List Mgmt. Mason Woods contract status

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is identical to the black thread a few years back.
Pay him what the club thinks he is worth. Not overs and not unders. Otherwise it will come back to bite us just like the black deal.
He looks like a player no doubt. But he has only played a handful of good games and we want to throw the sink at him?
We did that with black( we all thought he was the messiah) and we have paid him 450k a year to play in the magoo's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Settle down, wood is yet to play on a half decent defender.

See how he goes when he has a Talia or a Rance play on him.

Cant pay a 3rd tall 1st tall money, need to be reasonable.
He's looking more then just a third tall.
He's only a third tall on paper. I see him as something special. A potential elite. We will only know when he hits that magical 50 games mark, for sure

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Interesting end of season coming up

Think I heard Spud say before the Cats game on SEN he wanted a contract for next year. Hope Wood signs on. Looks better than Black at the same amount of games played. Always a bonus if 2nd round picks turn out to be good players.

Drew needs to get out of the forward line and break the shackles Ruck, back, wing anywhere just get him out of the forward line for a while. I dont think we can win a flag without him firing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd think about playing him in the 'Hansen role' (assuming Hansen isn't ready/fit).

Petrie has regularly looked good going back to stem the flow without a guy hanging off him, and we've played top footy with a tall spare back and have key fwd options to replace structure wise.

Waite, Brown and Wood can be the fwds, it may even work better - might be worth a shot and give a struggling Thommo more support.

Yeah Drew has played pretty well when thrown back, I even remember him selling the dummy with a Richmond player (Deledio?) that resulted in an end-to-end goal haha

I'd think about playing him in the 'Hansen role' (assuming Hansen isn't ready/fit).

Petrie has regularly looked good going back to stem the flow without a guy hanging off him, and we've played top footy with a tall spare back and have key fwd options to replace structure wise.

Waite, Brown and Wood can be the fwds, it may even work better - might be worth a shot and give a struggling Thommo more support.
I like it mate but who goes out in this scenario? Does he take McKenzie's or Mullet's spots? Firrito?
It would require a slightly different structure which I don't feel like we have a particular hankering for. I'd like to see it though.

I like it mate but who goes out in this scenario? Does he take McKenzie's or Mullet's spots? Firrito?
It would require a slightly different structure which I don't feel like we have a particular hankering for. I'd like to see it though.
Firrito would go out I think? Thompson plays the floating type role

Remove this Banner Ad

Back