Mason Cox Vs Mike Pyke

Who is the better player?

• Mason Cox

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Mike Pyke

Votes: 25 62.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pyke played 110 games and won a flag. Whilst Cox has looked solid of late I’d still have Pyke ahead as of right now.
Is that how it works? Jarryd Blair won a flag. Guess he’s better than Robert Harvey?

Pyke was abit of a battler besides that 2013 season when he featured high in contested marks, kicked 30 goals and had something like 20 hitouts a game while playing alongside Mumford. That was a good year.

Is that how it works? Jarryd Blair won a flag. Guess he’s better than Robert Harvey?
Cox’s best season was 2018 where he played 24 games, had 237 disposals, 164 hit outs and kicked 25.12.

Pyke’s best season was 2013 where played 25 games, had 276 disposals, 546 hit outs and kicked 28.8.

Pyke is better as it stands premiership or not. Will be interesting to see if Cox can continue his improvement.

Pyke was abit of a battler besides that 2013 season when he featured high in contested marks, kicked 30 goals and had something like 20 hitouts a game while playing alongside Mumford. That was a good year.

Battled alright in the last quarter of the 2012 Grand Final as well

Take off your BT coloured glasses, Pyke was a solid player for a few years

Battled alright in the last quarter of the 2012 Grand Final as well

Take off your BT coloured glasses, Pyke was a solid player for a few years
I said he was a battler, not the worst player in the AFL like BT claimed.

Cox is the better player, just needs to do it a few more years and he'll have Pyke comfortably covered.
Cox is way over-rated in my opinion. If he did not have his height he would be just your average footballer. Not taking anything away from him though - due to his height he will always be a menace from an oppositions point of view. Will be interesting to see how the contest between Cox and Barrass goes this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both okay without being great.

One has a premiership, the other doesn't, probably won't. Therefore Pyke gets my vote

Back