Goldenblue

Norm Smith Medallist
Ex-Moderator
Aug 2, 2001
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Heard from a little birdie at Swan Districts that the following people have applied for the coaching position.

1. Todd Menegola
2. Shane Cable
3. Dean Turner
4. Ashley Prescott
5. Phil Cronan
6. John Dimmer

I don't understand why Cronan applied, but was told one of the execs who is a friend of Cronans asked him to reapply.

My choice out of the lot of them would be John Dimmer. If we end up with Menegola, I would still be happy but I really can't agree on the rest of the candidates.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by GoEagles
I hope John Dimmer stays with West Perth.

Cable used to coach Peel Thunder didn't he?

What role has Dimmer had at the club since Harris has been coach at West Perth?

I think Cable was coach of Peel. I think he replaced Geoff Miles.

Originally posted by Goldenblue

What role has Dimmer had at the club since Harris has been coach at West Perth?

Director of Coaching, overseeing the Colts, Reserves and League squads. I'm not too sure if he would go full time as League coach in the near future as he also works with Christ Chuch for the Alcot Cup.

I was of the opinion that Todd Menegola was the person who was in line for it.

Gerard Neesham was asked in passing if was interested, but he is fully committed to the Aboriginal Education project. A bit of a pity as he has a high opinion of the Swans club and is / was a damn good WAFL coach.

John Dimmer is top class, but probably unobtainable. Dean Turner is a fine product of Capel but has little coaching credentials.

It appears that the club will survive and the only way up is by squeezing every ounce of talent out of players in the zone, as we can't buy players like about 6 of the 9 clubs have been doing.

I'm ready for the long ride, shades of 77 / 78 ?.

Originally posted by masai
Whilst we're talking about the Swannies, a player from that club has added another AFL premiership medal. Beau McDonald has done something his "infamous" uncles failed to do.

A little brightness in a cold year for Swans.

Maybe next year may be the beginning of a new era.
Todd is a great coach, but we need someone with new ideas.

I'd be happy with about 6 wins next year. The Colts under Shaun Spencer seem to be grouping well together.

I was of the opinion that Todd Menegola was the person who was in line for it.

Gerard Neesham was asked in passing if was interested, but he is fully committed to the Aboriginal Education project. A bit of a pity as he has a high opinion of the Swans club and is / was a damn good WAFL coach.

John Dimmer is top class, but probably unobtainable. Dean Turner is a fine product of Capel but has little coaching credentials.

It appears that the club will survive and the only way up is by squeezing every ounce of talent out of players in the zone, as we can't buy players like about 6 of the 9 clubs have been doing.

I'm ready for the long ride, shades of 77 / 78 ?.

Menegola seems to be the favourite at the moment.

I thought Neesham had turned his back on the club in 1985, but would be a welcomed addition if he wished to come back.

77-78..dark days before the light.
1980 was a disappointing year too.....grand final, only to be belted.

In relation to Neesham and Swan Districts, yes he was a bit peeved off in 1985.

I remember Swans traded to the Gummies for Kevin Taylor, as the powers who be thought that Neesham was passed it and Kevin Taylor was a "star". Neesham went on to transform Claremont into a juggernaut and Taylor lasted one season at Swans.

Keith Slater really spat the dummy when he heard of the trade, as on ABC radio he reckoned that Neesham had more footy nous in his little toe than Taylor would ever have. The legend was proved totally correct.

I spoke to Gerard about 2 years ago and he said that he felt that Swans was a great club and any bitterness against the club (more the powers who be) had faded.

In relation to Neesham and Swan Districts, yes he was a bit peeved off in 1985.

I remember Swans traded to the Gummies for Kevin Taylor, as the powers who be thought that Neesham was passed it and Kevin Taylor was a "star". Neesham went on to transform Claremont into a juggernaut and Taylor lasted one season at Swans.

Keith Slater really spat the dummy when he heard of the trade, as on ABC radio he reckoned that Neesham had more footy nous in his little toe than Taylor would ever have. The legend was proved totally correct.

I spoke to Gerard about 2 years ago and he said that he felt that Swans was a great club and any bitterness against the club (more the powers who be) had faded.

I think he was more peeved off at Todd than the actual club.

Taylor was not the player he once was when he came to Swans. Though I thought he did rove well to Garry Sidebottom at the time.

I hope Neesham does give the Swans a look in at some time in the future. He would be a welcomed addition to the club and I think the players need a coach they would respect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back