FTA-TV MasterChef 2017 (Season 9)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll tape it, probably watch it on my HDD, at around 9:15pm or so. Too many ads, and I hate finale's in particular for this. Fast forward, don't watch a single ad. Perfect.

I'll watch Ninja warrior for an hour and half or so.

Gonna put this in spoilers as a bit of conjecture is involved.

So I haven't watched most of this season. Found it dull early on and wasn't engaged in anyone's story. I thought it may be over by now but apparently not, as I googled and found out who the finalists are (btw, thanks to the guys who spoiled that it was a man and woman final earlier on, lol, when my wife has tuned in over the last week I saw only one guy left in the last 4 or 5 I think so... thanks).

Anyways, came across this article: http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...s/news-story/e011d5ee77248cf28479f0cb85fe1624

This quote from Gary in regards to Diana being a huge favourite:

This is the most level playing field we’ve had for a MasterChef Australia Grand Final for a number of years

I dunno, to me this sounds like him playing it up because Diana wins and they need people to tune in for the ratings. To say something like that would seem it was anything but. Especially as last year was a cracker between Elena and Matt.

Anyways, just found it interesting.

im just super excited to see what flavour ice cream Ben makes tonight.
personally im hoping for brussel sprouts and tarragon with just a hint of green tea to provide that subtle umami taste for balance.

i'm pretty sure that someone said it was a female winner a few weeks ago. i even vaguely remember replying to the post but i cant find it now...maybe it got deleted.

im just super excited to see what flavour ice cream Ben makes tonight.
personally im hoping for brussel sprouts and tarragon with just a hint of green tea to provide that subtle umami taste for balance.

i'm pretty sure that someone said it was a female winner a few weeks ago. i even vaguely remember replying to the post but i cant find it now...maybe it got deleted.

Might just be me, but I never was eating ice-cream and thought "hmmm this tastes unbalanced, if only there was some tarragon and rosemary infused in there I would be happy."

I just don't get these weird savoury/spice infused ice cream concoctions they come up with

Seems like they do it just to please the judges and their insatiable need for a 'new idea' every single cook

Last edited:
Gonna put this in spoilers as a bit of conjecture is involved.

So I haven't watched most of this season. Found it dull early on and wasn't engaged in anyone's story. I thought it may be over by now but apparently not, as I googled and found out who the finalists are (btw, thanks to the guys who spoiled that it was a man and woman final earlier on, lol, when my wife has tuned in over the last week I saw only one guy left in the last 4 or 5 I think so... thanks).

Anyways, came across this article: http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...s/news-story/e011d5ee77248cf28479f0cb85fe1624

This quote from Gary in regards to Diana being a huge favourite:

I dunno, to me this sounds like him playing it up because Diana wins and they need people to tune in for the ratings. To say something like that would seem it was anything but. Especially as last year was a cracker between Elena and Matt.

Anyways, just found it interesting.

Don't read this until after tonight.
It was leaked ages ago that Diana wins

Don't read this until after tonight.
It was leaked ages ago that Diana wins

Unless it's super close the whole way through, the winner is probably gonna be evident early on anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless it's super close the whole way through, the winner is probably gonna be evident early on anyway
I don't know why they record two endings and make the finalists wait until it airs on TV to find out who actually wins (confirmed by Dapper), they should do it Survivor style and have a live reveal in front of an audience and then talk to the other cooks about their highlights etc.

They can go from the prerecorded episode to the live show where they reveal the winner.

I have faith that whoever cut it will at least make it seem like it was close.

Ben makes ******* ice cream again. If Diana doesn't win it's a joke.

Lol. * off Ben.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back