Recommitted Mason Cox [triggers contract extension for 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a date.

Perfect in the interim from our board.

To quote McClure: "I'm not really sure why Essendon are denying it. But this is the same club that rang me after I broke the Daniher story and told me to take it down because I'd be embarrassed by it. Two months later, he requested a trade."

Should be a fun date!

Pretty much anyone is up for trade if the price is right.

Clubs sit down, run through who might be available, other club says not interested, or lets discuss player x further and move on.

Damn. A 29yo giant who can't mark, can't kick past 40 metres, gets bumped off the ball easy, plays one good game in every 10, I was getting my hopes up that this trade rumour was true!

just heard, Collingwood offered Grundy 5 year Deal, Grundy still said NO, i bet this is why Collingwood wanna hang onto Cox

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just heard, Collingwood offered Grundy 5 year Deal, Grundy still said NO, i bet this is why Collingwood wanna hang onto Cox
No they didn’t. That was McLure pontificating. The offer is still currently 3 years.

So we have have Dodoro denying the trade and Cox him self saying it's fake news but yet Sam McClure stills claims we are after him? Just admit that you were wrong Sam.
Just like he was wrong when Tom Harley and Joe Daniher denied their meeting was anything more than a friendly catch up?

I think it's the Pies who offerd Cox rather than us asking. Pies have cap issues.

If we give up 33 for Cox i'll be fuming.
Since when has a club ever approached a rival with an offer of a player? Essendon fed that garbage to Stevo because they don’t want to weaken their bargaining position with Sydney by admitting they’re planning for life post-Daniher, and you’ve gobbled it up like a chump. The $600k per year claim is patently wrong too.

Since when has a club ever approached a rival with an offer of a player? Essendon fed that garbage to Stevo because they don’t want to weaken their bargaining position with Sydney by admitting they’re planning for life post-Daniher, and you’ve gobbled it up like a chump. The $600k per year claim is patently wrong too.

Pies facing a cap squeeze and see an opportunity to offload him they know Essendon are on the hunt for a ruck/fwd and would have called Dodoro to see if he's interested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back