MASSIVE GAME AGAINST THE TIGERS ON SUNDAY

Remove this Banner Ad

fuego

Senior List
May 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Now that the MRP have done the tigers a favour and with the chance of having patch and Drew out, along with Jack, this game is no walk in the park as some have been saying in recent times.

Richmond will be wanting to make a statement this Sunday this will be a great test for us to see if we can absorb the on slaught that will be dished up by Richmond on Sunday. If the boys can get a win against them that will go along way to taking momentum into the comming weeks.

This is a must win game, just like the games after it, we need to secure our spot in the finals and this game against a team that II think may be favorites against us on Sunday will test our metal and show us if we are up to the challenge.

Everyone keeps banging on about our depth this season and now it's time to show it.
Other teams have had large injury lists and still won games. We need to show some metal when adversity strikes.

Cunners, pedo and others need to fill the gaps if the opportunity arises.

It is a massive game indeed, win it and beat the Demons and Dogs the following 2 games as we should and all of a sudden we are 11-7. Surely from that type of position we'd make the finals.
I'm kind of hoping we that we end up needing to beat GWS in R23 in the last game of the h/a season to make it. Would be a slow agonising death for the particular team that needs GWS to beat us to stay in the top 8.
I'm just glad that our season is still alive and probably will be for the next 6-7 weeks. It's no fun whatsoever following your team and the overall competition when there is absolutely no hope.

I don't have faith in Cunnington winning the lost 20 touches Ziebell would most likely have accumulated. Someone unlikely is going to have to have a big game, I think it may be Gibson after what I saw at the Carlton game. He runs to the right spots and attacks it pretty hard, nice disposal as well and is just getting up to speed of the game.

Pedo for Petrie IF Petrie is at a 25% risk.
And for Ziebell, I'm not sure. If you want to go with a smokey to get the hard ball and clearance, slot in Greenwood.
I love when he goes in head first and launches the ball with that big snap kick of his. That is IF Petrie plays. If not, I wouldn't trust Hansen and Tarrant alone to take the big marks from a Greenwood snap. If Petrie doesn't play, perhaps put Gibson in his role? I dunno. I'm grasping at straws.

Patch and petrie should play. I still think we can get ziebs off but if we can't then cunners in.

It's a big game and we need to continue our form and keeping putting the wins on the board.
Sammy wright to run with deledio

I don't have faith in Cunnington winning the lost 20 touches Ziebell would most likely have accumulated. Someone unlikely is going to have to have a big game, I think it may be Gibson after what I saw at the Carlton game. He runs to the right spots and attacks it pretty hard, nice disposal as well and is just getting up to speed of the game.

Gibbo finding his role more comfortably with each game.

Am I alone is thinking he has a big tank? With all the recent excitement I have not been totally focused on our new addition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time we played Richmond with no Ziebell, Greenwood or Wells we had Cunnington rack up 22 disposals and 9 tackles.

Lets wait and see who is in and who is out.

Last time we played Richmond with no Ziebell, Greenwood or Wells we had Cunnington rack up 22 disposals and 9 tackles.

Lets wait and see who is in and who is out.
but that wasn't an "elimination final" like this could be, that was the last h&a game with NM proving a bit more than Richmond did.
I really hope NM gets up this week and makes the 8, although it may be at the expense of my team. Would like to see NM in action in September, so I hope they use this game at the G, away from the protected atmosphere of indoor Etihad, as a prelude to September footy.

but that wasn't an "elimination final" like this could be, that was the last h&a game with NM proving a bit more than Richmond did.
I really hope NM gets up this week and makes the 8, although it may be at the expense of my team. Would like to see NM in action in September, so I hope they use this game at the G, away from the protected atmosphere of indoor Etihad, as a prelude to September footy.
Cheers mate.

Although I don't believe in all the "Playing away from Etihad" discussion. Footy is footy, posts on either side of the ground. We train outdoors in outdoor conditions 5 times a week. It all depends on if we are on our game, anything else is just an excuse.

Definitely, I agree. We don't really have anything really to compare it to. But I think he should be able to play Ziebell's role sufficiently, Ziebell has been solid for us, he hasn't been spectacular. If we were asking him to replace say Swallow or Wells then that would go beyond optimism.

I would like to see us play finals, especially if we continue to play good footy to the end of the season. However, we have been up for a bit and we become vulnerable to complacency, one slip up and things could turn pear shaped pretty quickly.

if it rains God help us all

Early forecast for Sunday is " 6-15. Mostly sunny. Winds north to northwesterly and light."

Although we know how useful a weather forecast in Melbourne in winter is.

Coming over from Adelaide for the game this weekend. Always seems like I jag the weekends we play Richmond! Could anyone enlighten me as to which end of the ground will be pro north? Would love for the missus to have an experience with the faithful to reaffirm the north bloodline! Cheers

Could anyone enlighten me as to which end of the ground will be pro north?

The city or Western end (especially the ground level) tales. The other end holds the Richmond CS and Grogsquad, as well as their members nearby.

Otherwise anywhere in the stands on the wings, or in the pockets, where you see North people gathering on any of the four levels.

The city or Western end (especially the ground level) tales. The other end holds the Richmond CS and Grogsquad, as well as their members nearby.

Otherwise anywhere in the stands on the wings, or in the pockets, where you see North people gathering on any of the four levels.
Much appreciated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back