Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Exhibit A your honor.

This is Collingwood so we must have done it wrong
We paid overs for Mayne, We paid too much for Wells, we got gang raped for Treloar. The only thing I can see is a trend of paying too high for players when other clubs seem to get them for free in comparison to us. Watch Geelong get Stringer for a packet of crisps. If he nominated us we would be paying the blood price for him.

Of course I am speculating. But the fact is we pay too much for recruits/to retain players, particularly in recent times.

Sorry mate, just curious...

Why are you still on this board? Still a Collingwood fan after your Buckley tantrum?

Oh yes let's go back and judge players on stats. Look at Schache's first year, we know he had a tough time with off field stuff this year. I get that most here think Cox will be the next Paul Salmon but he won't

There you are then, here's their respective careers. Still nothing in it, Posibly even worse for Schache as Cox had a better goal kicking year the previous 1. And that's without considering Schache was a no.2 draft pick and played the game his entire life and Cox is only new to it.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=20&type=A&pid1=4040&pid2=4164&fid1=C&fid2=C

Again, you're the only 1 I've seen mention Salmon comparisons. You seriously need to just let it go.

There you are then, here's their respective careers. Still nothing in it, Posibly even worse for Schache as Cox had a better goal kicking year the previous 1. And that's without considering Schache was a no.2 draft pick and played the game his entire life and Cox is only new to it.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=20&type=A&pid1=4040&pid2=4164&fid1=C&fid2=C

Again, you're the only 1 I've seen mention Salmon comparisons. You seriously need to just let it go.
Schache was 18 taking the number one back every week. When Cox actually draws a decent defender let me know

Schache was 18 taking the number one back every week. When Cox actually draws a decent defender let me know

Really? That must be why Hipwood had such a good year. Or why Close did nearly as well in 2017. Or why other players like Hammelman were trialled forward.

Happy for you to show me the game day match-ups which highlight Cox not getting the no1 defender or at least getting less time put on him relative to Schache. Otherwise we'll just have to think you're now resorting to desperately making shoit up to try and sustain an argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yes let's go back and judge players on stats. Look at Schache's first year, we know he had a tough time with off field stuff this year. I get that most here think Cox will be the next Paul Salmon but he won't

In all fairness to Cox, he's doing pretty well for a guy who only touched a football for the first time 3 years ago having not grown up playing our game.

Compared to a kid who grew up in THE football state and taken at pick 2.

I'm aware Cox won't be a superstar, but he does appear to be on the verge of becoming a more than handy player for us without costing what Schache would cost. Let's not forget, Schache will cost us a lot. For a player where there's absolutely no guarantee he'll fulfill his potential.

Mate compare the pair forget stats as you say the following questions relate surely
Q1 more dedicated athlete out of said 2?
Q2 who has improved out of both and at what rate further improvement?
Q3 character
Q4 cost of recruitment
Q5 stability and ethics and compatabity
Q6 flexibility in team
Know I have no doubt he has shown more dedication as an athlete even before comming to australia
No matter what you think you must respect the difficulty to obtain a roster spot on a major college ball club .For a bloke to never play a game and obtain a how low vote and be WANTED. by a few clubs means his miles ahead here too
Masons character is outstanding, he cost us zip, his loved by his teammates too
Will be a great ruckman as well ( you have acknowledged this credit)
Reckon 35 goals easy with Grundy bagging 15 is a suburb outcome easily achieved
THERE IS NOT ONE KPF WHO has improved at his rate

Cox is the reason why we don't need Schache IMO. I'd also be inclined to keep pick 6, but would be tempted to swap picks with Brisbane. I also would not be against looking at a mid, or perhaps a running defender, but I must admit, I know little of the draft. Fogarty would be of interest of the KPP's, and Balta would be good too.

Last year we got McClarty at 30 who projects to be a very good player. If there a good KPP picks later in the draft then try and get a trade to the Suns for Smith and be smart about it, turn a pick in the fifties to the thirties. I dare say that their picks in the 30's are for the taking as they will have so many they might not be even such a pick.

Also, if we can get the upper hand on a Melbourne deal then do it. At this stage, I'd be saying that we would take Lever at 6 is he went to the draft. We might make the Dees pay overs, tick, we might make the Dees do a favourable deal with us. tick.

All that said, Cox for mine means we don't need Schache, Cox could be really good for the duration of his three year deal.

Mate compare the pair forget stats as you say the following questions relate surely
Q1 more dedicated athlete out of said 2?
Q2 who has improved out of both and at what rate further improvement?
Q3 character
Q4 cost of recruitment
Q5 stability and ethics and compatabity
Q6 flexibility in team
Know I have no doubt he has shown more dedication as an athlete even before comming to australia
No matter what you think you must respect the difficulty to obtain a roster spot on a major college ball club .For a bloke to never play a game and obtain a how low vote and be WANTED. by a few clubs means his miles ahead here too
Masons character is outstanding, he cost us zip, his loved by his teammates too
Will be a great ruckman as well ( you have acknowledged this credit)
Reckon 35 goals easy with Grundy bagging 15 is a suburb outcome easily achieved
THERE IS NOT ONE KPF WHO has improved at his rate
He got a spot because he was 211cm. I am not even going to bother responding to those bullshit question. It's not fair on either off them to judge their character when we have never met them

Really? That must be why Hipwood had such a good year. Or why Close did nearly as well in 2017. Or why other players like Hammelman were trialled forward.

Happy for you to show me the game day match-ups which highlight Cox not getting the no1 defender or at least getting less time put on him relative to Schache. Otherwise we'll just have to think you're now resorting to desperately making shoit up to try and sustain an argument.
You are one of the most basic people alive. You put a part of it in bold that clearly says when he was 18. He was 18 his first year in the system when he played 19 games and carried the forward line

You are one of the most basic people alive. You put a part of it in bold that clearly says when he was 18. He was 18 his first year in the system when he played 19 games and carried the forward line

I guess if you can't back up your ridiculous claims you left with nowhere to go than to personally slight the person challenging you. So I'm guessing Walker was an aberration and those 16 games didn't happen, Hipwood didn't play 10 games, McStay and Close didn't play forward.

Yawn! You are just becoming a boring troll.

Still waiting for those match-up comparisons.

I guess if you can't back up your ridiculous claims you left with nowhere to go than to personally slight the person challenging you. So I'm guessing Walker was an aberration and those 16 games didn't happen, Hipwood didn't play 10 games, McStay and Close didn't play forward.

Yawn! You are just becoming a boring troll.

Still waiting for those match-up comparisons.
Yeah what ever you say. Schache was there number one tall in 16. Walker was recruited to try and take pressure off Schache so he wasn't always double teamed. If you expect me to go over the tape to give you exact match ups you are kidding yourself. Schache 2016 was a very good year for a key forward straight out of the draft. Better than Daniher or Moore. Yeah I must be a troll as I don't want to write a kid off after a down year when he clearly had things going on off the field.

Yeah what ever you say. Schache was there number one tall in 16. Walker was recruited to try and take pressure off Schache so he wasn't always double teamed. If you expect me to go over the tape to give you exact match ups you are kidding yourself. Schache 2016 was a very good year for a key forward straight out of the draft. Better than Daniher or Moore. Yeah I must be a troll as I don't want to write a kid off after a down year when he clearly had things going on off the field.

You course, more spin. Happy for you to show where I've written Schache off.

You course, more spin. Happy for you to show where I've written Schache off.
You have not had one positive thing to say about him. It's clear that you rate Cox higher and think he is the better option for the club going forward and I disagree. Let's leave it at that hey. Sorry for having a go at you earlier. Peace :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back