MRP / Trib. Mason Cox - Appeal upheld

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we cite precedence? Take previous cases where there were no suspension?

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No. Been a long time convention of the tribunal not to consider precedents - esp in the form of past comparable events.

And when you think about it, it is good practice. Citing past matters would turn the whole thing into a massive daisy-chain of lawyers and mutual hand jobs at exorbitant hourly rates.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sad to hear Grimes has developed concussion symptoms from the jarring he sustained while elbowing Jamie Elliott. The MRO will have to decide whether Elliott’s neck could reasonably have avoided contact instead of initiating it, and whether it was flexing towards or away from Grimes elbow at the time.

In other news, I’m sure I’ve read of soccer players developing concussion symptoms from heading the ball...

LMFAO. Christian thinks there was intent based on a different angle. What he isn't looking at is that Mason is going into the centre square because the ball is coming into the area. Consequently, he is intending to guard the space or take a better position. He jogs into the square and then Grimes runs into him. Again, the intent is to guard the space so as to potentially mark the ball.

Last edited:
"Mason Cox's decision to step towards the Tigers defender".

Can't admit I ever thought I'd see the day that taking a step towards someone was cited as one of the reasons to charge a player...

It's going to be easy to argue that Cox was in fact running toward the goalsquare as the kicker was heading in that direction. Cox was looking at the kicker, began running, looked to see Grimes there and braced for contact. No question he was high but def. unintentional and low impact. That Grimes bounced off was his own fault for not watching Cox.

The way Christian talks makes it seem like he's not going to get off which is a joke because the entire football world apart from Christian think it's nothing. The player who cannoned into Stringer's back while play was stopped should be suspended as Stringer had no idea it was coming and was with a lot more force so if that is just a fine, how is Cox's a suspension?

Christian needs to stand down, the tribunal is already a farce 2 weeks in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous clickbait headline, ridiculous decision. The goal post footage is superior because it shows where Cox is looking: at the ball, until the last moment where he braces for impact. The other footage was too far out to reveal any intention.

Yeah he was just swinging around getting ready to lead like he always does and Grimes was getting ready to defend him and they bumped into each other and the smaller man came off second best. They wouldn't call that a foul in basketball.

It confirms that he took three steps towards Grimes, it also confirms that at least the first two of those, he wasn’t looking at Grimes and probably wasn’t aware he was there.

The way Christian talks makes it seem like he's not going to get off which is a joke because the entire football world apart from Christian think it's nothing. The player who cannoned into Stringer's back while play was stopped should be suspended as Stringer had no idea it was coming and was with a lot more force so if that is just a fine, how is Cox's a suspension?

Christian needs to stand down, the tribunal is already a farce 2 weeks in.

AFL has already made Footy as a Joke

It confirms that he took three steps towards Grimes, it also confirms that at least the first two of those, he wasn’t looking at Grimes and probably wasn’t aware he was there.
Totally agree, but I'm replying to say I love the "Floriat Pica, Bitch!" under your name. I've used it on a few memes here the last few seasons. Perhaps it's even worthy of it's own acronym? FPB!

If you look at it frame by frame, he lands on his left leg, turns his head from the path of the ball, sees Grimes, steps forwards with his right leg and squares up, then bumps.

So he takes one step with his right leg towards Grimes before bumping.

How much time did he have to change direction? Well, has anybody seen “Sully”? With prior knowledge of what was going to happen, MAYBE he could have avoided contact as soon as he saw Grimes. Given the actual time it takes to focus, recognise Grimes, realise they were on a collision course, and devise an alternative course... the only thing he had time to do was brace for impact.

Totally agree, but I'm replying to say I love the "Floriat Pica, Bitch!" under your name. I've used it on a few memes here the last few seasons. Perhaps it's even worthy of it's own acronym? FPB!
Yeah, I’m sure I saw a meme of some lady getting swooped by a magpie, with the text Floreat Pica, Bitch! and I thought it was the greatest thing ever.

I got a sneaky feeling Cox won't get off.

And everyone has already got it off their chest how s**t it is, they won't be bothered going to round 2 when he doesn't get off. We will just have to cop it, in our most important early game. A loss to the Eagles wouldn't be a bad thing though, it would put us under the radar again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back