FTA-TV Masterchef 2019

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I just don't think they would have gone with an ex contestant

Yeah that seems a strange decision to me too.

These has to be quite a number of female Masterchefs out there that aren't tv personalities yet who could be perfect for the role.

I don't necessarily think the judges need to have a tv reputation. Having a female judge with the right personality who no one has really heard of before could create a lot of intrigue with viewers as they get to know the person.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Yeah that seems a strange decision to me too.

These has to be quite a number of female Masterchefs out there that aren't tv personalities yet who could be perfect for the role.

I don't necessarily think the judges need to have a tv reputation. Having a female judge with the right personality who no one has really heard of before could create a lot of intrigue with viewers as they get to know the person.

The hardest thing they will battle with is the ability to be a presenter as well. But Gary wasn't always a gun at it.

But I agree, I'd like to see nothing but proper chefs.

I actually like Maggie. I edited her on Great Aussie bake off. Admittedly that probably suits her better as she's so pleasant. Although she is a MASTER at culinary business. So she might be good at those "this is what it's like in the real world" meltdown moments. I can see it working.

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The hardest thing they will battle with is the ability to be a presenter as well. But Gary wasn't always a gun at it.

But I agree, I'd like to see nothing but proper chefs.

I actually like Maggie. I edited her on Great Aussie bake off. Admittedly that probably suits her better as she's so pleasant. Although she is a MASTER at culinary business. So she might be good at those "this is what it's like in the real world" meltdown moments. I can see it working.

Fair enough. I just don't think she fits the role of a judge on the show. Guest chef, sure!

But when you look at her "pressure tests" like her picnic challenge this year, it's not at a Masterchef level.

Fair enough. I just don't think she fits the role of a judge on the show. Guest chef, sure!

But when you look at her "pressure tests" like her picnic challenge this year, it's not at a Masterchef level.

The whole year was not at MasterChef level...

We had Tim making toasted sandwiches in the top6!

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Maggie instead of Shannon...

Well can see this being a flop and a half

Poh...arrhhhhh

Shannon as a judge would have been at the top of the list for me.

DapperJong do you know why they wouldn't go with him? Does he not have the time to devote to the show?

Shannon as a judge would have been at the top of the list for me.

DapperJong do you know why they wouldn't go with him? Does he not have the time to devote to the show?

Him, Curtis and one of the girls. Not fussed who that last one was. Two is overkill.

Was it Tim that made the "Fine Dining" dish that included French Toast?
:drunk:

That’s the one lol

This is “Masterchef”

It was a trash year wish I could be nicer but it was

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So they're going with two 'celebrities' with an existing brand rather than new chefs whose public persona they have to build up. That's just lazy. It'll make the final product even more bland.

Agree with comments above, this year has been mediocre. There are two MC fanatics at my place, neither was interested enough to watch the final. Who won?

So they're going with two 'celebrities' with an existing brand rather than new chefs whose public persona they have to build up. That's just lazy. It'll make the final product even more bland.

Agree with comments above, this year has been mediocre. There are two MC fanatics at my place, neither was interested enough to watch the final. Who won?

Larissa won but really they should have just made the final 2. Simon wasn’t final worthy how he was there is a disgraceful illustration on how bad this year was!

Curtis I don’t mind but the other two are a waste of time.

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Larissa won but really they should have just made the final 2. Simon wasn’t final worthy how he was there is a disgraceful illustration on how bad this year was!

Curtis I don’t mind but the other two are a waste of time.

That Beetroot entree was very ordinary. I'd expect something like that in the first week, not a final!

DapperJong

Cancelled
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Well, keep doing a good job and make him a judge! Lol

If the other names are true, i'm tipping it will be a complete fail!

Sure, but it'll be the same if Maggie gets picked. It'll be fine.

It's weird to say that what she brings as a guest judge is what will happen every week.

Back