Multiplat Mass Effect Trilogy

Remove this Banner Ad

If you like Action RPG's then yes you should. For me this is the best new IP this gen, it cops a lot of flack for being cheesy and the end of the trilogy disappointed a lot of people but the characters and story are so memorable.

Be warned though that the first game hasn't aged very well from a combat perspective. It feels very clunky, but it's serviceable. If you can get through that initial awkwardness with the controls you will have a very rewarding experience.

Same boat as OP. Haven't played any of them. Was recommended to wait for this being released, depending on the price i might give it a go.

Although to be fair i don't really know much about it. I'm not into fantasy type games with pink and blue lasers and weird looking creatures....... But i like the RPG element to it.....

If you do I suggest doing at least 2 play throughs, 1 paragon and 1 renegade. With 1 of those being as femshep. Jennifer Hale's voice acting as Shepard is great.

The ME universe and lore is the most finely crafted, thoroughly detailed out of any game I've seen. The amount of effort they put into creating that world, nothing but respect for that. I thought the gameplay was merely adequate at best, and the whole "choices matter" deal was heavily exaggerated though.

Worth noting that I've only played ME2 and personally dislike 'pew pew' guns.

If you do I suggest doing at least 2 play throughs, 1 paragon and 1 renegade. With 1 of those being as femshep. Jennifer Hale's voice acting as Shepard is great.

Two things

a) That's a bloody long time to devote, that's six playthroughs of the same franchise or were you talking one game in particular?

b) The same Jennifer Hale who voiced E.E & Naomi Hunter in the MGS series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two things

a) That's a bloody long time to devote, that's six playthroughs of the same franchise or were you talking one game in particular?

b) The same Jennifer Hale who voiced E.E & Naomi Hunter in the MGS series.

Yeah, I meant a full play through of each game doing both Renegade and Paragon, so you could do a Paragon Male Shepard and a Renegade Femshep. Obviously it will take some time, but in my opinion the story is worth it. One other thing from me own personal experience on the first Mass Effect game is the while the controls are clunky, the story carries it through.

Had to look up Jennifer Hale on Wikipedia as I haven't played the MGS series, but yes it is the same person.

Although to be fair i don't really know much about it. I'm not into fantasy type games with pink and blue lasers and weird looking creatures....... But i like the RPG element to it.....

What do you mean by pink and blue lasers?

As to the OP, great game and great storyline

Just before Christmas I picked up ME2 second hand for the PS3 ($15) and absolutely loved it.

I did 2 ME2 play throughs one as a male infiltrator neither renegade or paragon and one as a male renegade adept.

After that I decided I needed the Trilogy and finished ME1 as a female paragon infiltrator that I'm going to play through the whole trilogy.

ME2 is phenomenon all, ME1 I found the controls a bit clunky and wasted hours with the stupid decrypt (it's impossible on PS3) but when I decided to ignore that and play the major plot missions I loved it. I thought that the side missions weren't great but the main story/missions are superb.

Already into my third play through of ME2 and already it's very different playing an imported ME1 character as the ME1 history comes out.

Without having played ME3 at all yet I'd say the trilogy is a must buy for anyone into kick arse space opera rpg/combat games.

ME2 is phenomenon all, ME1 I found the controls a bit clunky and wasted hours with the stupid decrypt (it's impossible on PS3)

What's different on PS3?

Played a ME1 playthrough over the holidays on 360.

Is it still like this?

images

What's different on PS3?

Played a ME1 playthrough over the holidays on 360.

Is it still like this?

images
Yes but impossibly fast. Plenty of info on gaming forums that verify that it's MUCH harder on PS3 than other platforms. In the end it didn't matter as long as you junked superfluous gear for omni gel.

It's only the decrypting where the issue lies. Acessing probes, defusing a nuke and surveying minerals were fine.

Yes but impossibly fast. Plenty of info on gaming forums that verify that it's MUCH harder on PS3 than other platforms. In the end it didn't matter as long as you junked superfluous gear for omni gel.

It's only the decrypting where the issue lies. Acessing probes, defusing a nuke and surveying minerals were fine.

Ahh sounds like it needs a patch. You've summed up me1, great main story average side missions. Did you enjoy the last mission on ME1?

Ahh sounds like it needs a patch. You've summed up me1, great main story average side missions. Did you enjoy the last mission on ME1?

I did enjoy it but didn't think it was the toughest fight in the game.

And I didn't think the final fight in ME2 was the toughest either (but I want to make it, save my whole crew with nobody dieing on the final mission).

ME2 is a rollicking roller coaster of a game, like a great action movie. One of the best games I've ever played. ME1 is very good but a notch below ME2.

Mmm... Sounds impressive so I decided to go out and buy it today, No dice! JB, EB games, Big W, K-Mart none of the stores I went to had the trilogy, tried on-line auzgamer don't supply the PS3 version, Ozgames out of stock.

I'll try my luck again next week.

Mmm... Sounds impressive so I decided to go out and buy it today, No dice! JB, EB games, Big W, K-Mart none of the stores I went to had the trilogy, tried on-line auzgamer don't supply the PS3 version, Ozgames out of stock.

I'll try my luck again next week.
Try a stock search on the EB Games website if you're buying from them and then give the shop a call just to make sure before going in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back