Mason Cox video

Remove this Banner Ad

Regarding the early 'hate' poor Coxy copped from league as a whole I never fully understood why?

I always thought of him as the same as any young KPF who gets drafted who would certainly need time to adapt and learn. I understood the difference in age between him and an 18 year old draftee, however felt that that was balanced out by his non-existent knowledge or experience of AFL compared to a kid who has played footy his whole life.

His stats in his first 44 games compared to other KPF in their first 50 odd games certainly weren't a million miles off either.

Cox kicked 52 goals from his first 44 games. In comparison Jack Reiwoldt in his first 46 games kicked 57 and Tom Hawkins in his first 43 kicked 59, while Josh Kennedy from his first 45 kicked 49.

Not that I'm trying to compare Cox to these players, but it just highlights that he wasn't as bad as I think people in the media and in the league made him out to be, it's nice that more people are seeing what most of us keen pies fans knew all along.

And none of them spent time running through the ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back