FTA-TV Masterchef 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Let the supervisors quit, find new supervisors.. need a good cop/bad cop combo.

Moran and Curtis would have been great.
Then throw in a female judge to appease the feminists.

Moran is ******* horrible. I have edited two shows with that guy. Endemolshine won't want him and neither will channel 10.

And yes, a female judge would appease me.

Of course not. But it wouldn't be a problem if there were.

If they are actually entertaining...Poh is good in small doses, but meh sorry not a fan of a whole season of Maggie..they had a Maggie Beer week one year and that was bad enough personally.

If they wanted a female celeb judge Nigella would have been better

Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
If they are actually entertaining...Poh is good in small doses, but meh sorry not a fan of a whole season of Maggie..they had a Maggie Beer week one year and that was bad enough personally.

just don't think Poh has enough "cred" to be a judge.

just don't think Poh has enough "cred" to be a judge.

At least she’s entertaining I guess.

It’s a weird trio. Matt is so charismatic he made that show, not sure any of these 3 are near his quality.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus

Both Nigella and Maggie are on par for me. Both have a s**t tonne of cred but both struggle to string sentences together.

But their gender shouldn't be an issue anyway. Let them get it on their merit.

And that includes Poh. I'm not a fan of her. She doesn't tick enough boxes.

Both Nigella and Maggie are on par for me. Both have a s**t tonne of cred but both struggle to string sentences together.

But their gender shouldn't be an issue anyway. Let them get it on their merit.

And that includes Poh. I'm not a fan of her. She doesn't tick enough boxes.

Male or female don’t care. What I do care about is charisma. Some have it, some don’t. Curtis does, good selection. The other two I’m far from convinced.

Also all 3 struggle to give any criticism at all which means it will be all lovey dovey which by week 3 will be boring!

DapperJong

Cancelled
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Also all 3 struggle to give any criticism at all which means it will be all lovey dovey which by week 3 will be boring!

They will get told by the producers to give bad points for every meal they taste. Up to us to include it or not. I can guarantee you if they become full time judges, they will be judgy.

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Moran is ******* horrible. I have edited two shows with that guy. Endemolshine won't want him and neither will channel 10.

And yes, a female judge would appease me.

Why not these female chefs?

Alla Wolf-Tasker (Lake House)

Kylie Kwong

Natasha Burnett

Angela Hartnett - (British). Worked with Gordon Ramsey on Hell's Kitchen. Thought she was pretty good on the Great British Chefs show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DapperJong

Cancelled
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Why not these female chefs?

Alla Wolf-Tasker (Lake House)

Kylie Kwong

Natasha Burnett

Angela Hartnett - (British). Worked with Gordon Ramsey on Hell's Kitchen. Thought she was pretty good on the Great British Chefs show.

That ilk is what you're looking for, absolutely. I still need to eat at Lake House....

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Apparently George, Gary and Matt are going pitch some sort of show to Amazon and Netflix

George Calombaris, Gary Mehigan and Matt Preston won’t waste any time exploring their next small screen endeavours together.

A day after abruptly exiting reality television juggernaut MasterChef Australia, the three are preparing to develop new concepts under the banner of their own production company GGM, which they will pitch to streaming service giants Netflix and Amazon.

Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
Sorry but they needed someone with some real presence, like a Gordon Ramsay or Marco Pierre White.

I honestly think the exact opposite - the reason the show has such broad appeal is they aren't campaigners and the show (while cheesy and emotionally manipulative) is constructive and nice as a rule.

Bring the hard-arses in for guest spots to shake everything up.

Imagine Matt leaving means Marco is now back on the table for appearances though.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
There's too many of them, and Matt doesn't hold a candle to Padma (Top Chef US) or Eden (Top Chef Canada) in terms of looks or presentation skills, and he barely has better credentials than only one of the two
Oh so there is a Top Chef show. Was a dig at Top Gear and those three taking off for a new show

Remove this Banner Ad

Back