Mason cox suspension - farcical

Remove this Banner Ad

So Cox is arguing against the intentional and low impact grading. Not the high contact grading. So what impact exactly is he claiming? Low impact would be the least severe I am imagining and it suggests that he did make contact with Grimes.
Probably that the force was so minor and insufficient to warrant the report in the first place. Not even worthy of a low impact is how I'm reading it?

So Cox is arguing against the intentional and low impact grading. Not the high contact grading. So what impact exactly is he claiming? Low impact would be the least severe I am imagining and it suggests that he did make contact with Grimes.

Christian said Cox moved towards Grimes, effectively calling that deliberate. If you look at the vision from behind the goal, Cox was moving in a straight line, it was Grimes who ran towards Cox.

I'm not saying contact was fair or without risk to Grimes, but Cox didn't change course to nail Grimes. It certainly appeared to warrant a free kick &/or a fine, but that's the extent of it IMO.

Predictions?

I think Cox will be found guilty. 2 weeks. 1 week for the charge and 1 week for wasting tribunal time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 minutes ago
Cox's representatives are pointing to the patterns of the grass, suggesting they show that the Pies forward didn't intend to cut off Grimes.

Holy Sh** what a circus - are we really taking it to this level!?
Look what buffoons like Chrisso are doing to our game

4 minutes ago
Cox's representatives are pointing to the patterns of the grass, suggesting they show that the Pies forward didn't intend to cut off Grimes.

Yeah that's a really weird argument, the following arguments are much stronger

4 minutes ago

Let the grass speak.

So silly. If they just used the protein soil samples and collect DNA from some skin cells, they could actually replicate the thought patterns indicating that Cox meant no harm. Much clearer. Just as relevant as grass patterns.

I remember Nic Natanui getting a week when he tackled a bloke who was smaller than him. The main argument was that as the guy was smaller, NN had a duty of care not to tackle him too hard.
Using the same logic, as Cox is bigger than everyone, he has a duty of care not to tackle, bump or in any way have physical contact with anyone. Off with his head (and that would still leave him taller than most!).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back