Multiplat Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Good chunk of the way through 3 now - finishing off Citadel (final meet-ups, dialogue and arena challenges) and just the Cerberus base and finale to go.

While two's story and characters are absolutely immense, I think three pips it for combat and general gameplay. Fully upgraded adept makes you feel like a goddamn Jedi (particularly with the lash upgrade that lets you throw around shielded enemies.)

Finally finished the trilogy for the first time what a ride

Ending decision
went the synthesis ending couldn’t let legion die for * all or spend hours letting edi and joker hook up nice touch with my love interest Liara hugging edi

Ending decision
went the synthesis ending couldn’t let legion die for fu** all or spend hours letting edi and joker hook up nice touch with my love interest Liara hugging edi

It is the best ending and the only one I ever do.

Ending decision
went the synthesis ending couldn’t let legion die for fu** all or spend hours letting edi and joker hook up nice touch with my love interest Liara hugging edi
It is the best ending and the only one I ever do.
Was the only one I wanted to pick really

I'm still torn between Synthesis and Destroy. Did Synthesis back in the day when playing the original games. Did Destroy this time around.

Honestly, both endings have their downsides and my main complaint about the endings is that the Destroy ending should have a variant whereby the Geth and EDI can be saved if you've got enough War Assets and have completed certain missions. In a series all about choice the player should be justly rewarded for doing everything they can to secure the best ending.

I'm still torn between Synthesis and Destroy. Did Synthesis back in the day when playing the original games. Did Destroy this time around.

Honestly, both endings have their downsides and my main complaint about the endings is that the Destroy ending should have a variant whereby the Geth and EDI can be saved if you've got enough War Assets and have completed certain missions. In a series all about choice the player should be justly rewarded for doing everything they can to secure the best ending.

I always tend to destroy it regardless as Shepherd strikes me as a "kill it with fire" type instead of a let's all sit around a fire and sing songs type, ergo, he'll gladly sacrifice the Geth after Legion went and cockblock Joker as remember, he liked it better when it didn't speak.

Synth was always "what? I need to sacrifice myself? GTFO" originally that it was more how'd you treat the IM and repercussions since it was always a this is a character with an ending not a this is my character situation.

Tend to agree though, should have been in interrupt to be all punch hologram in the face, press several buttons and here's enough change for just the reapers to kick it so everyone lives because you da boss.

I always tend to destroy it regardless as Shepherd strikes me as a "kill it with fire" type instead of a let's all sit around a fire and sing songs type, ergo, he'll gladly sacrifice the Geth after Legion went and cockblock Joker as remember, he liked it better when it didn't speak.

To me, that only seems like the case if you play renegade. That doesn't fit with my paragon fem Shep.

Synth was always "what? I need to sacrifice myself? GTFO" originally that it was more how'd you treat the IM and repercussions since it was always a this is a character with an ending not a this is my character situation.

Tend to agree though, should have been in interrupt to be all punch hologram in the face, press several buttons and here's enough change for just the reapers to kick it so everyone lives because you da boss.

Hmm, probably depends how you played Shepard. I always played full paragon and so he was always willing to put himself in danger to save someone else. This is why I initially rejected the idea of Destroy being the 'best' ending just because he can survive. Full paragon Shepard would 100% lay down his life to save his friends or indeed, a whole other race.

But yep, gimme that face punching interrupt you're talking about. I did the hard yards. I saved everyone possible. I made peace with the Geth. Let me bloody save them.

Played as a male paragon I surprisingly got attached to edi maybe it wasn’t only Traynor attracted to the voice or some s**t but couldn’t do destroy ending

Also felt with how big the whole reaper threat is shep has to die to end that so definitely helped me choose what I did

Though if there’s a canon that they definitely go with destroy would probably be it.

So who did everyone romance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me, that only seems like the case if you play renegade. That doesn't fit with my paragon fem Shep.

Even on paragorn male, he gave me massive dick vibes that he'd pull that trigger, as the alliances and the break ups in FMV types were all him trying to assert dominance or "awkwardly" fit into social standards.

So who did everyone romance?

Talizorah vas Normandy, after Ashley for the "bitch please" stand off break up in 3.

Just finished ME3 having never played the series before. I hadn’t really had anything spoiled going in. The only thing I really knew going in was lots of people rated ME2 as the best game in the series.

Overall what an amazing 3 games. ME1 felt very dated but the story and characters it introduced is what carried the series overall. ME2 was great and was a big jump content/combat wise but ME3 really is an amazing game and the peak of the series for mine.

Can’t believe I’d missed such a great set of games until the remaster came out. Will give Andromeda a go now and look forward to whatever the new game in the series is.

If you don't, basic theory;

After Shepherd says "sup Harbinger, mind if I go to that there beam?" and Harbinger goes "you killed my bro, not cool!" and zaps him, then considers electricity is kinda strong and buggers off, the remaining parts are all in Sheps head, meaning he's dun been hoodwinkled.

Not sure if warrants spoilers but first time I've heard this after playing the game a few times when it first came out haha.

Up to 3 now, although having tried to do as much as possible, have a bit of fatigue from ME, so will leave a replay for a while. Some side missions are really good but unless you're a trophy hunter it becomes a bit monotonous to the point of racing through.

Still holds up really well all these years after though. Really looking forward to the next game.

Finished ME3 a few days ago. i forgot how much i hate the ending. the final hour or so are such a slog because of unstoppable dialog/cutscenes and the trend at the time the injured slow walk that has a scene which feels like it lasts 5 mins. up till then the game is fun. still love the Citadel DLC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back