Multiplat Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3 plus DLC out in Autumn 2021.

Can't freakin wait. I have been longing for a remaster of ME:1 with better gameplay. As someone that likes to snipe, I am praying they put the Black Widow in 1 and 2 as well. It is easily my favourite weapon.

They have also started development on the next game in the series but it is in the very early stages so there is no news on that.

Are they actually updating the gameplay and combat in ME1? I see no mention of it, only graphical upgrades.

That's probably the make or break point for me. Super keen for this if they do that though.

Are they actually updating the gameplay and combat in ME1? I see no mention of it, only graphical upgrades.

That's probably the make or break point for me. Super keen for this if they do that though.
Combat surely gets a lick, its always been the problem when you go back and play 1. 2 and 3 hold up relatively well

You would think so. Going back to it now it doesn't feel anywhere near as smooth as 2 and 3. I would also expect the combat on those to get a bit of a touch up as well to bring them up to modern-day standards.

Give me ME1 remastered with ray tracing

BQ61P_ACQAE87pv.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please be true. Unless the actual truth is we get this earlier than that.
It should be. it was supposed to be late October lastyear. but Covid and they wanted to put more work into ME1 like updating the mechanics.

Ask and you shall receive.

Awesome. I never played any of the originals so are definitely going to play these. Not sure if I will make it through three games on one disc though. Tempted to just play 3 if it is the best / most modern one. Will depend on the reviews and how much work they have put into the remasters.

Awesome. I never played any of the originals so are definitely going to play these. Not sure if I will make it through three games on one disc though. Tempted to just play 3 if it is the best / most modern one. Will depend on the reviews and how much work they have put into the remasters.
A lot of 3's impact comes from the first two imo. If it is just a graphical thing, I suggest powering through 1's story then really getting into 2. 2 and 3's combat is similar enough but 1's combat/upgrades/skills are very different. But the world and story is what you play Mass Effect for

A lot of 3's impact comes from the first two imo. If it is just a graphical thing, I suggest powering through 1's story then really getting into 2. 2 and 3's combat is similar enough but 1's combat/upgrades/skills are very different. But the world and story is what you play Mass Effect for
You can play 2 without 1 easily. i played on PS3 where the first games wasnt released on PS3 till a 6months after ME3.

and 2 has the shadowbroker DLC. 2 might be one of my all time favorite games, even with some of the jank on insanity like the final boss.

ME3 had a fun co-op horde mode but wont be included. I wonder if the omni blade and grenades will be added to the first 2 games

Might depend on the time commitment. I might play a few hours of the first one to get the feel, watch the story on you tube and straight into 2 then.

You can play 2 without 1 easily.
It isn't the same. And from memory a lot of the major decisions in ME1 are made for you going into ME2 without a particular DLC. I know someone who missed out on playing 1 and never heard of Wrex before. Which is a massive shame

Might depend on the time commitment. I might play a few hours of the first one to get the feel, watch the story on you tube and straight into 2 then.
From memory you can complete ME1's story with only like a few important side quests in like 10 hours. Like some characters you meet in side missions come up again in 2 and 3 which is fun and 3 off the top of my head are as important as story missions.

It isn't the same. And from memory a lot of the major decisions in ME1 are made for you going into ME2 without a particular DLC. I know someone who missed out on playing 1 and never heard of Wrex before. Which is a massive shame
ME2 had a little prologue where you picked the choices you would of made in the first. like Kaiden/Ashley and a few others from the first game.

ive only played the first game once, but the 2 a bunch and played 3 a couple of times.

ME2 had a little prologue where you picked the choices you would of made in the first. like Kaiden/Ashley and a few others from the first game.

ive only played the first game once, but the 2 a bunch and played 3 a couple of times.
That's the DLC I was talking about. It was originally only on the PS3 version (I had Xbox so never saw it)

ME3 is generally considered the weakest, even if it will be the most polished. IMO you'll be crazy not to start from the first game if it scrubs up pretty well. The whole trilogy is one of the greatest space operas ever and you'll definitely need context for lots of story stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back