It wasn’t a miracle at all. It was a damn good win.The players were cooked towards the end of 2013. Huge pre season under Burgess, they were running on fumes the last 2-3 games of the year. Miracle we beat Collingwood in that final.
Final game at West Lakes, wearing PB’s and against Carlton!Help me out Bigfooty Port fans. I want a list of games that the club has had under the Hinkley era that has been on the big stage, national coverage, big game can set up the season or advancing in the finals and the Nice Flakey Hinkley (NFH) approach sees us fail. Sometimes it ends up a close loss, but most times it is an embarrassing loss.
1. 2021 PF at AO v Bulldogs smashed by 71 pts flakey from first bounce, when the odds were stacked all in our favour.
2. 2020 Rd 12 at Carrara v Geelong smashed by 60 pts 4 goals to 14 in shortened qtrs, Port 1st v Geelong 3rd.
3. 2019 Rd 22 at Docklands v North smashed by 86 pts, flakey start, Port had to win to make finals, North were 14th.
4. 2019 R7 at Docklands v Collingwood Friday night 0.3 to 7.6 1st quarter, game over and lose by 39 pts. Ladder after 6 games was Gee 5 wins, 7 teams inc Port and Collingwood had 4 wins
5. 2017 EF at AO v WCE, lost in overtime but flakey start and 10 minutes into the 2nd quarter of a home EF, the score is 13 v 41.
I will add more later and edit and add those posted by others.
Indeed the terror attack by Sutcliffe on Neale is a monty for your list RussellEbertHandballPort v western bulldogs a couple years ago on wet rainy at Adelaide oval. I think it was 2019. Port v Brisbane at Adelaide oval. I think it was 2019. We were going to terrorise Lachie Neale.
No current season stats available
No. Its just fact. We ran out of steam the last part of 2013. That is where any excuses stop though.It wasn’t a miracle at all. It was a damn good win.
As for Geelong we were four goals up at half time. Could’ve turned it around again in the last quarter but for an umpiring decision against Bobby Carlile.
Mate, I know you bleed Port Adelaide. It’s difficult to understand why you come out with detritus like this.
Hinkley pays you extra per chip?
We still could’ve beaten Geelong if Hinkley had coached positively. Would’ve been gassed in the prelim you would expect. But everyone was expecting the Dogs to be gassed vs us last Saturday. Get seven goals ahead and suddenly it’s the other side that’s gassed … if it’s coached by Hinkley.No. Its just fact. We ran out of steam the last part of 2013. That is where any excuses stop though.