FTA-TV Masterchef 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure, but it'll be the same if Maggie gets picked. It'll be fine.

It's weird to say that what she brings as a guest judge is what will happen every week.

Can’t wait for the weekly picnic basket challenges...she's fine as a guest judge but jeez.

Can’t wait for the weekly picnic basket challenges...she's fine as a guest judge but jeez.

I literally just said it will be different and you wouldn't get picnic challenges every week.

You struggle at comprehension.

Sorry, just don't see it working. Well, at least for me anyway

Well if it'll work for Shannon it'll work for Maggie, because we will make it work. You can't agree for one and not the other, unless it's just her face you don't like.

Gary was the worst. Just didn’t want to be there half the time.

It seems that they all share the same manager and the pay dispute is a real thing.

I believe they also have their own production company together.

also believe they looking at "global dominance" with India as the likely destination.

i like Maggie but dont think she's suited to the role.
Poh works for me but i just wish she'd relax a little...the way she is in her own tv shows. everything seems so forced from her on Masterchef.
having both of them gives you a judging panel decidedly lacking in restaurant experience.

anyway, the judges arent the real problem. the contestants were what let the show down this season.

also this opinion piece from the ABC :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I literally just said it will be different and you wouldn't get picnic challenges every week.

You struggle at comprehension.

Can't see it working. Doubt I'll bother with the guest comments other than Curtis anyway. Maggie comes across as bland I'm sorry but that's just my view and I'll stick with it. Shannon would have been a good pick, he's only one alternative. Someone like Justine Schofield who hosts her own show and is very bubbly and everything, Adam Lew wouldn't be a bad choice either.

anyway, the judges arent the real problem. the contestants were what let the show down this season.

This.

Was the worst season ever. Honestly barring Larrisa and Tessa, who might be top 10 in another year, the quality so to speak was pathetic!

dapper, do I recall you in the past saying Maggie struggled with her lines etc?
often had scenes reshot because of it?

Yep. Not sure if they got re-shot to be honest. Great if so.

Can't see it working. Doubt I'll bother with the guest comments other than Curtis anyway. Maggie comes across as bland I'm sorry but that's just my view and I'll stick with it. Shannon would have been a good pick, he's only one alternative. Someone like Justine Schofield who hosts her own show and is very bubbly and everything, Adam Lew wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Adam Liaw would be my pick of the ex contestants.

Doesn't have the right cred for mine

She's like the Mary Berry equivalent. She's an Aussie food legend. Cred is the last thing she needs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Chutney "Pressure Test"!

Hey Tim would have struggled lol

Did lol in the Grand final that contestants toasted bread rather than made it themselves lol

i like Maggie but dont think she's suited to the role.
Poh works for me but i just wish she'd relax a little...the way she is in her own tv shows. everything seems so forced from her on Masterchef.
having both of them gives you a judging panel decidedly lacking in restaurant experience.

also this opinion piece from the ABC :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
LOL, exactly what you'd expect from the ABC. Far be it for me to suggest that the new judges ought to be three professional chefs at the top of their game, regardless of gender, ethnicity or sexual identification. But instead we'll get celebrities. The show will change (and in my opinion suffer) as a consequence.

MC survived as long as it did largely because the original judges were unknown outside the industry and had to establish themselves. The first season also had an established presenter (Sarah Wilson) to cover for this, even though she was superfluous.

everything seems so forced from her on Masterchef.

Good point here.

I used to edit Justine's show and yeah, she's great. But when she was a guest on MC a few years ago, she struggled. She told me it was just cos of the size of the show.

So I think these types just need to adjust if they are chosen

Good point here.

I used to edit Justine's show and yeah, she's great. But when she was a guest on MC a few years ago, she struggled. She told me it was just cos of the size of the show.

So I think these types just need to adjust if they are chosen

Love her show, watch it more than Masterchef this year, although I'm into the US version, better quality this year hopefully.

Hey Tim would have struggled lol

Did lol in the Grand final that contestants toasted bread rather than made it themselves lol

It was sourdough though so it would have been near on impossible to do themselves within the time limit. They should have just gone without it.

Surely you need someone more 'cheffy' than Justine. As much as I like watching her (for obvious reasons), she hasn't got the street cred.

Of the ex-contestants, Kylie Millar would be my choice but maybe they need to go back to Sydney and get Matt Moran, Peter Gilmour etc.

It was sourdough though so it would have been near on impossible to do themselves within the time limit. They should have just gone without it.

It was a laugh, is it Masterchef or "can I buy bread from Coles"

How Larissa's entree was the same as Tessa's was an utter joke, lets not mention Larissa made her diners wait..

It was a laugh, is it Masterchef or "can I buy bread from Coles"

How Larissa's entree was the same as Tessa's was an utter joke, lets not mention Larissa made her diners wait..

Yep. Totally biased scoring as always.

One of the biggest things i won't miss from these judges. How the hell did Larissa's dessert get 10's with all the issues she had?

Yep. Totally biased scoring as always.

One of the biggest things i won't miss from these judges. How the hell fid Larissa's dessert get 10's with all the issues she had?

The other thing is why on earth is't the finale a blind tasting?

There should have been points deducted for keeping diners waiting...she was still cutting bones when the service started...yet she gets 9's...pigs fly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back