Current Mass Shooting at Prague's Charles University

Remove this Banner Ad

Butters and Pepper

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
* Another mass shooting, this one in Europe (Prague), 14 dead.

A gunman has shot dead 14 people and injured another 25 at a university in Prague, officials say, in the deadliest attack in modern Czech history.
Police say the 24-year-old gunman was also "eliminated" following the shooting at Charles University in the historic centre of the capital.

At a briefing on Thursday evening, the country's police chief and the interior minister said the gunman had been a student at the faculty.

They said he was from a village 21km (13 miles) outside Prague. The suspect's father had been found dead earlier on Thursday. The gunman's motives were not immediately known.

The police said they were also working on the theory that the gunman may have been responsible for the deaths of two people last week in a forest near Prague.

Last edited by a moderator:
It reads like the tower shooting at Texas University, Austin back in the 60s.

14 dead and 31 wounded in that one, almost exactly the same numbers as in this one.

There is a movie starring Kurt Russell, called The Deadly Tower about the Texas one.

I was thinking about what this reminded me of, Charles Whitman. Very similar.

A lone gunman has opened fire in a university building in downtown Prague, killing at least 14 people and injuring more than 20 in Czechia's worst mass shooting.

Authorities in Czechia, formerly known as the Czech Republic, warned that the death toll could rise.

The gunman, thought to be a David Kozak is dead.

I was thinking about what this reminded me of, Charles Whitman. Very similar.
Kinky Friedman wrote a song about it. Mostly accurate but doesn't mention Charles butchered his wife and mother before going to the Uni, which is similar to the Prague shooter.

One of the Youtube comments is interesting, though I would disagree a bit about his brain tumour, it may well have contributed to his behaviour:
'
....Although with a lot of inaccuracies, this is a tremendous tune, and social commentary. And- Whitman was a shitbird Marine. He was popped in the Corps for being a loan shark, and he completely ****ed up his scholarship to U.T., so bad that he was reactivated and had to finish his enlistment. He poached deer and welshed on gambling debts, to some pretty heavy people. Had he not pulled his mass shooting stunt he would have been murdered, no question about it. He had a speed habit at a time when amphetamine was legal and easy to get. I lived for years across from the house on Jewel Street in Austin where he stabbed his inoffensive wife to death. I met the fool of a mailman who walked in on him sawing down his shotgun That Day, and who did not call the cops. (Chester Arrington) His tumor had no effect on his brain although it certainly did not help. Whitman was from Florida and he was a heartless coward. All praise to Houston McCoy and Ramiro Martinez for killing this waste of oxygen.'

A week ago a father and baby were found dead in a forest. That's sad too.

Police said they had unconfirmed information from a social media account that the attack had been inspired by a similar incident in Russia, though did not provide further details.
They said the gunman was also suspected in the killing of a young man and his two-month-old daughter who were found dead in a forest on the outskirts of Prague on 15 December.

Russia has seen several school shootings in recent years.
In 2018, an 18-year-old student killed 20 people, mostly fellow pupils, in a mass shooting at a college in Russian-occupied Crimea, which Moscow seized from Ukraine in 2014.
In September last year, a gunman with a swastika on his T-shirt killed 15 people, including 11 children, and wounded 24 at a school in Izhevsk where he had once been a pupil, and then committed suicide, investigators said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back