Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

The latter.
I agree with your comment and it probably does fit into the scientific branch of physics, but describing some tall bloke falling over as physics just amused me.
The laws of physics are the laws of physics Sav. We aren't exempt from it.
And to add a lot of clout to my argument, I remember Lethal Leigh making a similar argument.
If Lethal says it then it's beyond doubt.

Newtons 3rd law - big Cox will always fall over easy when pressure applied.
Newtons 4th law, my Cox will always stand up when Mason leads and gets good delivery
It's a bit too exciting as there's often premature spillage.
I make a post using science as my foundation and this is the response.
Heathens!!! All of you.
May you all rot in a non existent hell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The laws of physics are the laws of physics Sav. We aren't exempt from it.
And to add a lot of clout to my argument, I remember Lethal Leigh making a similar argument.
If Lethal says it then it's beyond doubt.
Re Football: If in doubt...

Leigh Matthews is right.

(Source: The natural laws of football.)

The issue with Mason performing in the final quarter of a close game is that I'm a bit uncomfortable about fist pumping whilst yelling out Cox.
You’re just taking one for the team.

(admit it, you really like it)

The issue with Mason performing in the final quarter of a close game is that I'm a bit uncomfortable about fist pumping whilst yelling out Cox.
And after your anti-Carlton comments I thought we were connected. I can yell out Cox until my throat is sore if it means more Magpie goals/wins.

I think physics comes into play a bit here.
Being so tall means he has a higher center of gravity, much easier to tip over.
Grundy is fortunate in this regard as he has the long torso and big backside and legs which lowers his center of gravity and makes him much more stable. A taller version of the Peter Daicos physique.
The coaches obviously aren't students of the art of sumo. If they taught Cox when caught at the drop of the ball in a marking contest to bend his knees in order to lower his center of gravity so that his smaller opponents couldn't so easily put him off balance and then time the moment he stood fully erect to coincide with when the ball arrived he wouldn't blow so many opportunities to score. :think:

I re watched the last quarter from man flu couch. Cox had been quiet, but lifted when it counted. 1 goal, at least 2 goal assists, with obvious taps down to Stevo and Elliot, the smother after the miss kick and a couple of clunked marks around the ground. He improves all of the time. I hope he plays until he's 35!

The coaches obviously aren't students of the art of sumo. If they taught Cox when caught at the drop of the ball in a marking contest to bend his knees in order to lower his center of gravity so that his smaller opponents couldn't so easily put him off balance and then time the moment he stood fully erect to coincide with when the ball arrived he wouldn't blow so many opportunities to score. :think:
That's not too far off the basketball, get down low, rebounding 101 lesson that he would have had drummed into him as a kid.

I personally think he should just carry an apple They helped Newton with problems of physics.

Cox seems to be a player who needs a big occasion or something else to really have a dip. he has performed at his best in really big games (finals, Anzac Day) but has been moderate in less pressured games. He notably lifted after his lousy pass this week, when he clearly felt he had something to prove or make up for. The shrink coach at Collingwood needs to be onto this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back