Current Mass shooting at Margaret River

Remove this Banner Ad

Just tragic.
Sounds like a defacto situation that has ended in the worst imaginable way.
How anyone could point a gun at a child, possibly your own child - beyond words.
Wtf!!!

Details released.

Confirmed murder suicide.

Victims are Katrina Miles and her four children, aged 8 to 13.

Unclear at the moment who the other two bodies were. Miles’ parents lived on the property.

Unsure if the shooter was one of them, or if he was found elsewhere.

543fb1fbb9e8bd4c2310aaba725bad45

Police were called to the rural property at 5:15am.

Ms Miles homeschooled the four children. A month ago she claimed on Facebook: “My ex does not stop stalking me”.

So are there 7 dead or 8? Where is the “deranged partner”? Or was the killer one of the 7 mentioned?

Yeah it’s not exactly clear. It said 7 were found dead, so you assume the killer is one of them. Four children and the mother are confirmed victims. Presumably there’s one other victim, but it doesn’t specify who.

So one of the grandparents?
I just read the latest article from the Western Australian. It shows a picture of the 4 kids with their mother & headshot of the grandmother. It also states that both grandparents are deceased. So I guess it's looking like the grandfather could be the killer? Surely not...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

So they think it’s either the mother or one of the Grand Parents? Any of those outcomes is absolutely terrible...:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shootings happened around 4am and a man called Triple 0 after 5am to report it.

Did the mother do it? I can't see that being the case, even if to stop the harassment from her ex. Too much of a coincidence if she did it then the ex just happens to turn up at the property right after it happened and called the police. Why would he visit at 5am, especially when it seems she wanted nothing to do with him?

Mother: Katrina Miles
Grandparents: Peter and Cynda Miles
Children (all autistic): Taye Cockman, 13; Ryan Cockman, 11; Arye Cockman, 10; Kadyn Cockman, 8

Last edited:
The Australian is reporting the grandfather did it!

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...a/news-story/d208efd6c68132531cefe11582c0934b

Maybe the ex was on the scene! Perhaps his actions (hanging around the property) was the catalyst for the shooting. "Police sources report that Mr Cockman, who is still alive, was not involved in the crime." They also report that the 000 call was 'recorded' and sent by the killer (Peter Miles).

The massacre came after weeks of tension between Ms Miles and her ex-husband Aaron Cockman. On the morning of April 23, Ms Miles told friends on Facebook that Mr Cockman had parked overnight outside her property and remained there after being asked to leave. “Despite four years passing … him agreeing to our kids being homeschooled … my Ex does not stop stalking and harassing me,” she wrote.

“I’ve been told to not cause conflict in front of my kids but my family shouldn’t have to spend their Sunday night dealing with this. He stayed overnight, parked on the side of the road, opposite our top corner boundary; spoke to my kids via phone about 5pm to inform us, he was asked to leave but was still there at 7am. I am not an isolated young wife anymore. If anyone sees his van parked on Osmington Rd please call the ranger to move him on.”

In her Facebook message, Ms Miles posted a string of text messages she received from Mr Cockman the previous evening. Among them, he said: “Can I talk to the kids”; “Or are you too messed up”; “I will be here every night”.

Last edited:
Maybe when Peter Miles confessed over the phone to the police. I find it odd that reports are the phone call was ‘recorded’. Did he record a confession on his phone then replay it to 000? Did he somehow have a program that auto-dialled 000 and played his message sometime after he had already killed everyone and himself?

All 000 calls are recorded, maybe that’s what they elude to...

Neighbour heard gunshots around 4am and didn’t think much of it.

Police were called around 5am by a male presumably the Grand Father (but could have been the ex?)

Maybe when Peter Miles confessed over the phone to the police. I find it odd that reports are the phone call was ‘recorded’. Did he record a confession on his phone then replay it to 000? Did he somehow have a program that auto-dialled 000 and played his message sometime after he had already killed everyone and himself?

I think you've misinterpreted this. It means the police recorded the call, as they do with every 000 call.

So grandfather (Peter Miles) is the killer

Aaron Cockman is the stalker

The massacre came after weeks of tension between Ms Miles and her ex-husband Aaron Cockman. On the morning of April 23, Ms Miles told friends on Facebook that Mr Cockman had parked overnight outside her property and remained there after being asked to leave.

The father of the children would park outside the property for days.

The grandfather has killed the whole family so Aaron Cockman would leave them alone.

Well that worked...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back