Massage, post training recovery etc

RU_

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just bumping this. Changed massage practionier for one who only does strength training clients, figured they are going to know their way around those sorts of niggles a lot better than my old prac.

Squats have been absolutely ruining my hip flexors, the moment I do one it has me shot for the session, anyway; tonight they did a release through my stomach that was basically the same as this:
I tell you what, **** it hurt while it was happening but there was almost immediate relief in the hips.

They also told me the poor news that I have one of the worst ROM’s they have seen in a client for the hip area so that needs to be addressed, as it’s saying something when they only do strength based clients :D. I’m getting there with the core strength work though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Just bumping this. Changed massage practionier for one who only does strength training clients, figured they are going to know their way around those sorts of niggles a lot better than my old prac.

Squats have been absolutely ruining my hip flexors, the moment I do one it has me shot for the session, anyway; tonight they did a release through my stomach that was basically the same as this:
I tell you what, **** it hurt while it was happening but there was almost immediate relief in the hips.

They also told me the poor news that I have one of the worst ROM’s they have seen in a client for the hip area so that needs to be addressed, as it’s saying something when they only do strength based clients :D. I’m getting there with the core strength work though!
Good timing cos the psoas debate just blew up in social media circles haha (need sound on).
Also, that guy is incorrect when he says the psoas and iliacus function as a singular muscle. Psoas is believed to be an important spinal stabiliser whereas iliacus can’t perform that role due to attachments.

RU_

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I couldn’t care what that page says to be truthful, whatever they did through my stomch has helped my hip flexors dramatically already!

It is a funny argument happening on that post though!

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, The Exers
Moderator #29
I've been taking a tennis ball to the gym on leg days (Monday and Thursday) and using it on the hips and glutes.
PT comes out about 40 minutes into my session and tosses a cricket ball at me to use I swap the tennis ball out and by god it was painful. I'm sure he only did it to laugh at my facial expressions far more than any concern about health and fitness.
Gave the regulars a good chuckle - think I will upgrade from the tennis ball though, might hunt around for a lacrosse ball today. Definitely feel the difference afterwards (tend to use it 3 times during the session)

RU_

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've been taking a tennis ball to the gym on leg days (Monday and Thursday) and using it on the hips and glutes.
PT comes out about 40 minutes into my session and tosses a cricket ball at me to use I swap the tennis ball out and by god it was painful. I'm sure he only did it to laugh at my facial expressions far more than any concern about health and fitness.
Gave the regulars a good chuckle - think I will upgrade from the tennis ball though, might hunt around for a lacrosse ball today. Definitely feel the difference afterwards (tend to use it 3 times during the session)
Yeah I bought a trigger point ball, **** me it hurts.

Top Bottom