Recommitted Mason Cox [triggers contract extension for 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

It means that Adelaide won't be getting Sharenburg for Jenkins no matter how you dress it up in multi trades.

Jenkins has said he will take a pay cut so Adelaide won’t need to pay his salary at all ( just for any future attempts at trolling)

Cox to Essendon
Jenkins to Collingwood
Scharanberg to Adelaide
Why would we give up Scharenberg to Adelaide when we could get Jenkins for a nothing pick?

Has anyone considered that Essendon might see Cox as a ruckman rather than a forward? The one time in his career he filled in for Grundy as number 1 for 2 games in 2017 he basically broke even with Ryder (AA year) against Port and got 40+ hitouts and 2 goals against Geelong.

Would be the ruckman at Essendon. 211cm with a very good leap. Not great body on body. Potentially as good as Witts if given the oppotunity. Would prefer to keep him but I could see the club using a trade like this to free up some cap space (probably 400K) and maybe pick up Jenkins with Adelaide paying most of his wage. We might need the cap space for our soon to be out of contract talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox is worth a 2nd round pick. He's a tree that can mark above his head and good leap. He is also very accurate in front of goal upto the 45' Arch. Any further than the 45 angle is where he has trouble. He's the guy you want to kick on his head and will mark most of the time.

He however cant snap on goal, is not good at ground level and is poor tackling. Have not really notice his disposal or ruckwork but the latter should be ok for his height.

Cox is worth a 2nd round pick. He's a tree that can mark above his head and good leap. He is also very accurate in front of goal upto the 45' Arch. Any further than the 45 angle is where he has trouble. He's the guy you want to kick on his head and will mark most of the time.

He however cant snap on goal, is not good at ground level and is poor tackling. Have not really notice his disposal or ruckwork but the latter should be ok for his height.
Would you give pick 32 for him?

Bloody hope so

Cox is decent when he has good delivery.

I would have thought he would almost be your number 1 ruckman as well as being a great forward option.

I would happily keep him at the Pies and you can stick with Zac Clarke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloke only plays well in preliminary finals so he won't be much use at Essendon
Can actually get a kick against Richmond in finals, which is more than can be said for Eric Hipwood.

His manager has come out and rubbished the reports, and now Mark "Stevo" Stevens has said it won't be happening. Let Collingwood keep him and his inflated contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back