FTA-TV MasterChef 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree the judging was strange last night. How a failed pannacotta can get 7s is beyond me. But that aside, I was super impressed with how Billie fought back after the pannacotta failure. It looked like she was on the ropes during the pressure test, but her grit and determination to redo incorrect elements despite the risk of not finishing was fascinating viewing.

It's been a pretty good season contestant-wise, but the judges were sometimes a bit average. Andy's opinions of the dishes often weren't even aired. You'd mostly get Jock's and Melissa's views on everything, so why is Andy even there? Is it just to say the word "cracking?" The show isn't perfect, but it's still one of the best reality TV shows on Aussie TV.

Last edited:
Surely im not the only one that's like a big WTF at that result? she served them unset panacotta and got 7's? like what?

How ******* fake is this show?

Sarah should have won plain and simple she did nothing wrong

Totally agree !!

Three judges for the first dish and four judges for the second dish ??

If there was an extra judge in the first round Sarah would have had an even bigger lead, this was farcical on every possible level.

As for the runny panna-cotta ....... people have been eliminated for that so why does it warrant a 7 from the judges in the final ??

This was all set-up prior, it was completely rigged !!!

Totally agree !!

Three judges for the first dish and four judges for the second dish ??

If there was an extra judge in the first round Sarah would have had an even bigger lead, this was farcical on every possible level.

As for the runny panna-cotta ....... people have been eliminated for that so why does it warrant a 7 from the judges in the final ??

This was all set-up prior, it was completely rigged !!!

The first round always has more judges, has since day 1. The person setting the pressure test always is judging the last one.

Sarah stuffed up two elements in the pressure test too, there was no way her one was a 7-8 anyway. They were scoring weirdly. Billie deserved 6’s first round but Sarah deserved 6’s last round so let’s just call it an even flop. Comes down to which dish was executed better, Bilie in the pressure test or Sarah in the brief challenge. Considering Billie did perfection I’d say it’s her.

Billie wasn't judged nearly as hard enough as she should have for a dish that was essentially cream and just fruit at that point.

And Sarah wasn’t judged nearly hard enough for her pressure test. They were both flop dishes. Just give them both 6’s because that’s what they were.

My theory is the judges and producers realized if they gave Billie an appropriate score for her first dish then the whole thing really would have been over, so they inflated her score so she was still in it to make the pressure test more exciting. Of course, I have no proof of this, but there's no way that pannacotta was worth a seven, no way in hell.

I coming to the conclusion that Sarah was robbed really. But it's only a TV show so I'll probably forget about it in like 2 days.

My theory is the judges and producers realized if they gave Billie an appropriate score for her first dish then the whole thing really would have been over, so they inflated her score so she was still in it to make the pressure test more exciting. Of course, I have no proof of this, but there's no way that pannacotta was worth a seven, no way in hell.

I coming to the conclusion that Sarah was robbed really. But it's only a TV show so I'll probably forget about it in like 2 days.

my theory is Sarah will return to India, to her Goa restaurant. So no value to the network.
Billie will get or continue to get gigs with channel 10
pretty easy then who they want to promote.
having said that Billie overall was better despite her few flops late in the series.

having said that Billie overall was better despite her few flops late in the series.
I agree with this. As I said in a previous post, I think the best two cooks on the show over the season had been Billie & Julie. It's no biggy. Reality TV competitions are never fair and they're always manipulated for the best ratings down to even who stays or goes. By the end of the week, we'll have all forgotten about the show.

Pretty poor finale last night, the panacotta in 1st round was worthy of scores of 4s and 5s, who cares if theres a massive gap that cant be overcome, just judge them as it should be judged. Sarah should have won easily last night, totally rigged finale and it just capped off an overly poor season of Masterchef, cant see it coming back next year.

Pretty poor finale last night, the panacotta in 1st round was worthy of scores of 4s and 5s, who cares if theres a massive gap that cant be overcome, just judge them as it should be judged. Sarah should have won easily last night, totally rigged finale and it just capped off an overly poor season of Masterchef, cant see it coming back next year.

It’s already been announced as back next year. Auditions are soon

I didn’t like the whole fans vs favourites idea, basically means 50% of the contestants aren’t genuine chances from the start.

Which might be the same for most seasons anyway I guess.

Frankly we are lucky there weren’t more fans anyway because if Daniel and Keyma were the best two jeez

Masterchef is scraping the bottom of the barrel now, they found all the best chefs in the nation, so thats why i think they should retire the show while they are ahead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Masterchef is scraping the bottom of the barrel now, they found all the best chefs in the nation, so thats why i think they should retire the show while they are ahead
Would love to see an international competition. Pull some favourites from various countries’ competitions to compete.

If anybody else watches clips of the other versions, I have to say that the Canadian one is great to watch in particular.

Would love to see an international competition. Pull some favourites from various countries’ competitions to compete.

If anybody else watches clips of the other versions, I have to say that the Canadian one is great to watch in particular.

Like the UK one and I like a few other ones as well but yes MasterChef Canada is awesome

Its an advertising cash cow for the network.
Coles alone, let alone all the product placement, A2 Milk, Cobram Estate Olive oil etc

its going nowhere

Gone far to young, was a great addition to judging when he came on board.

He was my favourite judge by a long way. Andy has improved in his judging over the first two seasons (but was still a long way short of Jock's level), and Mel is okay but Jock knew how to give a proper critique of the food.

Shocking news so sad. Not only his family but feel for Andy and Mel as well as all of the MC contestants and chefs. I love MC but I just can't watch this season now. Will come back if it continues in 2024

Really hoping Jock didn't do something rash as the timing is concerning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back