Massive Ice Bust - Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

"Authorities are calling it Australia's largest seizure of ice, and the drugs – all 903 kilograms of them – were found in floorboards.

The drugs, which police say are valued at almost $900 million, were seized when a suspect shipment of floorboards from China was found in a nondescript warehouse in Melbourne's outer east. The drugs had been hidden between the wooden slats."
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/l...ory-found-in-floorboards-20170404-gvdtqh.html

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...y/news-story/ba11730fa167d72e8923c7bebccda718

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...y/news-story/1c743361fb11cdf9d41d7fe2d3350dc4

Well done Australian Federal Police and Victoria Police. What a result!

Yeah this will really stop people getting their fix :rolleyes:
Whilst not all ice is off the street, that is a considerable inconvenience at least to the criminals trafficking it. I hope it has some sort of influence on people looking to score their next hit and helped not to destroy at least one addict or family.

There was a big raid out in Bayswater I think last year which netted quite a catch. Disturbing to think about how much probably still makes it out on the streets given how many *heads you see off their faces on it in Melb / VIC.

I guess the Feds learn a lot from the blame/recriminations within the networks after a disaster like this?

Who just lost a billion dollars of investment?

The more you seize/make harsher laws, more the price goes up, more lucrative it becomes, more people willing to bring it in, more money made by criminals...never ending cycle on a stupid war that will never be won.

Only people that love the war on drugs are the Mr Bigs because it makes them richer.

The more you seize/make harsher laws, more the price goes up, more lucrative it becomes, more people willing to bring it in, more money made by criminals...never ending cycle on a stupid war that will never be won.

Only people that love the war on drugs are the Mr Bigs because it makes them richer.

Police confiscating 900 kilograms ice hurt someone. Its not like making icecream, but it did come from China

Can you lay out the 10 point plan for success strategy?

Police confiscating 900 kilograms ice hurt someone. Its not like making icecream, but it did come from China

Can you lay out the 10 point plan for success strategy?

Nope it's a tough one.
But I see it as a health issue rather than a criminal one.
Throw all the money they waste into health and education strategies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope it's a tough one.
But I see it as a health issue rather than a criminal one.
Throw all the money they waste into health and education strategies.

There definitely is education strategies. Crikies it wouldn't hurt using the government broadcasting commission to produce a documentary on drug induced psychosis. Interviews with drug affected users describing their experiences in the side effects. Take away the romance.

Customs check for a range of different crimes, so they are already there. They have to check for disease, weapon,etc etc

How is it Australia probably has one the best education programs, better than many countries but some the highest ice use in the world per head population? Some good salesmen around?

Last edited:
Some state governments are saying they cant afford build another prison at present. While cannabis is not safe, maybe decriminalise the illicit drug to reduce pressure on courts and the system?
Most cannabis users are only at risk to themselves. Most casual users, wrong place wrong time. Nicotine adulteration appears to be the catalyst for addiction.

We just cant keep building $70 million prisons. Well, we can if we reduce expenses on dealing with menial offences.

I was alarmed the other day that I was told someone cut their GPS bracelet without an alarm going off. Of course they went straight to prison.
I know someone who had gone round and broken both the arms and legs of someone who was on remand with GPS bracelet. It is a good system for crims to be working and paying taxes. He was working with an old work colleague. If they cant afford put them in prison for remand, at least send them to work.

Crime hasn't fallen. Police are reluctant to charge people that will only pass through the court and out the revolving door. Its a waste of resources.

Last edited:

Yep. They can't even stop drugs getting into prisons when they search everyone, have the place under lock and key with high walls, drug dogs, you name it.

Step 1 of 1: Make every 15 year old school kid in the country watch Requiem for a Dream

Build viewing galleries above emergency departments in hospitals and let parents take their 12, 13, 14 year olds along at night on a weekend to watch the mayhem.

The only problems I can see with is that it might harm future recruitment for emergency workers.

Step 1 of 1: Make every 15 year old school kid in the country watch Requiem for a Dream
Requiem for a Dream is a brutal film but that won't turn people off using gear. The film is more about how deluded people can get anyway when they get set on doing something.

15 year olds wouldn't really understand the film.

There definitely is education strategies. Crikies it wouldn't hurt using the government broadcasting commission to produce a documentary on drug induced psychosis. Interviews with drug affected users describing their experiences in the side effects. Take away the romance.

Customs check for a range of different crimes, so they are already there. They have to check for disease, weapon,etc etc

How is it Australia probably has one the best education programs, better than many countries but some the highest ice use in the world per head population? Some good salesmen around?
Living in a fairly nice area I've never been offered ice, but I'd have to imagine some of these rural areas and crappier areas of the country are being offered tons of it at cheap prices. Education probably isn't the greatest for some of these people and they just see it as a cheap fix to get through their days. Really does baffle me how it has become ingrained in some communities. Traditionally the types that use it now probably would have turned to booze but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Really nasty.

Maybe it's time to look at legalising marijuana. If people want something to smoke and help them get by, it's a far safer solution than ice and the government could make some nice coin from it. You won't be stopping ice use that easily, but I get the feeling a lot of first time users would be doing so because of how easy it is to supposedly get a hold of in certain areas.

I don't want to be a wet blanket but we only hear about drugs that are stopped,there must be heaps getting through and making people instant millionaires and has anyone noticed that foreigners seem to be involved in the drug trade?

"Authorities are calling it Australia's largest seizure of ice, and the drugs – all 903 kilograms of them – were found in floorboards.

The drugs, which police say are valued at almost $900 million, were seized when a suspect shipment of floorboards from China was found in a nondescript warehouse in Melbourne's outer east. The drugs had been hidden between the wooden slats."
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/l...ory-found-in-floorboards-20170404-gvdtqh.html

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...y/news-story/ba11730fa167d72e8923c7bebccda718

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...y/news-story/1c743361fb11cdf9d41d7fe2d3350dc4

Well done Australian Federal Police and Victoria Police. What a result!

The outcome of this is that the cops will get next years budget + 5%

Remove this Banner Ad

Back