a game of footy was played.

After the game having a couple of Ales with the Marysville blokes i couldn't believe their dedication. Only one local from Marysville, others from far and wide.
Their motives, to have a kick, enjoy the social side and put something into the Marysville community 4 times a year by playing in Marysville.
Almost had me signed up to play, especially with "nah, we don't train"

Anyway, if any of you old boys out there are looking to have a kick, you can do worse than having a run at Marysville, great bunch of blokes and love a drink or two!

Good luck Villians!

Did Biscuit play for Marysville?
Last year there was a couple of guys that played a full game in the 2s AND 1s at Thornton-Eildon on a Saturday then backed up to play Vets for Marysville on a Sunday!

Did Biscuit play for Marysville?
Last year there was a couple of guys that played a full game in the 2s AND 1s at Thornton-Eildon on a Saturday then backed up to play Vets for Marysville on a Sunday!
I was talking to a bloke who said that he played 2's and 1's last year for Thornton Eildon, black wavyhair, late 40's, 50ish?

During cricket season we had a match at Marysville and the vets popped in for "pre-season training". About 4 kicks each then the eskies came out for an afternoon of sledging their mates on the cricket ground!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back