Analysis Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Reid rucking? Grundy rucking more?

Was it because cox was playing well as a foward that you lads think bucks wanted to keep him in a settled position? But if he was struggerling he would ruck more?

Round one due to the slippery weather conditions Cox spent more time in the ruck because he was useless as a forward as he couldnt stick a mark. Generally speaking his role at Collingwood is to play as a forward. Grundy will be AA this year. Cox will play second ruck.

Round one due to the slippery weather conditions Cox spent more time in the ruck because he was useless as a forward as he couldnt stick a mark. Generally speaking his role at Collingwood is to play as a forward. Grundy will be AA this year. Cox will play second ruck.
His game in slippery conditions sucked last time because he couldn't hold his marks, if he held them it would've been a good game, i'm happy to play him in the wet whilst he continues to get first hands to the ball, he isn't far away, just needs confidence IMO and dropping him won't do anything for his development.

I’m all for cox to be 2nd fiddle thts for sure just hoping he can push up towards 10ish hitouts a game instead of 4

His game in slippery conditions sucked last time because he couldn't hold his marks, if he held them it would've been a good game, i'm happy to play him in the wet whilst he continues to get first hands to the ball, he isn't far away, just needs confidence IMO and dropping him won't do anything for his development.

Yeah fair point. Horses for courses, I'd rather omit him in slippery conditions and play a more mobile option (Moore, Mclarty). But I see your side of the argument too.

** Max Gawn

Grundy a close second.

I genuinely think Grundy will overtake Gawn and probably during this season. Grundy's midfield work gets mentioned sometimes, but not enough. The s**t he does at ground level and in packs is incomparable to most Rucks. It shits me when people say he needs to become a better forward... How much ******* work do people want this guy to do? haha

I genuinely think Grundy will overtake Gawn and probably during this season. Grundy's midfield work gets mentioned sometimes, but not enough. The s**t he does at ground level and in packs is incomparable to most Rucks. It shits me when people say he needs to become a better forward... How much ******* work do people want this guy to do? haha

This. 100% spot on!!

Second ruck in the AA team is still AA. Not fussed either way, the point is Grundy is elite and will spend most of his time doing what he does best. And Cox will play forward.

AS how they should play Together

People only wanted him to be a better forward so he could play in the same team as Witts and now Cox, not because he isn't doing enough though.

Hey guys- Hawthorn fan here, I can’t believe the criticism Mason Cox gets from the media. Most players that height, that have grown up with the game take years to find their feet, I think it’s amazing that he has learnt, in such a short time to play forward and ruck at the highest level. I know he was average round one against the Hawks in the wet but the way he adjusted his game so quickly against the crows in similar conditions is very impressive. He is already a better kick for goal than the majority of the league and think one day soon he is going to tear a game apart- hopefully Anzac Day!
Seems like a nice guy too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if ABC radio put the Sunday morning show, with Libby Gore, up on the net, but if they do have a listen.
The last 1/2 hour includes an interview with Mason.
Very interesting as Libby does ask some interesting questions, not about footy, at times. Like who knew he once dated a five foot two woman? I’m 6’ 5” and my Mrs is 5’ 1” and we get looks. Couldn’t imagine being 6’ 11” and her being 5’ 2”!
On a whim Libby took him to the Shrine, which lead to many more questions about what the AD game meant to him. He’s pretty respectful of it, but to him it’s really just another game of footy.
If you can get hold of the interview have a listen.

Not sure if ABC radio put the Sunday morning show, with Libby Gore, up on the net, but if they do have a listen.
The last 1/2 hour includes an interview with Mason.
Very interesting as Libby does ask some interesting questions, not about footy, at times. Like who knew he once dated a five foot two woman? I’m 6’ 5” and my Mrs is 5’ 1” and we get looks. Couldn’t imagine being 6’ 11” and her being 5’ 2”!
On a whim Libby took him to the Shrine, which lead to many more questions about what the AD game meant to him. He’s pretty respectful of it, but to him it’s really just another game of footy.
If you can get hold of the interview have a listen.

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/melbourne/programs/sundays/mason-cox/9685262

His first half was fairly s**t today, but his second half was quite good. He needs to start sticking those marks though when the heat is on, not when the game is already won.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back