Rumour Mass exodus at the saints

Remove this Banner Ad

LeGresham

Debutant
Jun 15, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Rumor has it that there are a bunch of St Kilda players who are (rightfully) displeased with the club.

Mostly it sounds as though this problem could be resolved if it was cut off at the head ie richo.
It seems a few of them have said to the club it is them or richo

So if richo stays it seems a bunch of young players and possibly jack steven want out.

The rumors right now are:
Billings wants out if richo stays and he wants to become a bomber :sick: this would be a cruel blow to many saints fans who saw in 2017 how good this guy could be with some confidence and improved goal kicking

Acres is unhappy that richo constantly plays him out of position (he should be a mid who rests forward) and wants to go home to Perth. A lot of saints fans over rate this guy but he really could be a great mid with some x factor if he fulfills his potential

Luke dunstan (an SA native) is unhappy and wants more opportunities so is looking elsewhere. At his best luke has been great but that has been far too uncommon. More often he is a slow mid who is absolutely terrible by foot and kills momentum with outrageous turnovers

Paddy Mccartin home to geelong rumors have been around for a while and still are. This would be dissapointing. Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe he will never be any good. But maybe he will. He has occasionally shown glimpses but is fat and not a great kick at goal

It seems every year gws go after gresham and he is having a tough time thinking of reasons to say no. This would be the nail in the coffin for many saints fans and i think the club, while totally incompetent, is aware of that and will not let this one happen.

Aaannnddd jack steele. Not happy with the club (richo) and wants out. Unlike the others i believe steele is out of contract. Like many he is played out of position a lot but when given a job in the middle of the ground against a top quality player he has been fantastic. A tackling machine who can stem an opposition stars impact and hurt them by winning plenty of ball and scoring. I think an under rated talent and sadly one of the guys who i think is likely to leave

Maybe the worst rumor....jack steven wants to leave for a more successful future... in brisbane. We are that bad i suppose

Jack Lonie is also out of contract and apparently after playing a couple of good games late in the season thinks he can demand a bigger contract than the saints are offering so is looking elsewhere! Good luck to him

So, almost all of st kildas players who look like having any future want out. Not sure if other clubs are interested but most of those players would be deflating losses as a saints fan

Edit: i have been corrected and jack steele is contracted to 2020

Last edited:

Elvis

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins, LFC, NY Rangers
Jack Billings to Essendon rumour comes every year. Apparently as a kid he was a mad keen supporter, and his family are connected somehow to the club. But every year, nothing comes of it. I'm sure the upcoming trade period will wind up the same

Jack Billings to Essendon rumour comes every year. Apparently as a kid he was a mad keen supporter, and his family are connected somehow to the club. But every year, nothing comes of it. I'm sure the upcoming trade period will wind up the same
His parents are Essendon coterie members I believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
No idea if true obviously but:
Billings - mid teens pick, lot of talent, absolutely worth a punt
Steven - late first, sort of player you would prefer to get as a FA though. Good but inconsistent and taggable and will play next as a 29 year old - so not much time to fix issues. Would be a contending club to bother taking him
Acres - low to mid 20s. Loses value if he wants to go home to WA as limits options
Dunstan - very limited ceiling but would be confident he could be a Curnow/Greenwood/Lyons type limited contributor - solid best 22 but not your star. Value would vary depending on needs for each club - pick in 30s likely
Lonie - not worth the scum of my shower

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Steele would be the big one, after his battle with Cripps this year I`d love seeing him as Cripps right hand man. Would complete our inside mids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back