FTA-TV MasterChef 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know what's going on tonight as I am downstairs having some Big Footy time, but it must be good given the screaming and swearing coming from those in the house in front of the TV. It's worse than me in the last quarter last Saturday ;). Has the MRO intervened and sent someone home?

Are they not allowed to use thermometers when cooking meat?

Baffling to me that they also do it by sight and not with a thermometer.

Think they are allowed but they rarely use it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was only on in the background but I thought I heard him say that he thought he didn't have time to run to the storage area and find one

I don't think most chefs use them - they go by touch - but I guess they'd do it better considering they'd be doing it every day

It was only on in the background but I thought I heard him say that he thought he didn't have time to run to the storage area and find one

I don't think most chefs use them - they go by touch - but I guess they'd do it better considering they'd be doing it every day

Yeah that's probably true, guess the point of going on the show is to develop those skills.

But I would be reverse searing everything and using a thermometer since it's basically foolproof if it was me on the show.

Curtis Stone made a huge song and dance about Chloe mincing his precious steak. How dare she! Douche
That was one of the ugliest and least appetizing dishes I have seen on this show. How she didn't get booted for that dish instead of Brendan is a total mystery.

It looked like spag bog.

That was one of the ugliest and least appetizing dishes I have seen on this show. How she didn't get booted for that dish instead of Brendan is a total mystery.

It looked like spag bog.

At least it was cooked! Brendan’s steak was so undercooked it wasn’t funny.

It looked like spag bog.

Agreed it didn't look great but the judges were happy with how it tasted. Brendan's beef was almost raw, surprised that they actually ate it.

At least it was cooked! Brendan’s steak was so undercooked it wasn’t funny.
Agreed it didn't look great but the judges were happy with how it tasted. Brendan's beef was almost raw, surprised that they actually ate it.
It was blue but that doesn't make it inedible, particularly with a nice cut of meat like that was.

It was blue but that doesn't make it inedible, particularly with a nice cut of meat like that was.

You shouldn’t undercook meat especially after Curtis specifically warned him that the meat takes longer than he was giving it.

Brendan is a very good cook but if you undercook things that should mean you go home.

I get that people like their steaks cooked differently. Well-done. Medium. Medium-rare. Rare. Blue.
If blue is considered raw and inedible by the judges why is that steak tartare is perfectly reasonable and acceptable to eat:huh:

I get that people like their steaks cooked differently. Well-done. Medium. Medium-rare. Rare. Blue.
If blue is considered raw and inedible by the judges why is that steak tartare is perfectly reasonable and acceptable to eat:huh:
One of my best mates works at a "chef's hat" restuarant in Melbourne's CBD and blue is exactly how he likes it when the cut of meat is that good. I just don't think it was a major sin and better than over cooking it or (mincing it!!!).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back