Resource Massive expectation game - sh*t on the liver delivered, list of games

The players were cooked towards the end of 2013. Huge pre season under Burgess, they were running on fumes the last 2-3 games of the year. Miracle we beat Collingwood in that final.

Mar 22, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Carolina Panther's
Round 12 2015 against that years wooden spooners Carlton, should’ve smashed them and would’ve made finals if we did. 2015 really felt like one of those years where all we had to do was make finals and regardless of the position would’ve done some huge damage

Cockle Diver

Debutant
Apr 18, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Port v western bulldogs a couple years ago on wet rainy at Adelaide oval. I think it was 2019. Port v Brisbane at Adelaide oval. I think it was 2019. We were going to terrorise Lachie Neale.

The players were cooked towards the end of 2013. Huge pre season under Burgess, they were running on fumes the last 2-3 games of the year. Miracle we beat Collingwood in that final.

It wasn’t a miracle at all. It was a damn good win.

As for Geelong we were four goals up at half time. Could’ve turned it around again in the last quarter but for an umpiring decision against Bobby Carlile.

Mate, I know you bleed Port Adelaide. It’s difficult to understand why you come out with detritus like this.

Hinkley pays you extra per chip?

Help me out Bigfooty Port fans. I want a list of games that the club has had under the Hinkley era that has been on the big stage, national coverage, big game can set up the season or advancing in the finals and the Nice Flakey Hinkley (NFH) approach sees us fail. Sometimes it ends up a close loss, but most times it is an embarrassing loss.

1. 2021 PF at AO v Bulldogs smashed by 71 pts flakey from first bounce, when the odds were stacked all in our favour.
2. 2020 Rd 12 at Carrara v Geelong smashed by 60 pts 4 goals to 14 in shortened qtrs, Port 1st v Geelong 3rd.
3. 2019 Rd 22 at Docklands v North smashed by 86 pts, flakey start, Port had to win to make finals, North were 14th.
4. 2019 R7 at Docklands v Collingwood Friday night 0.3 to 7.6 1st quarter, game over and lose by 39 pts. Ladder after 6 games was Gee 5 wins, 7 teams inc Port and Collingwood had 4 wins
5. 2017 EF at AO v WCE, lost in overtime but flakey start and 10 minutes into the 2nd quarter of a home EF, the score is 13 v 41.

I will add more later and edit and add those posted by others.
Final game at West Lakes, wearing PB’s and against Carlton!
Broadbent or O’Shea hit the post!

Port v western bulldogs a couple years ago on wet rainy at Adelaide oval. I think it was 2019. Port v Brisbane at Adelaide oval. I think it was 2019. We were going to terrorise Lachie Neale.
Indeed the terror attack by Sutcliffe on Neale is a monty for your list RussellEbertHandball

It stands out for all sorts of reasons.

Seven goals to zero first quarter = 2021 prelim final in both pre-match absolute coaching ineptitude and result.

Lefti93

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, AEK FC
2016 round 2, vs Adelaide. I know we lost Schulz leading into that game, but it was no excuse. Realising it was another wasted season 5 mins into the second quarter that day was quite damning.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The game where we were going to terrorise Lachie Neale except brisbane kicked about the first 7 goals of the match.

There's probably a couple of different sections for this.

Prime time, big expectations:
2014 v Essendon - The Loud'o'meter game. 4.14 at 3/4 time, lose by 2 points against an injury riddled Essendon
2014 v Sydney - The Buddy push game. Kick 7.16 and lose by 4 goals in front of 50,000
2015 v Sydney - The Farris game. Sat night, 50,000, never in it, lose by 48
2015 v West Coast - Dominate all statistical categories except the scoreboard. Lose by 10
2015 v Geelong - Friday night, Dominated early but fell in a hole. Broke the AFL record for out on the fulls.
2015 v Adelaide - The Walsh Showdown. Never in it, come back late, lost by under a kick.
2016 v Geelong - Saturday night prime time. Never in it.
2017 v West Coast - 68 inside 50s to 39 and we lost by 10. How?
2017 v Geelong - Thursday night prime time. Dixon takes too long. We lose in the last 10 seconds to Dangerfield.
2017 v Essendon - Friday night prime time. Lose by 70. Yuck.
2017 v West Coast - Elim Final. Start like s**t. Work our way into it. Get in front multiple times and blow it.
2018 v Geelong - Saturday night prime time. Lose by 30. never in it. Thomas knocks out Selwood.
2018 v Adelaide - Jenkins "hits the post". Wines has a shot to seal it and misses everything. Disaster
2018 v West Coast - Another loss after the siren after Aidyn Johnson tags McGovern.
2019 v Collingwood - Prime time. Never in it
2019 v North - Prime time. Smashed. Brown kicks 10
2020 v Brisbane - Prime time. Never in it
2020 v St Kilda - Prime time. Collapse in the last
2020 v Geelong - Prime time. Never in it.
2021 v West Coast - Prime time. Never in it
2021 v Brisbane - Prime time. Never in it
2021 v Geelong - Thursday night football. Collapse in the last
2021 v Melbourne - Thursday night football. Never in it
2021 v Bulldogs - Prelim. Never in it.

s**t opposition, no excuse for losing:
2015 v Brisbane - Won 4 of their last 28 games. Beat by 113 the last time we played. Lost by 37. Bris didnt win for another 12 games. Disaster
2015 v Carlton - Won 2 of their last 21 games. The Simpson 'touched' game. Bryce knocks Robbie out. 5 goals down, late comeback, lost by 4 points. Disaster
2016 v Carlton - Lost by 2 points away. O'Shea running into an open 50 handballs behind him to a carlton player. Cheers stooge
2016 v Fremantle - Won 4 of their last 25 games. 2-10 heading into this. Doogs does his knee. Some no name knocks Robbie out. Never looked like winning
2018 v Fremantle - Lose to an injury riddled Freo away to solidify 3rd spot whilst we were 11-4. Beginning of the end.

It wasn’t a miracle at all. It was a damn good win.

As for Geelong we were four goals up at half time. Could’ve turned it around again in the last quarter but for an umpiring decision against Bobby Carlile.

Mate, I know you bleed Port Adelaide. It’s difficult to understand why you come out with detritus like this.

Hinkley pays you extra per chip?

No. Its just fact. We ran out of steam the last part of 2013. That is where any excuses stop though.

Jan 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
2014 round 19 v Collingwood
After being 10 wins 1 loss, port were coming into the game 2 wins 4 losses in the past 6 games. Pressure was on and had to win. At the 11th minute mark of the last quarter we were 1 point in front. Ending up losing by a goal.

Collingwood did not play finals in 2014.

No. Its just fact. We ran out of steam the last part of 2013. That is where any excuses stop though.
We still could’ve beaten Geelong if Hinkley had coached positively. Would’ve been gassed in the prelim you would expect. But everyone was expecting the Dogs to be gassed vs us last Saturday. Get seven goals ahead and suddenly it’s the other side that’s gassed … if it’s coached by Hinkley.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
2017 again. The showdown. Round 20. They're top of the ladder, win and were in the top 4. 10 scoring shots to 2 first term but they only lead by 8 behinds. No matter, they have 40 scoring shots for the game to win by 15 goals. Was this the game it was pissing wet too? Probably equivalent to a 25 goal loss in the dry.

Whichever game it was where we smashed Geelong in the first quarter, there was a brawl at quarter time then we kicked about 1 goal for the rest of the match as they kicked about 12.

Back