MasterChef 2021

Agree with others this crop looks dire early doors.

Very very ordinary series. I’ll hive it 3 weeks hope they flush out 10 useless cooks so we can watch the decent ones

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Yeah, apart from Trent, whose food looked horrendous, I thought it was pretty decent. Also Linda doing a poached egg. Lol. One of the first things I could ever cook.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
I still don’t get the criticism of the food. Has looked largely amazing for me, especially so early in the competition.

Wanted to absolutely smash the Middle Eastern dish in the bottom 5 cook off. Yum.
There's been some terrific food made already, so I'm with you. The criticism so far is unwarranted. I'm enjoying the series so far. It'll take a little time to get the know the contestants and see their personalities on the screen, but that's the same for the beginning of any new season where they have home cooks and not all stars.

Ray Jay Johnson

Senior List
Feb 23, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
There's been some terrific food made already, so I'm with you. The criticism so far is unwarranted. I'm enjoying the series so far. It'll take a little time to get the know the contestants and see their personalities on the screen, but that's the same for the beginning of any new season where they have home cooks and not all stars.

Agreed, the food so far seems to be on par with previous years and a decent amount of talent across different cuisines. The criticism in this thread seems to be about personalities not being interesting, which is hard to show when so many contestants are still there. Also, no stand out ‘hot’ contestant like Billie to get some people’s attention.

I am enjoying it as much as most previous seasons.

I thought he would have been into Wynona, seems his type.

That’s the blonde one isn’t she? Her desert was really good easily the best one in the pin challenge personally my sort of dessert as I am not massively into sweet sweet dishes

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS
I see they got rid of another useless one only a few more till the top 12-14. Think there’s 10 genuine fillers this year

i think they know as well, some of the contestants are not even getting a look in. i don't think i've seen anything that Scott , Jess or Sabina has cooked yet, it's like they are extras or something.

i think they know as well, some of the contestants are not even getting a look in. i don't think i've seen anything that Justin, Scott , Jess or Sabina has cooked yet, it's like they are extras or something.

They are let’s be honest will take 2 weeks to get rid of them.

I do agree there are a number of them that get very little screen time at present. It'll take time to whittle out the pretenders.

Yep hive it 2-3 weeks the last 10 are fairly mediocre this season

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Took a week or so but slowly getting into this season. The initial episodes were a bit too dragged out. So was this Trent guy the first to be eliminated?

Also have they changed the format slightly this season. Have just started watching and looks like elimination is on Sunday night?

Agree on the food there have been some cracking dishes so far,plenty of talent in this group.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Trent was the first out, yes. He couldn't cook for s**t.

I thought Tommy was very lucky he didn't get eliminated last night. Going by the comments his dish seemed the worst to me. They must've seen more upside in him going forward than the Sri Lankin lady. Nice seeing Poh, Callum, and Reynold though.

Trent was the first out, yes. He couldn't cook for sh*t.

I thought Tommy was very lucky he didn't get eliminated last night. Going by the comments his dish seemed the worst to me. They must've seen more upside in him going forward than the Sri Lankin lady. Nice seeing Poh, Callum, and Reynold though.

The one that went home was a mile worse. Tommy at least had elements that were great such as the broth.

imagine not been able to get the pastry out of the shell, 3 that should have been eliminated straight away for that fail last night

Let’s be real all 3 of them won’t last long they are all in the “fillers” this season

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
imagine not been able to get the pastry out of the shell, 3 that should have been eliminated straight away for that fail last night
It wasn't pastry, actually, it was tempered white chocolate, and if you don't temper it right you can't get it out of the shell apparently. Jock said so before they started. I would've stuck it in some hot water, let the choccy melt a bit, then gently pull it out. I don't know if anyone tried that cos I didn't watch all of it.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The one that went home was a mile worse. Tommy at least had elements that were great such as the broth.

I stopped watching when Tommy's dish was being assessed as I had assumed he was a goner.

The team challenge was interesting. Blue team with the huge comeback. Who went home from the purple team?

I stopped watching when Tommy's dish was being assessed as I had assumed he was a goner.

The team challenge was interesting. Blue team with the huge comeback. Who went home from the purple team?

Maja went home. Another average to meh contestant so not a surprise. Her and fish girl were the worst two, her one was slightly worse

I've really been noticing this season that poor old Andy doesn't get much screen time when it comes to judging the food. They usually show Mel and or Jock's comments on the food for the majority of the time. It kind of makes Andy's presence superfluous.

I think there's only so many times you can say "that's a cracking dish".

Don't mind this season though, people are actually going home based on the criteria unlike Laura cooking pasta every single week like last season.

Still a lot of desert cooks just doing sweet though. Same thing really.

Back