freddy mercury

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2009
North Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Disagree on the no good if he doesnt mark it comment. He brings the ball to ground because it is rare for him to be out marked. He is also quite good at tapping or palming down a kicked ball to advantage. We have probably kicked about half a dosen goals this year from him doing this and its no accident.
Disagree also on the 'adds nothing in the ruck comment'. He beats most second rucks comfortably. If fact I would say he is dominant over secondary ruckmen its just that Grundy takes 90% of the ruck minutes. So it doesnt show up as high numbers.
Rare?l he gets held under the ball on many occasions, then a slight nudge , outmarked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

zepender

Debutant
May 22, 2019
Ladder Purgatory
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Reckon he is (as many have said) a role player - playing what he's asked to do. I did see somewhere (and can't remember where - apologies) someone stating that he's actually shown up blokes like Sandy. For years they've been the tallest guy on the ground, and yet hasn't ever been able to dominate above the pack like Cox does. I think that's a good perspective on things too.

Pricey97

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Reckon he is (as many have said) a role player - playing what he's asked to do. I did see somewhere (and can't remember where - apologies) someone stating that he's actually shown up blokes like Sandy. For years they've been the tallest guy on the ground, and yet hasn't ever been able to dominate above the pack like Cox does. I think that's a good perspective on things too.
I think Peter Street is enough evidence to suggest Cox has more than just height.

Both are 211cm tall, compare the contested marking abilities.

Jarrod Witts is another, great footballer but right now doesn’t come near Cox as a contested marker.

Top Bottom