Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Cloke is overrated. He has a couple of really good years. The rest were poor for someone with his size and strenght. Kicking at goal a major contributing factor.
I'd possibly agree with you if the footy world didn't constantly mock Travis and weren't gaga over Tom Lynch, whose career to date doesn't come close to Travis's.

Geez he is good value :p...….good articles in both papers today.

He has a great sense of humour, very competitive on the field, but very appreciative to the fans off the field. A very good person

It may just be me but I reckon Cox has been stitched up by the umps the last 2 weeks.

At least 4-5 missed frees against Eagles and possibly a couple against Gws.

He always cops it just because he is "tall". Watch the Tigers do it again this week. Its a joke.

He always cops it just because he is "tall". Watch the Tigers do it again this week. Its a joke.

CFC2010 and Tbone McGraw watch the umpires (one Razor Ray for example) start paying a few this week "at crucial stages" just to get some camera time and give us the ascendancy, and the Ninth fans will go into meltdown next week because DEY WAS ROBBED!!!

It's all about the AFL making money and a Disney fairy tale ending. It'll happen in Perth too and give Melbourne a better chance at winning the cup if we play them. Little do they know, we don't lie down for people who eat brie and crackers. Better hope for a good snowfall the first week of October :rolleyes:

Seriously though, #TheBabyGiraffe is the glue and sticky tape of this side.

He needs a big game this week umpires need to start giving him the frees he deserves when being held.

Agreed.

If he can't mark it then he HAS to bring it to ground to allow the likes of DeGoey, Thomas, WHE, Steve and Varcoe to swoop on it.

Can't afford to have Rance and Astbury gobble up easy marks in the back half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He needs a big game this week umpires need to start giving him the frees he deserves when being held.

Good luck with that against Rance.

He doesn't get his share of free kick calls - but I'm sure most KPF's would feel the same way. At the end of the day though, Mason has to be much better at using his size and strength. The umpire last week was absolutely right to call him out for looking for a soft free kick when he didn't hold his ground in the contest. He also needs to be better at still clunking those marks in the F50 even when theres physical pressure on - he's able to do it occasionally, and he has repeatedly shown he can do it on the wing when he has a bit of space on his man - just hold onto a couple of those in the F50 against Rance (and kick the goal) and he could be a game changer.

Last edited:
Good luck with that against Rance.
He doesn't get his share of free kick calls - but I'm sure most KPF's would feel the same way. At the end of the day though, Mason has to be much better at using his size and strength in the contest. The umpire last week was absolutely right to call him out for looking for a soft free kick when he didn't hold his ground in the contest. He also needs to be better at still clunking those marks in the F50 even when theres physical pressure on - he's able to do it occasionally, and he has repeatedly shown he can do it on the wing when he has a bit of space on his man - just hold onto a couple of those in the F50 against Rance (and kick the goal) and he could be a game changer.
Spot on. He hasn't had a great finals series and we do need the best out of all our players to win this one. The opportunities have been there, he just needs to grasp it with both hands, sink two or three and it will be a different story. Worst case I hope he will be able to drag defenders away from the action and open up our forward line enough for JDG to star.

Mason Cox value is not only clunking the footy but being able to bring the ball to the ground if delivered correctly. Rarely is ever outmarked which is the first stage negotiated in avoiding a rebound out of our 50 which the Tigers will hurt us on. Having guys like JT, Stephensen and De Goey at the feet of big Cox has been a good avenue to goal.

Don't underestimate his ability to not clunk the footy because it is just as important.

i feel like coxy's form 6 weeks previous, is better than at present. He is playing for free's a bit more and not clunking the big marks as much. He's conversion is also down a bit. Playing DeGoey full fwd, is pushing him up the ground and therefore he's marks are further out and he cant make the distance.
He is good in the ruck, but we also sacrifice forward pressure with him in the fwd line.

I’m on the umpires side on this, it looks like he’s constantly playing for a free instead of committing to the mark.
Yes there has been a few frees not given but I’m happy for the umps not to pay them if players keep exaggerating contact.
Mason just needs to 100% commit to going for the mark every time he has the chance, it’s embarrassing seeing him go up with one arm after feeling the lightest contact on the other.

Great article by Mason...……enjoy

Mason Cox on being blissfully ignorant about his knowledge of AFL history and Xmas with Eddie
Mason Cox, Herald Sun
an hour ago
Subscriber only
RECENTLY I was asked, “How would you describe yourself?” To which I answered, “How long have you got?”...………..

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/5cf024c599f6ba1b1bf2490024264345

Copy the link into this site to read full article https://outline.com/

Hopefully Ed served him up a nice quaffer.

If anyone would like to upload the footage to YouTube for your London brethren it would make his day!

Started watching 1990 GF mate with the kids..........will check tomorrow for you........sorry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back