acker

Norm Smith Medallist
May 5, 2005
Riverina
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Sliding Doors - like Brian Lake moving to Hawthorn and winning 3 Premierships for the HAWKS in 2013,2014 and 2015

Could Mason Cox moving to Footscray/WesternBulldogs in 2022 do similar

Easton Wood has retired - Dogs have salary cap space - Mason Cox 211cm is uncontracted with Contracted - Dogs need tap ruck-forward we've got great MIDS we need RUCKS

I actually hope we get him, we need another ruck forward

Sliding Doors - like Brian Lake moving to Hawthorn and winning 3 Premierships for the HAWKS in 2013,2014 and 2015

Could Mason Cox moving to Footscray/WesternBulldogs in 2022 do similar

Easton Wood has retired - Dogs have salary cap space - Mason Cox 211cm is uncontracted with Contracted - Dogs need tap ruck-forward we've got great MIDS we need RUCKS

You need to be banned from starting threads. Both this and the Easton Wood coach threads could easily have gone in the existing list management & player threads respectively.

Let them be laughed at over a simple post, rather than a whole thread, as they are both shocking takes

You need to be banned from starting threads. Both this and the Easton Wood coach threads could easily have gone in the existing list management & player threads respectively.

Let them be laughed at over a simple post, rather than a whole thread, as they are both shocking takes
I think some folks just like the glory of starting a thread.

Okay, I’ll state the obvious.

Brian Lake was an All-Australian defender and at his top, arguably the best full back in an era with plenty of good ones. Hawks had one hole and they filled it. Simple (still think we could’ve got more for him).

On the other hand, Mason Cox is probably the worst player to play 50+ games of AFL, a marketing gimmick that went on a shade too long. He does not make us better.

As much as I would love to see an American on the Bulldogs list, I don't think this is a very good idea. I've followed Mason's career closely and always wanted him to do well and I believe he did quite well considering where he came from. I just don't see him overcoming the lack of experience and going much further. That being said I wouldn't mind him proving me wrong and if he does prove me wrong I'd love it if he did so with the Bulldogs

Brian Lake was one of the best key position defenders in the game when he left the Bulldogs.

I don’t think you can say the same about Mason and the ruck/forward position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back