Multiplat Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm sure others have seen this by now but I was watching this on lunch today and thought the info pretty good if anyone is keen. They got to watch a hands on demo (hands off demo?) and want to stress it's a remaster, not a remake like RE2. They used AI to upscale existing textures as well as hand touched a lot of things. They did not want to port it from Unreal Engine 3 to 4 because 1. it would be a lot of work, 2. the game would change too much, and 3. Unreal 5 is around the corner.

There is other stuff too but that was the most pertinent.

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Juve, Claremont, GSW
Shame there isn't a PS5 version as I would much prefer to play it on the console.
Understand why they didn't I guess.
I know you can play the PS4 version on it though, guess I'll see what information comes out and decide from there.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
I'm sure others have seen this by now but I was watching this on lunch today and thought the info pretty good if anyone is keen. They got to watch a hands on demo (hands off demo?) and want to stress it's a remaster, not a remake like RE2. They used AI to upscale existing textures as well as hand touched a lot of things. They did not want to port it from Unreal Engine 3 to 4 because 1. it would be a lot of work, 2. the game would change too much, and 3. Unreal 5 is around the corner.

There is other stuff too but that was the most pertinent.

Question - was Demons Souls a remake or a remaster? If it's at that standard then they will be fine.

Last edited:

thefendoff

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
your chest
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
From what I can tell it will be one of the better remasters, people will be disappointed it’s not a remake tho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Hope they don't rush the release of this. Potential to be one of the best remasters ever

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
I'm planning to finally play Mass Effect with this remaster. have never played it after all these years and also have never been spoiled. pretty excited to give it a go! I was a huge player of Bioware's earlier games and based on reviews at least it seems like Mass Effect continued their good streak before their bad streak started lol

I'm planning to finally play Mass Effect with this remaster. have never played it after all these years and also have never been spoiled. pretty excited to give it a go! I was a huge player of Bioware's earlier games and based on reviews at least it seems like Mass Effect continued their good streak before their bad streak started lol
When you play, please post your on-going thoughts if you enjoy it enough

IMO Mass Effect is the cream of the crop for Bioware. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Mar 28, 2006
POLICE STATE
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did they fix the inventory system for ME1?

Does the Mako still drive like a POS?

ME1 had the best story but had gameplay issues.
ME2 established deeper characters improved, gameplay - but the main story shat the bed.
ME3 best gameplay - forgettable story.

ME2 established deeper characters improved, gameplay - but the main story shat the bed.

Dunno about the inventory but they have said that they have worked on the mako.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears

The inventory is more or less the same

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
I'm really excited for this. I never played any of the ME games - I was slow to be interested in them, and then spent the entirety of the last generation hearing rumours that a remastered trilogy was "coming soon" and trying to wait it out. It's finally (almost) time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back