Multiplat Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I bought the Mass Effect trilogy on PS3 over 6 years ago on a sale and I didn’t like it at all, I think I played an hour or two, it felt way too complicated and I never went back to it. Then just a few days ago I decided to buy the legendary edition as it’s remastered and lots of work has been put into it. I am playing through the first game and I am absolutely loving it.

Always surprised at how many known actors they managed to get for these games.

Martin Sheen was such a great cast and is absolutely brilliant.

GF just did a mission in ME2 and I forgot Claudia Black was one of the admirals. Perfect voice for it too

These are genuinely great games. Playing through I can’t help but think it’s one of the best shooters I have ever played and it helps that the games have a great story too.

After I am done with the trilogy, would you guys recommend Andromeda? Is that like Part 4 of a standalone experience?

These are genuinely great games. Playing through I can’t help but think it’s one of the best shooters I have ever played and it helps that the games have a great story too.

After I am done with the trilogy, would you guys recommend Andromeda? Is that like Part 4 of a standalone experience?
Standalone experience. Characters are very different but familiar races

I defo recommend it but don't expect the same game. I feel like a lot of the criticism comes from people expecting the same experience as the original trilogy.

I defo recommend it but don't expect the same game. I feel like a lot of the criticism comes from people expecting the same experience as the original trilogy.

Yeah, totally get that and I am prepared for a vastly different experience. The main trilogy is so good, so it’s difficult to top.

Standalone but some nice Easter eggs from the main series

It’s not as polished as the first 3 but still a fun game that sets things up for sequels that won’t happen unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RPCB are you playing as paragon or renegade? And who’s your LI?

Paragon.

Can I say no one? :p

Yeah do it imo

I will. I was contemplating just waiting on a sale as all I saw on the PS Store was the game being $55, until I saw a different version for $25 which is the full game and DLC. Weird pricing imo.

I was contemplating just waiting on a sale as all I saw on the PS Store was the game being $55, until I saw a different version for $25 which is the full game and DLC. Weird pricing imo.

My favourite is when second hand copies of a game are twice as expensive as brand new copies of the same game at EB.

My favourite is when second hand copies of a game are twice as expensive as brand new copies of the same game at EB.

It would be like opening a hotel and having signage out the front that reads “We have beds” to confuse people into thinking that other hotels don’t have beds.

Andromeda wasn't bad. The writing just didn't hook me.

I played that game to like 97% compeletion and never finished that last 3%, and then found myself not even being able to remember anything about my playthrough when someone sent me a fan survey. It was asking me what some of my major decisions were and I had no recollection of some of the scenes or what I did. Must have been going through the motions.

I finished the trilogy tonight. Holy s**t, what a great series of games it was. Remembering my first experience with the game on PS3, I am so happy I gave it another shot. I will most definitely go back to finish side quests and play the DLC but this time around I wanted to mainly focus on the main storylines. I want to play GTA and Skyrim when those are released on PS5 but will definitely have Mass Effect as one of my go to games in the future. Really fun games.

I had a wow moment every time I was hearing Admiral Shala'Raan vas Tonbay voice that I knew the actress but couldn’t pinpoint where from. And then it hit me, Shohreh Aghdashloo from Season 4 of “24”. Looking at her IMDb, I can’t see anything else she has done that I would recognize her from, except 24. There must be more Mass Effect voice actors like that.

Last edited:
I finished the trilogy tonight. Holy sh*t, what a great series of games it was. Remember my first experience with the game on PS3, I am so happy I gave it another shot. I will most definitely go back to finish side quests and play the DLC but this time around I wanted to mainly focus on the main storylines. I want to play GTA and Skyrim when those are released on PS5 but will definitely have Mass Effect as one of my go to games in the future. Really fun games.

I had a wow moment every time I was hearing Admiral Shala'Raan vas Tonbay voice that I knew the actress but couldn’t pinpoint where from. And then it hit me, Shohreh Aghdashloo from Season 4 of “24”. Looking at her IMDb, I can’t see anything else she has done that I would recognize her from, except 24. There must be more Mass Effect voice actors like that.

Brandon Keener is like that for me now. His voice is so unique that he will pop up randomly in other games, usually as a small role, and is instantly recognizable.

I finished the trilogy tonight. Holy sh*t, what a great series of games it was. Remember my first experience with the game on PS3, I am so happy I gave it another shot. I will most definitely go back to finish side quests and play the DLC but this time around I wanted to mainly focus on the main storylines. I want to play GTA and Skyrim when those are released on PS5 but will definitely have Mass Effect as one of my go to games in the future. Really fun games.

You are in for a treat when you play The Citadel DLC for the first time. It is one of/if not the greatest DLC for any game. It is right up there with Blood and Wine from The Witcher 3 IMO.

She's absolutely brilliant in The Expanse which you would surely appreciate as a sci-fi lover.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back