Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes he was pretty poor last night but ..

“It’s unreal playing with 'Coxy,'”

“He attracts two or three defenders every time he goes for the ball so if you are at his feet or at the contest you are a chance to get the ball.

“You notice it all the time you are running back inside 50 and your man will just sort of slide off and go to his contest but it’s coming to ground so I am not complaining.”

- Will Hoskin-Elliot

Was poor last night. But much of our F50 group weren't much better. Hopefully he bounces back against GWS.

Yeah was poor last night. Had zero impact. What I was most disappointed about was his inability to make McGovern more accountable in the first half.

Will be better off having gotten that first final out the way. Hopefully he can bounce back this week back on the G.

Last night you mean? No he didn't.
I respectfully disagree. Mayne wasn’t the only one messing with McGovern. Plus he attracts multiple defenders. But I concede it was a poor game by him. I back him in to come back from this in the same way I expect Pendles to be much better than he was.

Yeah was poor last night. Had zero impact. What I was most disappointed about was his inability to make McGovern more accountable in the first half.

Will be better off having gotten that first final out the way. Hopefully he can bounce back this week back on the G.

And there's the kicker, his first final in his 41st game. If you compare him to someone like Mike Pyke, Pyke started in 2009 in a really good team, played 2 finals in 2010 (which were both fairly ordinary) and went on to have a huge 2012 GF in his 45th game.

Let's have some perspective, he played his first final interstate in front of a hostile crowd against a very good backline.

And there's the kicker, his first final in his 41st game. If you compare him to someone like Mike Pyke, Pyke started in 2009 in a really good team, played 2 finals in 2010 (which were both fairly ordinary) and went on to have a huge 2012 GF in his 45th game.

Let's have some perspective, he played his first final interstate in front of a hostile crowd against a very good backline.

In conditions which just don't seem to suit him.

Regardless of his performance he just has to play every game this finals series. No other viable options available, including Moore.

Been key part of our structure all year. Too late to change now.

In conditions which just don't seem to suit him.

OK I will try and be as nice as possible because I like Cox.

His performance was insipid and the conditions had nothing to do with it.

The concerning thing for me at the ground is I think he "dropped his head".

I like to judge players on the big stage (take a bow Sier he imposed himself on that game) so he has a massive test this week in similar "conditions".

Fortunately for him he wont be up against a great defence like WC.

Over to you Coxy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it ends up being wet with gusty winds and possible hail (as is predicted) do you think we would consider not playing him?

No he should be played in the square...…...something that wasn't tried by Bucks last week.

I like to judge players on the big stage (take a bow Sier he imposed himself on that game) so he has a massive test this week in similar "conditions".

Over to you Coxy.

I don't recall suggesting he had a great game.

If it ends up being wet with gusty winds and possible hail (as is predicted) do you think we would consider not playing him?

Or maybe they'll look to his impact in the Crows game as reason to include him.

I don't recall suggesting he had a great game.

You said "poor" that was being generous IMO............no biggie jackcass.

Over to you Coxy.

Mmm, don't undersell the GWS defence, it's a pretty damn good unit. Phil Davis is close to the best key back in the league. GWS conceded less points than us for the year, only 4 more than West Coast and up until the final 10-15 against the Swans had only conceded 18 points.

Mmm, don't undersell the GWS defence, it's a pretty damn good unit. Phil Davis is close to the best key back in the league. GWS conceded less points than us for the year, only 4 more than West Coast and up until the final 10-15 against the Swans had only conceded 18 points.

Not underestimating GWS but I don't think (besides Davis) their other tall defenders are as good as WC's ones.

McGovern and Barrass toyed with Mason on the weekend.

You said "poor" that was being generous IMO............no biggie jackcass.

I think you're mistakenly applying your rating scale to my comments. Poor is just about the bottom of my rating scale so not sure how much lower I could have gone. Sorry I don't feel the need to use the more colourful vernacular offered by some.

Not underestimating GWS but I don't think (besides Davis) their other tall defenders are as good as WC's ones.

McGovern and Barrass toyed with Mason on the weekend.

I'd take Haynes over Barrass every day of the week, but I know what you are getting at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back