The Law Nicola Gobbo named - Massive corruption by Victoria Police that will see major criminals released from jail

Remove this Banner Ad

He was found guilty of two counts of trafficking a large commercial quantity of ecstasy and methylamphetamine and one count of inciting to import a commercial quantity of ecstasy.

Yeah...........and?

I can't possibly be pro-legalisation then support incarceration of the supply side can I?

It's not as if any of these individuals created the market or that there was a significant drop off after they were incarcerated.

Yeah...........and?

I can't possibly be pro-legalisation then support incarceration of the supply side can I?

It's not as if any of these individuals created the market or that there was a significant drop off after they were incarcerated.
I'm generally pro legalisation too. However, the fact is Fat Tony broke the law as it stands.

I'm generally pro legalisation too. However, the fact is Fat Tony broke the law as it stands.

Actually mate, it remains to be seen whether that is a "fact" according to law.

As we speak, it is.

As we speak, it's subject to appeal, and if you have been following me in this thread then you will understand that I am very confident their appeals will get up.

As we speak, it's subject to appeal, and if you have been following me in this thread then you will understand that I am very confident their appeals will get up.
Mate, we may well be on the same page regarding the likelihood of his - and possibly others - findings being quashed or new trials ordered. The latter being the most likely I reckon. But as we speak he remains in the jug because the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal found against him.

Just quietly Tony's drugs were bloody fantastic quality, hopefully he's back on the streets soon! We've missed you Tones!

Mokbel knew the business - high quality gear, at a price point that made taking lots possible, which meant enough cash flow to buy off whoever caused problems, as nothing is worse for the drug business than murders dragging in police attention.

William's hitting the crack pipe which made him burn with revenge for the Morans shooting him stuffed Tony.

Rubbish.

You’re not guilty cos you’re guilty.

You’re guilty because you’re proven guilty in a court of law.

In a court of law, everybody - including you - has the right to a defence.

If your defence is working with police, you’re not actually getting a true defence.

If anybody walks free due to this, they’ll thoroughly deserve to.
They probably wont, also many of these people pleaded guilty .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mokbel knew the business - high quality gear, at a price point that made taking lots possible, which meant enough cash flow to buy off whoever caused problems, as nothing is worse for the drug business than murders dragging in police attention.

William's hitting the crack pipe which made him burn with revenge for the Morans shooting him stuffed Tony.
Williams had a handy little business going pressing pills for the Morans until he got greedy and started cutting their lunch. Allegedly.

Williams was the root cause of the gangland wars.

Williams had a handy little business going pressing pills for the Morans until he got greedy and started cutting their lunch. Allegedly.

Williams was the root cause of the gangland wars.

Yep, greed.

Can still be appealed. Noel Ashby (I think) or someone appealed a guilty verdict from a plea and the slate was wiped.
Yes but the flip side is you could end up with a longer sentence, because they pleaded guilty they got a discount

They will want to test it out with a low risk case first

Yes but the flip side is you could end up with a longer sentence, because they pleaded guilty they got a discount

They will want to test it out with a low risk case first

This isn't your run of the mill appeal scenario.

Interesting timing. ;)

Victims of Crime Commissioner and former Police Association secretary Greg Davies announces he has quit. “You always like to think you could have achieved more, and I would like to have achieved more than we have.”

DuVEh4sU8AAs9Yf.jpg

Perhaps but evidence later found to be from a tainted source has plenty of history.

Yes, I am familiar with section 138 of the Evidence Act, Brown & Dunning etc.

This is very different.

Interesting timing. ;)

Victims of Crime Commissioner and former Police Association secretary Greg Davies announces he has quit. “You always like to think you could have achieved more, and I would like to have achieved more than we have.”

DuVEh4sU8AAs9Yf.jpg
His contract was up in a couple months anyway

Why on what basis are they going to challenge it?

IMO, I reckon this will get shut down once the government case manage the scenario. They don't want this coming out in to a public forum. I believe the Attorney General has the power to release people upon issuing instructions. I suspect the solution will be political, not judicial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back