Recommitted Mason Cox [triggers contract extension for 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

So if Grundy leaves and you put Cox in the ruck, then who's your tall key forward?

Cox might also not be there given the talks with Essendon..
Our leading goal kicker for the year, Mihocek. He gets games ahead of Cox in our forward line regardless.

If Cox is off to Essendon, that’s apparently $500,000 off our books, so there’d be no need for Grundy to go. Even then, there isn’t really a shortage of ruckmen around the competition who are looking for new homes.

At the end of the day, the last 10 premiers have either had an average ruckman, or a ruckman brought in from another side that didn’t cost an arm and a leg. I think you place too high a value on ruckmen.

If you look at premiers in the last 20 years, it’s names like Stuey Dew, Nick Davis, Dusty Martin, Cyril Rioli, Ryan O’Keefe, Stevie Johnson who’ve all been that game breaking HHF that has either gotten his side into the GF, or won his side the premiership by taking a game by the scruff of the neck.

Like I said, give me Jordan De Goey every day of the week.

Our leading goal kicker for the year, Mihocek. He gets games ahead of Cox in our forward line regardless.

If Cox is off to Essendon, that’s apparently $500,000 off our books, so there’d be no need for Grundy to go. Even then, there isn’t really a shortage of ruckmen around the competition who are looking for new homes.

At the end of the day, the last 10 premiers have either had an average ruckman, or a ruckman brought in from another side that didn’t cost an arm and a leg. I think you place too high a value on ruckmen.

If you look at premiers in the last 20 years, it’s names like Stuey Dew, Nick Davis, Dusty Martin, Cyril Rioli, Ryan O’Keefe, Stevie Johnson who’ve all been that game breaking HHF that has either gotten his side into the GF, or won his side the premiership by taking a game by the scruff of the neck.

If Cox is getting $500,000 a year collingwood needs to sack who ever signed him to that contract , I would hate to think what players like
Treloar , Adams , Maynard , Thomas , Mihocek are getting

If Cox is getting $500,000 a year collingwood needs to sack who ever signed him to that contract , I would hate to think what players like
He’s not on $500k per year. Worst case scenario is that he’s on that coin for 2020 because of a back ended contract, but that’s speculation too. The extra year in his trigger clause will have him back to a more reasonable $350-$400k.

He’s not on $500k per year. Worst case scenario is that he’s on that coin for 2020 because of a back ended contract, but that’s speculation too. The extra year in his trigger clause will have him back to a more reasonable $350-$400k.
Even that is too much for a bloke who has played just 58 games and probably just 5-10 decent games

Even that is too much for a bloke who has played just 58 games and probably just 5-10 decent games
Agreed, but that’s what you get when you have Derek Hine negotiating contracts instead of spotting junior talent. Luckily for us he’s back doing what he does best now and leaving the negotiations to Ned Guy.

I’ve got no idea what he’s on. Just going by good ol’ BF.

Agree he was unstoppable & had an unbelievable game just like Naughton did this year against Richmond. However I think everyone is lookong at every other game he plays when he usually finishes with 3 to 4 disposals besides the odd one or two games a year when he pops up and kicks 2 or 3 & looks like a real threat.
Your defence is an interesting one, because your talls zone off so much, they give the forwards a free run and jump at it, which makes you susceptible to forwards who can hit the ball really high. Next time we play you, I'd go with both Cox and Moore up forward.

Cox doesn't deserve a massive payday to be honest, and giving a former Cat B rookie a three year deal worth $500k/year after only 20-odd senior games is just another example of our ludicrous list management in Hine's last couple of years in the role.

I think Cox would suit a team that needs a ruck pretty well. If he was the number one ruck at a team he'd go alright in my view.

Cox doesn't deserve a massive payday to be honest, and giving a former Cat B rookie a three year deal worth $500k/year after only 20-odd senior games is just another example of our ludicrous list management in Hine's last couple of years in the role.

I think Cox would suit a team that needs a ruck pretty well. If he was the number one ruck at a team he'd go alright in my view.

I would not be sad IF Cox leaves at Seasons End

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My assumption would be pies let him go and play Darcy Cameron instead

Cox is 30 next year and seems like one they wouldn’t prioritise

De Goey 24/7 365 over Cox. you can put Akermanis, Paul Chapman go back a little bit further and Darren Jarman was doing the same thing in a different way. McLeod 7 goals in a prelim playing Forward/Mid with a tag. these are the guys that win you big games not Mason Cox type players.

Very limited player
If he doesn’t mark at highest point he becomes useless

Been saying for years he is Useless. Only get a Game because he is too Tall.

Only had 1 good game and that was the 2018 PF where he had game of his Life

Remove this Banner Ad

Back