Multiplat Mass Effect: Andromeda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mass Effect 4: Playable, Explorable, and Yet Still Unknown

Gamers have an interesting stereotype associated with them: they don’t like reading. Or at least, that’s what many people tend to think. Apparently, Mass Effect 4 has changed all of that. Gamers are Googling the title at the speed of light trying to squeeze out every last bit of information they can possibly get from the title. There’s no denying the fact that Mass Effect 4 will be huge when it hits, but we still have a way to go before we get the controller in our hand.

This isn’t helped by the fact that Bioware continues to throw tiny hints and gestures toward progress without revealing too much information.

While there are still many aspects of the game that we’re very unsure of (and trust me, there’s a lot), we’ve compiled some tidbits we’ve gathered ourselves and it’s information we can both observe and discuss:

Mass Effect 4: Currently in a playable state:

Not for us, unfortunately, but the team over at Bioware has been enjoying it. The game is reportedly in a “very” playable state and they seem to be testing it in an attempt to iron out the last bit of wrinkles. Of course this leaves gamers wondering why we haven’t been given a release date. About that…

Bioware Rumored to be Releasing an official trailer soon:

Gamers love hearing that there has been an official trailer announced. Up until that point, the game that we’ve so anxiously been waiting for seems more like a fairy tail. Many speculate that the release of the official trailer will allow for a release date announcement in the near future.

What will the title be?

Of course, we all refer to it as “Mass Effect 4.” But as is the case with “Fallout 4″ we really have no idea what the title of this is going to be until it is announced. Bioware is rumored to go with something other than “Mass Effect 4” due to the fact that many gamers will feel like they’ll be seeing Shepard again. While it has reportedly been confirmed that Shepard nor any of his acquaintances will be in the game, fans still shouldn’t assume that the game is set after the events of Mass Effect 3. Yes, there are rumors suggesting that a new (possible) race insinuates that the sequel will find itself taking place after the events of the original trilogy; however, there also rumors suggesting that the game will refer to Shepard in no way. If that’s the case, it’s possible that fans could be looking at a prequel.

It’s suppose to be big:

One of the greatest aspects of Bioware games is the explorable universe we find ourselves a part of. It has been reported that Mass Effect 4 is supposed to host a very large explorable galaxy and that its scope and scale will be close to what we’ll see in the new Dragon Age game.

When Mass Effect 4 is officially announced with a release date, players will definitely react on social media. Don’t worry. You’ll be in the know. Be sure to comment below discussing this with us. We would love to hear your input on what you feel about these issues.

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/...plorable-and-yet-still-unknown/#ixzz2u4FRIEix

I'm extremely excited for this. Since it doesn't feature Shep or any other characters from the trilogy, I am hoping it is either set cycles earlier with one of the earliest harvested races or hundreds/thousands of years after the events of 3 so we can see how the galaxy has progressed. A new race being rumoured gives me hope we may see something from a cycle before but it will probably be set after the events of 3.

Same Kanga. Bring on some more Mass Effect.

Yeah i love stuff about outerspace and this series was a great space-opera.
I loved exploring all the solar systems reading about the planets.

I'm actually replaying the series atm, Just got to the citadel in ME1 :)

Yeah i love stuff about outerspace and this series was a great space-opera.
I loved exploring all the solar systems reading about the planets.

I'm actually replaying the series atm, Just got to the citadel in ME1 :)

I normally dislike space stuff. Scifi isn't my thing which is why i don't understand why i love the ME series so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought ME1 was good, ME2 was fantastic. Spent many, many hours on 2 playing and replaying it.

I only played through ME3 once and never had the inclination to play through again, which was disappointing.

I hope ME4 returns to the way ME2 was. Certainly don't mind a new cast of characters or story.

Thought ME1 was good, ME2 was fantastic. Spent many, many hours on 2 playing and replaying it.

I only played through ME3 once and never had the inclination to play through again, which was disappointing.

I hope ME4 returns to the way ME2 was. Certainly don't mind a new cast of characters or story.
Pretty much this but I really enjoyed ME3 up until the ending.

The thing that pissed me off at the end was I felt it went out with a whimper rather than a bang, it wasn’t the overall result with Shepard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Pretty much this but I really enjoyed ME3 up until the ending.

The thing that pissed me off at the end was I felt it went out with a whimper rather than a bang, it wasn’t the overall result with Shepard.

It deserved a huge, epic ending. It delivered that until. You go into the ship thing at the end. It was a disappointing ending for any RPG let alone a game the calibre of ME.

I'm tentative about a new Mass Effect.

I love the original games though, and I trust BioWare to make a good game. I guess I have to see what it's about before I make any decisions. I personally think a prequel is pointless as the lore is already established, thus eliminating 'meaningful' choices. A sequel will be a cluster-F as they need to find a way to have one unified ending without retconning or just picking one as canon. Having a separate story during the same time of the original games is risky because everyone knows it won't mean much because whatever the problem is, it's nothing compared to the imminent Reaper invasion.

Mass Effect actually has a very good sci-fi universe.

There is so much they can potentially do with it - but they can't really do the whole 'threat bigger than all of us threatens life as we know it'.

A sequel will be a cluster-F as they need to find a way to have one unified ending without retconning or just picking one as canon.

They normally pick one ending as canon for their games.

Mass Effect actually has a very good sci-fi universe.

There is so much they can potentially do with it - but they can't really do the whole 'threat bigger than all of us threatens life as we know it'.

They normally pick one ending as canon for their games.
Krogan wars sound like fun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back