Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

I've decided it may be best to play Cox.
Expose him as never before.
His contract is up so it's time to actually see what he has to offer.
And the next three weeks can show that.

Surely this.

Cox's primary position is clearly as a ruckman. Now that Grundy is out we have the option to throw him in there full time and see what he's got. So far he hasn't shown to be consistently AFL quality that Fwd/Ruck position, but a good run in the ruck will give the Club (and Mason) an idea of how much he can provide at AFL level.

Be good to see Cox go in the ruck.
I'll be interested in his second efforts around the ground too.
He might surprise and have good staying power.
With his height he should really satisfy what we need in the ruck.
A nice substitute for grundy

I've decided it may be best to play Cox.
Expose him as never before.
His contract is up so it's time to actually see what he has to offer.
And the next three weeks can show that.

Well if we don't play Mason with Grundy out what's the point in having him in the first place, right..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the murdoch empire will spot you & release your pearls of wisdom to the masses
Slobbo he ain't.

Sounds more like an Age writer.
Not that anybody much reads the old girl anymore.

Off topic, I know, but the Age has become a shadow of what it once was with all those syndicated artiles from teh Washington Post...but it's Independent Always apparently
Independently biased yes.

Why don't newspapers just admit they are biased to whatever side, and then get on with it?

People are quick to jump on Cox when he plays poorly, but he deserves some credit for today's game. 43 hitouts, 6 marks and 2.1 is exactly what you want from a giant ruckman like him. He might not have gotten a lot of the ball but he made the most of his opportunities today.

Quality today....

But puts us back to the 2 ruckmen dillema we had with Grundy and Witts.

Can take a good overhead mark unlike the former two.... but no room in the same team for Grundy, Cox and Moore in his best position as a HF and 2nd ruck.

If he's made this much progress in 2 years (ie Challenging our Best Ruckman and a potential AA Ruckman for a spot in the team) imagine what he'll be like in another 2 years?
Teach him to play forward...do the same to Grundy and then let em loose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back