Mason cox suspension - farcical

Remove this Banner Ad

The grass argument was the key here! GG defense team!

pa8Qsx8.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember Nic Natanui getting a week when he tackled a bloke who was smaller than him. The main argument was that as the guy was smaller, NN had a duty of care not to tackle him too hard.
Using the same logic, as Cox is bigger than everyone, he has a duty of care not to tackle, bump or in any way have physical contact with anyone. Off with his head (and that would still leave him taller than most!).
Sandi got done for being tall a few years back in preseason

I don't think the contact was worth a report or a suspension, but...

getting it downgraded by calling it 'careless' rather than 'intentional' is rubbish. What can be more 'intentional' than changing your running line and taking steps at another player and making deliberate contact?

Just admit it never should have been a report rather than make yourself look like an idiot in how you get someone off.

Except that's not what happened, they downgraded it. They did not dismiss anything.

Do I really need to say "The charge of intentional conduct was dismissed and then downgraded to careless" ? I just wrote dismissed without going into any great depths of what actually transpired

I know you went to such extraordinary lengths to nitpick the contact with your gifs and colourful lines and all that but I dont really give a toss..

Love the pies supporters in here, "its obvious Cox is just setting a screen". Gee how often does cox set "screens"? He should probably get pulled up on that seeing as its illegal

All teams do it. Even the Dogs. But as we saw on the weekend, they’re kissed on the dick by the umps.
This is so. It just the AFL.

A push in the back is illegal - but some seasonss it is ok and not in others; as in some circumstances it can be penalised but in others not. Quite clear???

It is still illegal to block more than 5m from the ball but everyone does it - but sometimes it is illegal.

It is also illegal it interfere in a marking or ruck contest (the words are slightly more general) but it is the norm

It just goes on and on - who in the AFL is the dream weaver

Whats the most concerning is Christian played afl , seems so out of touch.

Should make the person/s handing out suspensions have to had played footy in the last 5 to 10 years

I think Coxy's biggest non-magpie supporters in here have actually been Weagle fans. Kudos to you all for wishing him the best when you are our next opponent, and would have benefited from his suspension. Class.
Yeah this. It’s not gone unnoticed!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back